Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Upcoming Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

D-Day Oklamhoma Roll Call

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_negotiator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: D-Day Oklamhoma Roll Call
    Posted: 05 January 2005 at 5:39pm

Call to arms (in advance)

I will be the new commander for the canadian forces serving under Blakely, overall comonwealth commander.

For those of you that played on the commonwealth, my friend Carbone (aka Vampire), was commander of the canadians, but this year he will be serving a tour in bosnia.  We all wish him good luck and a safe return.

This year the canadian and british elements are being expanded and our roles increased.  If any of you Tippmans where their many will recall how well the commonwealth performed, and that our camp site was the most frequented since we had Canadian MRE's, yum. 

I have been tasked to start encouraging more players to join commonwealth, and begin determining how many will prereg for our side so that present allied leaders can better assess troop turnout.  Yes that is right, last year we where very highly organized.  The commonwealth players where all spreadsheeted on a notebook, and sorted out into units according to strength and relationship.  This year we are doing the same.

For now post here for those interested.  I will check the site weekly and post updates.  The d-day site will also have posts from Blakely.  We are trying our best to encourage a large turnout and provide a better atmosphere for our teammates. 

This year we will be having a cook out for commonwealth players the night before the event starts.  In addition, some of us will arrive early to stake out parking so that all brits and CDNS can hang together.

Should you have any questions feel free to post and i will do my best to answer them.  For you german players many of you will remember me as the one running into the firebase with a CDN flag.  Their where some pics posted, you can see that i was about 80+ft from the rest of the attacking force.  Lets just say ouch!!.

Have fun and play safe.

PJ

I come in peace!!
Army0044 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Army0044 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2005 at 10:25pm
Hey this is Army0044, ive never played in a scenerio game and was just wondering when this D-Day thing was? So if u could tell me soon that would be great. Thanks.
TeamTippmann08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TeamTippmann08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2005 at 11:33pm
i've been in plenty of scenario games and im looking for more... when and where cuz im in
the_negotiator View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_negotiator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2005 at 5:53pm

Thanks for replying!!

D-day is from June 6th till June 12th

Preregistration is March 1st

site to visit www.oklahomadday.com

Any further questions just post and i will reply.

Have Fun

I come in peace!!
iceman1186 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iceman1186 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2005 at 9:02pm
I'll be playing with the 82nd Airborne.
Thompsonshooter View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
If I build it... you will drool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thompsonshooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2005 at 8:23pm
I'll be with the 101st..

Eric Engler
President
www.englerpaintballguns.com
dethspec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dethspec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2005 at 10:03am
Thanks for the thread. This will be my first trip to D-Day and unless
I get into a game in April, this will be my first organized scenario
game. My son (15, 16 on in May) will be coming with me. I am also
trying to finalize who else will be going with me (possibly 2-3
others). I am very excited and looking forward to it.

However, we have not registered yet, not selected a unit. We were
considering the 1st since they storm the beaches and my father-in-
law was in the 1st. But I would like to know what you guys think.
What would be a good unit for a DDay/scenario game noobie? I have
also considered the 101st since I'm in Nashville and have friends and
family in that unit. both my son and I are in tremendous physical
shape so physical limits are not a problem. We'd just like to have the
most fun possible and contribute to our side winning. what do you
guys think since there are some posts from the 101st, 82nd, and the
Canadians?

Thanks! And see you there.
thenegotiator View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thenegotiator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2005 at 12:22pm

Hail to all the warriors!!

The greatest action to be had last year was with the canadians and british elements.  This year they have agreed to provide us a section of the wall to storm to reflect canada's part in taking of the beach heads.  Likewise, the rest of the commonwealth will be placed randomly on the field. 

Myself, and other members of the command staff under Blakely found that operating in smaller units allows for greater movement and infiltration on the field.  As such, we have begun a format to distribute manpower in several combat elements, forming striketeams, which would be attached to the larger groups if need be.  Like last year, the commonwealth had participated in over seven objectives, for which we gained credit for. 

All in all, the event is quite fun, and you will enjoy yourself.

Edited by thenegotiator
madpaintballer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madpaintballer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2005 at 7:50pm
Hey, could you guys give me some info on the units. Im not to informed about scenario games. Ive been to MMG and twc but those arent reallly true scenario games. Just wondering if different units do different things or if it matters at all. Also what team and unit are the majority of forumers gonna be on this year?
"Killing is my business...and business is good."
iceman1186 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iceman1186 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2005 at 9:11pm
Both Airborne Divisions are "dropped" behind enemy lines and must fight their way out and secure different objectives. Check out all Unit and Division missions at Oklahoma D-Day

Edited by iceman1186
NeTippmann98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeTippmann98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2005 at 9:20pm
this sounds like fun i live in nebraska and a few people i no are going i just started playing and have only played twice but this dday thing sounds awsome i have talked with some people about it and say it is going to be huge this year
Tippmann 98 Custom
GTA Double Trigger
Lighter Trigger Spring
PFC Rumsey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PFC Rumsey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2005 at 11:00pm
I realllllly wanna go to this with my friends but I think I am going to Europe on that date but Im not sure.

Edited by PFC Rumsey

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thenegotiator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2005 at 6:56am

Welcome Again!!

In terms of Scenarios, the general strategy of all divisions US and CW, will be as noted on the D-Day Website.  However, as i, and other members of the command staff have been deliberating, the Common Wealth forces, that is the Brits and Canucks, will follow the basic strategy but will also implement alternate missions.

The alternate missions will involve certain elements within the CW, that will assist or spearhead major operations of the US elements.  Such as, we would use a ten man fire team, to outflank a portion of the atlantic wall, in order to divert the attention of hundred's of axis players from their mission.  Sounds Suicidal, but its fun. 

Last year, our snipers where very effective forward scouts, and where able to radio us troop movements and positions for our teams. It was them up to those of us in command to determine course of action.  Afterall, this is a scenario game not a paintball fest, thus it is not required for players to be bunkered down with small skirmishes.  Our team snipers did quite well.  And yes, prior to the major event D-day does offer a sniper training course.

Above all, the event is fun.  I encourage players interested to peruse the D-day site, and determine what you would most like to endure.  Although we try to encourage more players to join the brits or us canucks, it is not for everyone, as we are considered the smaller force on the field, but we are the most agressive.

Have fun and hope to see you there.

TraumaStratPB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TraumaStratPB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2005 at 12:06pm
Of the members of StrategicPaintball attending, a majority (myself included) will be in the 82!  This'll be my first OK, so I'm pretty excited.  Any advice for a first time attendee?

How do you play?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madpaintballer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 January 2005 at 4:19pm
Sounds good, I will definatly be there this year. Not quite sure exactly how we are getting there. Probobly train and bus or as a last resort.. a very long car drive from indiana.

Hey negotiator, what team and division are you playin on? This will be my first true scenario, id like to see someone to ask questions about it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thenegotiator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2005 at 6:09pm

Originally posted by TraumaStratPB TraumaStratPB wrote:

Of the members of StrategicPaintball attending, a majority (myself included) will be in the 82!  This'll be my first OK, so I'm pretty excited.  Any advice for a first time attendee?

The only thing i can suggest is to attend a few days earlier so that you can have a decent camp site.  This year, most areas will be designated to determine where players will park.  For the commonwealth we will have our areas marked off, as we feel it is best to have our team mates a little closer to command structure. 

Also i recommend that you create a list of provisions of both gear and food, enough for those days you will be their.  Include additional change of clothes.  Candy and chocolate bars, or power bars, are a must.  For the last few years that i have been attending good clean bottled water, or power aides, are great products to have in bulk. 

Being organized is best.

When other things come to mind i will be sure to post.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thenegotiator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 January 2005 at 6:35pm

Originally posted by madpaintballer madpaintballer wrote:

Sounds good, I will definatly be there this year. Not quite sure exactly how we are getting there. Probobly train and bus or as a last resort.. a very long car drive from indiana.

Hey negotiator, what team and division are you playin on? This will be my first true scenario, id like to see someone to ask questions about it.

I will be commander of the Canadian Forces this year.  Blakely will be overall commander of the commonwealth, and their will be a commander for the brits.  If your looking to do a specialized unit, you may be required to attend two or three days before the event to train.  An example of this is the snipers, for which i have already posted a comment.

This type of scenario is linear.  Meaning, your objectives are already spelled out, and their will be time limits.  An example, the Canadians will be asked to take and hold a bridge till 1000 hours.  This could mean holding it for nearly two hours.  Likewise the germans units have a counter mission to repel.  The side that succeeds earns the points. 

Your missions will be explained to you during orientation.  Take notes if need be.  Your commanders will have the details, and it should also be posted on the net.  Strategies will be established by the command structure, and later relayed to the various teams the night before game day. 

For the commonwealth, we where the best organized, since we where one of the smallest about 100 players.  We had completed four objective in early part of the day, while facing odds of four to one.  By clever use of radios, our snipers reported troop positions, and our teams engaged them on flanking maneuvers. 

If you have any questions let me know.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thenegotiator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2005 at 7:26am

Update!

Just a reminder for those going to D-day, you should prereg as i have been informed units are quickly filling up already.

Still looking for more players to join the commonwealth, brits or canucks.  Come and serve the Queen and enjoy a cup of tea with us!

Have fun and play safe.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madpaintballer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2005 at 9:52am
What are considered "specialized units" Commonwealth sounds interesting. I have 3 people that might be joining up with me.
GunSamurai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GunSamurai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2005 at 5:28pm
 I read at the sight that special units have to run the obstical course in order to be accepted or something? but the obstecal course page at the sight wont function, whats it like?

Also Im 17 and my parents said I could go by myself if I wanted but I thought that u must be 18 to go byurself bcuz of the waver. Is that true or can they do the waver through the mail or something?

Edited by GunSamurai
So, What button draws my gun?
Oh we dont get guns, were ninjas, we get "zappers"
Wtfs a zapper? Why did we choose ninjas if we dont get guns?
Because everyones afraid of ninjas, even black people.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic