Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Freedom of Speech, yea right....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2005 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by Tae Kwon Do Tae Kwon Do wrote:

With charges such as ethnic intimidation, criminal conspiracy and inciting a riot on the table, I get the feeling there is more to this story that what we are being told.

My thoughts exactly.

Omar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Omar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2005 at 8:43pm
Those crazy christains are at it again!
MuRdoc18 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
aka ALWAYSRIGHT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MuRdoc18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2005 at 8:53pm
"They were not prohibited from preaching," said Karen Brancheau, a lawyer for the District Attorney's Office. "A reasonable request was made to prevent a situation from becoming dangerous to their own safety as well as the safety of the participants."

Are homos that dangerous?

Member of Forumer Against Most Forumers.
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2005 at 9:42pm

The original article's source was all about "The Family." So the article is most likely incredibly subjective and witholding of facts. Some of those charges must be substantial enough to hold up in court; however, we shall see as the case goes on.

Everyone would go crazy if I posted an anti war article from the antiwar.com website.

WGP guy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Quoted F and S bomb.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WGP guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2005 at 10:00pm
The Church people better win... Cause thats just messed up if they don't.  If the homosexuals can protest for rights, can't Christians protest agains that?  If they (including me) are against homosexuality, then why can't they stand up for what they believe in?  Weren't the protests against Bush hate crimes then?  Did they get 47 years? NO!  I think the Christians will win, and if they don't, I will be extremely mad, and others will too.  If they don't win, it shows you that the government has double standards (liek we already didn't know),  and that it is completely screwed up (like we didn't know that either).
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2005 at 10:02pm
You can't claim that they deserve to win without knowing the entirity of the case. It's possible that the things they did were illegal (although I'm sure they do not speak for all christians). That's why the case must be pushed through the system first without scrutiny. If nothing was illegally performed, then they will be set free because they deserve to.
PlentifulBalls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Tons of em’

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PlentifulBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2005 at 10:06pm
GO PHILLY!

sporx wrote:
well...ya i prolly will be a virgin till i'm at least 30.
WGP guy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Quoted F and S bomb.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WGP guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2005 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

You can't claim that they deserve to win without knowing the entirity of the case. It's possible that the things they did were illegal (although I'm sure they do not speak for all christians). That's why the case must be pushed through the system first without scrutiny. If nothing was illegally performed, then they will be set free because they deserve to.

well, ive seen the story on many web pages, fox (not faux) news, and other stations (I hate the other stations, but I watched this on them)  and I think Ive got the  story
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2005 at 10:08pm
Okay, well I'll just let the case take it's course. The DA will still have to decide on whether to continue, and I desperately try to stay away from television news. I usually try to stay with objective sources. I just can't see how they would be arrested or charged for a crime they didn't commit.
Monk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2005 at 10:15pm

Originally posted by WGP guy WGP guy wrote:

Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

well, ive seen the story on many web pages, fox (not faux) news, and other stations (I hate the other stations, but I watched this on them)  and I think Ive got the  story

HAHAHAHA!!!! FOX NEWS HAHAHAHA. That station is so right wing, hmmm, and the right wing doesnt like homosexuals. Nice.

Im goin with TyKwan on this one.

:EDIT: keep in mind if I could have voted, I would have voted republican this time. So none of this your a democrat liberal pansy crap.

Edited by Monk
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2005 at 10:15pm

Originally posted by WGP guy WGP guy wrote:

I've searched the web pretty thoroughly for this.  If you are basing your conclusion on the web and TV news (which is always superficial), then I can promise you that you do NOT have all the facts.

The system will play it out.

Hades View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2005 at 12:09am
Maybe this will teach some people that their message isnt always welcome. I know which side I am routing for.

rockerdoode View Drop Down

one strike, flaming 7/15

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rockerdoode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2005 at 2:57am
Originally posted by Juggernaut Juggernaut wrote:

Freedom of Speech is the most overused law suit I've ever heard.

I'll read the article now.

I just hate people playing the Freedom of Speech card, its almost as bad as the race card.

nice post, i totally agree.

"According to Sue Johanson, theres nothing that can increase your manhood, trust me I've already looked into it for myself." -Zata
tippy_182 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippy_182 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2005 at 6:58am
Originally posted by Hades Hades wrote:

Maybe this will teach some people that their message isnt always welcome. I know which side I am routing for.

Doesn't matter if it was welcome, if the story is correct, it was legal and they had every right to do what they did.

And even if they do get them on those charges, 47 years seems like a major sentence.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2005 at 8:14am

We don't know whether they had every right to do what they did.  In fact, we don't even know what they did.

As to 47 years - that is almost certainly the maximum permitted sentence for each of the charged crimes combined, and does not consider sentencing guidelines or concurrent service.  There is no way they are getting 47 years.

If they are convicted - big IF - I wager they get no more than 90 days of prison, probably no prison at all.  My guess is a suspended sentence, some parole, and a stern warning from the judge.  Unless, of course, the facts that we do not know are particularly damning.

borntopaint View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Likes to eat "Meat"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote borntopaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2005 at 9:33am
im not gonna read any of that   im just posting in here beacuse i want to see the T&O  forum when i was the last person to post in all the threads   (ony 1 or 2 people on)

"I normally refrain from conversation during gestation."
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2005 at 9:42am

How rude.

:P

Gold Member
Gold Member
Likes to eat "Meat"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote borntopaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2005 at 9:42am
hehehehe   its not like i have ne thing better to do   im homeschooled  lol

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2005 at 9:45am
Spamming is not kewl.  NOT KEWL!
Gold Member
Gold Member
Likes to eat "Meat"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote borntopaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 January 2005 at 9:48am
fine i give up   il go delete my spam posts but a bunch of those were legit posts

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
  Share Topic