Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Freedom of Speech, yea right....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
Author
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2005 at 6:05pm
Yeah, because Iraq is directly linked to 9-11. Please try to put two and two together to make four, not five like our president thinks.
oldsoldier View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Crazy old guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2005 at 6:09pm
As for the 5 in the Iraqi house, war is tragic, and those 3 american female aid workers and the two missionaries, along with the 12 Iraqis killed by the roadside bomb saturday did not even get a mention in the major media. We make a mistake, the "terrorists" intentionally kill, and we are portrayed as the badguy in our media.......whose side are the media actually on.

And you are free, because those of us in the past ensured you are, by ensuring that America's enemies never had the ability to bring harm to Americans, on American shores. 9/11 changed that. And we now must leave the responsibility of continueing that duty to those such a "Dune" who see no threat to America, he personally is safe, because ABC NBC CBS CNN has told him that there are no WMD's, we only go to war for oil, the terrorists will negotiate,(once Bush is gone), and the world will live in peace once America calls home it's soldiers, lays down it arms, and gives the world a great big hug..............................

Edited by oldsoldier
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2005 at 6:12pm
Just because they are fighting us in their country doesn't make them terrorists. Geurillas yes, terrorists, no.
Badsmitty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Parental Advisory Non Conformist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badsmitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2005 at 6:21pm
But, when the Iraqi's loaded up in those jets...um...and then flew them into...hmmmmm....and the twin towers...well uh....but 40% percent of our red state brethren who still believe it can't be wrong!
fractus.scud View Drop Down
well I have no title

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fractus.scud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2005 at 6:21pm
Are you an imbosol? Blowing up their own people, beheading Christian women feeding the poor? And technically it isnt their country and they are the vast minority.

Benny go home!
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2005 at 6:22pm

"Immune from logic." Where'd I quote that from Badsmitty?

And as I asked, what of Africa, Cuba, Saudi Arabia? With you people the logic only works for one country, Iraq.

Edited by Dune
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Crazy old guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2005 at 6:23pm
Guerillas, by definition fight for National Liberation by targeting a occupying army or force, "terrorists" indiscriminately target their own people, instilling terror in their own people.....sounds a lot like a terrorist to me....
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Crazy old guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2005 at 6:32pm
Yep, we here in Jesus Land are truely a threat to the Liberal Utopia of Peace, Love and Understanding the Blue States wish to enlighten us with. And we are way too ignorant to understand how our morale stances, to work and keeping our money for ourselves is so wrong. And to vote the way we did, only proves that the Blue States and areas are the elite, and once we understand that all will be forever better once we let the Blue States and the Liberal Elite show us the true way.

And you lost by how many?    And the same whiners are still here even after promising to leave, move to Canada, or whatever. See they can not even keep the simple promises. And we here in the Red States, or Jesus Land do not have to see shrinks when we lose or things do not go our way.

2000 the Democrats saw no use for the electoral college for they "won" the popular vote, 2004 they fought for Ohio in the Electoral college and the popular vote ment nothing..........since they lost, both.

Edited by oldsoldier
Badsmitty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badsmitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2005 at 6:39pm

Originally posted by oldsoldier oldsoldier wrote:

Guerillas, by definition fight for National Liberation by targeting a occupying army or force, "terrorists" indiscriminately target their own people, instilling terror in their own people.....sounds a lot like a terrorist to me....

What about liberators who kill roughly 17,000 of your civilian men, women and children, pile your countrymen into nude pyramids, use your country as ground zero for a war against a noun and destroy whatever infrastructure your country had? 

Badsmitty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badsmitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2005 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

"Immune from logic." Where'd I quote that from Badsmitty?

And as I asked, what of Africa, Cuba, Saudi Arabia? With you people the logic only works for one country, Iraq.

The reason rhymes with soil, toil, broil, spoil and hoyle. 

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Crazy old guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2005 at 6:59pm
All brought to you by the military that introduced nuclear weapons to incinerate two cities in 1945, who bombed the cities of two nations to rubble, who used unrestricted submarine warfare against a merchant fleet, and who in 1945 occupied and contaminated two cultures with western ideals of democracy and freedom. Guess our grandfathers were so wrong in getting involved, all would have worked out for the better if America just stayed neutral, our young refused to go and protested a unjust war, and our media saw FDR as the war monger he truely was, remmember he knew about Pearl Harbor before it happened, made clandestined Lend Lease deals with Russia and Great Britian in exchange for land leases and overseas resources, and he along with his freinds scrap iron, and oil companies profiteered off the early war years.

Sounds pretty rediculus doesn't it....now look in the mirror.

All I guess you can do is hope you win in 08, remmember the New England Liberal candidate was tried, so Hillary is not a good choice.

Edited by oldsoldier
Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2005 at 7:06pm
When did:

And try all I can not ONE positive story appears on the three stooges networks NBC,ABC,CBS, or the reliable often suspect CNN. Only the doom and gloom required to maintain the aire of what the media wants us to see to maintain the "fairness" and non-bias of thier reporting.
Just a test, look thru all the major news sites, find me one positive story of US Troops in Iraq of Afganistan. 

Turn into:

and those 3 american female aid workers and the two missionaries, along with the 12 Iraqis killed by the roadside bomb saturday did not even get a mention in the major media.

So when the deaths get reported, its the medias fault for just reporting doom and gloom, but when they dont they are just forgeting about our soldiers?

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Crazy old guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldsoldier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2005 at 3:31am
My point is the media only selects the stories that further their aganda, they report on the soldiers deaths in almost gleefull fashion, yet gloss over the other deaths inflicted by the "insurgents".
Barretm82 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
will poop in your shoes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barretm82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2005 at 5:42am
Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

Just because they are fighting us in their country doesn't make them terrorists. Geurillas yes, terrorists, no.

Dune, I disagree with you, these are terrorists, plain and simple not insurgents or "Geurillas" as you call them.

CTV.ca News Staff

Baghdad's deputy police chief and his son, also a police officer, were killed on their way to work Monday -- the latest in a series of assassinations.

Brig. Amer Ali Nayef and his son, Lt. Khalid Amer, were assassinated while traveling in their car, a spokesman for the interior ministry, Capt. Ahmed Ismail.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/11053553 65465_32/?hub=World

Sounds and looks like terrorists to me? No?

Edited by Barretm82
smitty's bro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitty's bro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2005 at 9:10am

As for the 5 in the Iraqi house, war is tragic, and those 3 american female aid workers and the two missionaries, along with the 12 Iraqis killed by the roadside bomb saturday did not even get a mention in the major media. We make a mistake, the "terrorists" intentionally kill, and we are portrayed as the badguy in our media.......whose side are the media actually on.

God forbid that someone with eyes that see, ears that hear, and a brain in the middle of it all could look at the daily news and surmise from the daily executions of Iraqi security and public officials, that things aren't going well in Iraq. It's just that liberal media blowing things out of proportion again.

Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2005 at 9:10am

Similar actions were undertaken by the French underground during WWII against French traitors (with family as innocent collateral damage), and by every insurgent/guerilla/resistance movement fighting traitors throughout history...

Not sure that is much of a distinction.  The main difference between a terrorist and guerilla/resistance fighter is whose side they are on...

EDIT - to Barrett

Edited by Clark Kent
DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2005 at 9:28am
Originally posted by smitty's bro smitty's bro wrote:

God forbid that someone with eyes that see, ears that hear, and a brain in the middle of it all could look at the daily news and surmise from the daily executions of Iraqi security and public officials, that things aren't going well in Iraq. It's just that liberal media blowing things out of proportion again.

you havent seen anything, you havent heard anything... you have seen what they wanted you to see, and you heard what they wanted you to hear, its like what they said about the whole thing with the IRA in Ireland, "If you arent confused, you dont know whats going on" the only people who really have a clue, are our soldiers, not CNN, not NBC, or anything other pretty boy news anchor that thinks hes "a real journalist" because he spent a month in iraq, hes still soft, our boys are over there ground poundin it, they are making history, they are the history, they are helping a revolution take place
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2005 at 10:56am
A revolution? I think you mean imperialism.
Liquid3 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Bigots & Bibles ROCK MY WORLD!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liquid3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2005 at 11:00am

Everybody here is trying to paint in black and white only. Everything in our society is becoming a  shade of gray. The judicial system is so complex and convoluted that whoever has the best lawer wins. And any action taken(no matter what that is, can be backed up by some law) The rule of democracy and simple right and wrong common sense laws is mostly gone. Until we can get back to some semblance of laws that the common man can understand, I don't see this getting better. The media and especially our goverment have so many alterior motives for everything that I think it's getting to the point that alot of Americans don't trust the goverment any longer. The problem with the war in Iraq is that I don't think I am getting anything but spin from anyone. What are they using the war to draw our attention away from or skew our opinion on by giving us that warm patriotic feeling of togetherness. Goverments historically have always lived by the end justifies the means moto. That just my jaded take on the whole matter. 

Barretm82 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
will poop in your shoes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barretm82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2005 at 11:09am
Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

Similar actions were undertaken by the French underground during WWII against French traitors (with family as innocent collateral damage), and by every insurgent/guerilla/resistance movement fighting traitors throughout history...

Not sure that is much of a distinction.  The main difference between a terrorist and guerilla/resistance fighter is whose side they are on...

EDIT - to Barrett

Hi Clark, good to see you around.

In your personal opinion Clark, do you see these fighters in Iraq as Terrorists or guerilla/resistance fighters? At what point do you draw the line between the two? (I absolutely don't want to sound rude to you. I honestly want to know were does one draw the line between the two)

I draw the line and (in my personal opinion) I see this particular Iraq group as terrorists. Why? It is because I believe in Democracy, I believe that if given the option/choice one should vote not shoot.

To answer your question, the difference between the French fighters in WWII and this Iraq terrorist group is that the French had no opportunity to Vote against Hitler.

In Iraq there is a choice, yet these fighters "choose" to shoot civilians. That is why I consider these fighters terrorists.

Thoughts?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
  Share Topic