Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Silver Sticks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Gold Member
Gold Member
MMM-HMMM!! I LIKE TH’ WAY YOU TALK!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The American Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Silver Sticks
    Posted: 08 January 2005 at 10:16pm

I doubt any of you know about Silver Sticks, its basically the biggest minor hockey tournament in North American (minor as in ages 11-18 Canadian and American teams)

Anyways, in Port Huron, MI, were I live, is were the finals are.  Some of these kids playing will someday be in the NHL, thats the level of talent here.  Basically if you win this tournament, your team is probably the best team in North American for  your division.  On another note, Al MacInnis of the St. Louis Blues, probably most famous for his slap shot, is coaching the PeeWee AAA team, The St. Louis Blues.  I thought that was pretty cool, I don't think there have ever been NHL players coaching the teams, but last year, Chris Chelios was here watching his son play.

Just thought I would take a chance and see if anyone was familiar with this tournament.

BuffaloSolda1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
1 strike, inapropriate image 6/23

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloSolda1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2005 at 10:18pm
Sounds cool, I live in Mississippi, not many people like hockey down here.
TK by PB4MS.COM
cdacda13 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Yes, spelled secual.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdacda13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2005 at 10:23pm
the reason Al MacInnis  is coaching is because the NHL is in a lockout.
The American View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
MMM-HMMM!! I LIKE TH’ WAY YOU TALK!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The American Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2005 at 10:27pm

Originally posted by cdacda13 cdacda13 wrote:

the reason Al MacInnis  is coaching is because the NHL is in a lockout.

Well believe it or not, there are quite a few NHL players that try to coach and play at the same time, its just that there have never been any players there coaching a team, so I just thought that was pretty cool.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic