Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Upgrades and Customizing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Palmer Stabilizer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jgacs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Palmer Stabilizer
    Posted: 09 January 2005 at 1:18am

Hi

I know this has been asked a lot but I just need some clarification.I have 98c running on Nitro with a 32*Drop Forward,would Palmer Stabilizer makes a huge difference?If so whats the best set up?Direct?Male?

THX

Robert_Hawker View Drop Down
Strike 1, S-bomb 10-7

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert_Hawker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2005 at 2:12am
Depends what your shooting bt im prity shure all the tippys use the male. What the palmers dose it to regulate the in comming Co2 at a constant preshure and prevent any liquid Co2 from damaging your internals. now what dose that mean well your shots will all go the same distance so your marker will be more accurate ar range. but if your running nitro you should look at another regulator the palmers isent the best with nitro its realy disigned for Co2.
Tipp A-5
Opsgear Saw Shroud
Opsgear G36 Folding Stock
16" j&j
BobbyG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobbyG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2005 at 4:03am
Direct male is your best setup. The Palmers is a very good reg if not the best for both C02 or HPA/LPA. It will make your gun much more consistant and that will also help with its accuracy.

Edited by BobbyG
My A-5 :

cdacda13 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Yes, spelled secual.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdacda13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2005 at 10:34am
get the plamers for the reasons said above. u can find they at www.countypaintball.com
mod98commando View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2005 at 1:56pm

Originally posted by Robert_Hawker Robert_Hawker wrote:

...but if your running nitro you should look at another regulator the palmers isent the best with nitro its realy disigned for Co2.

You were doing good until you said that . The palmer is one of the best regs for CO2 and it's also excellent with nitro. The ability to use either gas with this reg and have good results is one of the best features of the reg. I just shot my gun today over the chrono to compare my consistency to that of a friend's gun and my velocity was extremely good. I shot the exact same velocity 3 times in a row and the rest fell within about 3 fps. I normally use nitro on my gun but I've used CO2 with this reg before and it isn't as consistent as nitro but it's the best I've seen with CO2. I also tested its abilities at a higher ROF and it performed extremely well. It normally doesn't take much to freeze a gun when shooting fast with CO2 but with the palmer on it took me a few hundred shots to get it to even cool down a little. The reg was ice cold but the gun was perfectly fine.

You can get this reg in whatever form you want depending on how you'd like to attach it to the gun but most go for the male version. You'll need a vertical adapter to put it on the 98c though so make sure you get one. Figure out where you want the reg to be on your gun and then check out www.palmer-pursuit.com to see which version of the stabilizer will allow you to do it. If you have questions just send them an e-mail and they'll help you out.

oreomann33: Everybody invades Poland

Rofl_Mao: And everyone eats turkey

Me: But only if they're hungary

Mack: Yeah but hungary people go russian through their food and end up with greece on everyth
jgacs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jgacs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2005 at 4:55am
Thx every1!!
syrusthevirus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote syrusthevirus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2005 at 5:45pm
Did you guys get the 98 custom stablizing kit? or just the male and what do you need for the male setup? for a 98
One shot,one kill,you've just been infected
ReGuLaToR99 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReGuLaToR99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2005 at 6:36pm
They do now have a 98 Custom Stabalizer kit's avaiable on County Paintball. www.countypaintball.com

Erik View Drop Down

Guested - Pure idiocy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Erik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2005 at 1:34am
Get the cheapest Stabilizer you can find. An Inline Stabilizer ($60!) works just as well as any other Stabilizer (which can exceed $100), and can be installed in front of the ASA. I think everyone should get the Inline one (which is just a one-time price of $60) instead of buying the GTA 98Custom Vertical Adapter ($30!) and the Male Stabilizer ([$30] + omg $100 = $130!).
My sig is stupid.
County View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Most Favored Nation Status

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote County Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2005 at 9:23am
Mentioned above, but I want to expand.

Palmer has made specific stabilizer kits for Spyder, Model 98 and A5.

The M98 kit uses a female stabilizer with the mounting rings. This way, you don't have to buy/install the vertical adapter. You just replace your ASA with the Female stabilizer. Your tank screws directly into the reg.

The A5 and Spyder versions use male stabilizers with new hose and fittings (since they already have vertical adapters).
jon88350 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon88350 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2005 at 11:05am
definitly get the palmer! you can't go wrong. I recently switched
to hpa from co2 and bought the male palmer stabilizer. when I
went to play with it for the first time, I was a bit skeptical, but i
couldn't have been more impressed. my 98c with r/t was
running just under 600 psi for 255fps and was almost no
variation with the velocity. but thats not the best part. all the
balls were traveling the same distance, even when I was layin
on the r/t there was no drop-off and the guage on the reg
seemed to never move off the set pressure. i know it can
be expensive but i guarantee you will not be disapointed.
in fact someone had asked if i had problems with my regulator
then noticed it was a palmer, and said oh you got a palmer, i
know you don't have reg. problems.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic