Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

"Power Tube" components have broken

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
LordJovian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LordJovian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "Power Tube" components have broken
    Posted: 08 February 2005 at 8:37am
Aftermarket powertubes aren't even worth the box they're shipped in. Oil should be all it needs, unless there's something else wrong. I'd say remove the CVX valve from the powertube (don't pull by the valve pin!) by pushing it from the back with an allen wrench. Then, take those things out and put them back in. Make sure that o-ring isn't damaged at all- no scratches or anything. Oil the beejesus out of it, and reassemble.
A-5
E-grip
Chipley Custom Carbon Graphite 16"
Evil Adapter(Spyder)
32 Deg New '03 XChamber
Remote Line
Gun Sling
Sniper f/x Stock
LPK
68/4500 HPA
R-5
CP Reg
JCS Duel Trigger
ace17 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ace17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2005 at 12:01am
go with the blackpoint red hot power tube...its great
A-5
r/t
dead on rva
expantion chamber
smartparts teardrop
Ihaveanitch View Drop Down
Guested, language. 5/17

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ihaveanitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2005 at 12:18pm

put some oil in it, i believe when it sounds like its leaking from the barrel its leaking from the valve. If it continues to leak make sur u have the valve alined right in the power tube and make sur that you have the valve components in right.

87Camaroz28 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87Camaroz28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2005 at 2:50am
Cant really tell where it's leaking from. just sounds like it is coming
out the end of the barrel area. Probably need to oil it all up or something.
Guested, language. 5/17

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ihaveanitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2005 at 5:49pm
yes the pin should be sticking out the other side there. It seems u put everything in the right place, its possible u didn't aline the valve straight enough bak into the power tube, u'll probalby have to mess with it for a little bit, where is it leaking from?

Edited by Ihaveanitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87Camaroz28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2005 at 5:16pm
I managed to put the spring, washer, and O-ring back into place.
did you say that the pin shouldnt be sticking out the other side?
where the Rear bolt goes against? I guess it would be called the
"valve Plunger". It went back together fine but now there's Co2
leaking somewhere. I could just be a near empty tank. but not quite
sure. cause my tank could be half full.
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2005 at 7:29am

This usually happens when  you dryfire with the tombstone out, which is why doing so is a bad idea...

:)

five1nine8eight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote five1nine8eight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2005 at 2:17am
This might also help you a little showthread.php?t=10458">Valve assembly Sure helped me out when
my valve fell apart
-A-5
-Flatline
-E-Grip
-R-5 hopper
-Remote line
-BSA Red Dot Sight
-CAR Stock

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87Camaroz28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2005 at 12:05am
Thanks man, I'll give it a try.
Guested, language. 5/17

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ihaveanitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2005 at 6:24pm

ah sry i amost forgot, before you put the washer n o ring in, make sur after you put the pin in, you put the spring on top of it, then put the washer, followed by fitting the o ring. http://www.tippmann.com/support/a5parts.asp

You can see wut im talking about in here, u should have this in ur owners manual, u might want to save the pic so u can zoom it. Also i forgot to say that u have to take the valve out of the powertube so u can install the components again*tats only way i am able to do it anyways*,best way to do it is just get some pliers (don't hate my spelling) and pull the valve out by the pin, can put some small cloth or something around the pin so u don't scratch to much, dunno if it'll make a dif or not. Then after u installed everything just push the valve bak into the power tube n make sur everything is lined up correctly *make sur while ur pushing the valve in ur not also pushing the pin in, cause it'll pop out again.* 

Edited by Ihaveanitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87Camaroz28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2005 at 6:15pm
Awsome, you wouldnt happen to have a picture of this part would you? what it looks like when its fixed? maybe a few diagrams?
that would be great! :) Thanks for the reply!!!
Guested, language. 5/17

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ihaveanitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2005 at 4:40pm

You didn't break it, just look at the schematics of ur gun in ur gun manual and look at the part where it shows the valve,.

First drop the lil valve pin in the power tube n make sur the pin goes through the hole at the bottom of the valve, then slide the washer on top of the pin n make sur its flat, then the tricky part is fitting the o ring bak on, i can't explain the perfect way of doing this but wut u have to do is fit the o ring above the washer *not around the washer*, n mess with it a lil bit *have patience* n it should pop bak in place, just make sur when ur putting ur gun bak together that you don't push too hard on the pin on outside of the power tube *where the pin sticks out of the power tube* cause that'll make the pin/washer/ o ring pop out again and u'll have to do this all over again, don't want that.

If u put everything bak to gether right u should be able to slightly*NOt hard* push on the pin poking outside of the power tube with out it popping, if its really loose u didn't do it right. Or u could screw in ur air again n try it out. Looking at the schematics should help bit more then this post but hope this helps anyways.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87Camaroz28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 January 2005 at 4:10pm

took my gun out to the field the other week. I screwed in my tank and wham all the C02 drained right through the gun. I took it apart
and the Valve O-Ring and Valve Washer fell out of the power tube
not sure thats supposed to happen. should I replace the hole thing?
or is there a way to fix it? thanks

Chris

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic