Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Taking apart my flatline

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote five1nine8eight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Taking apart my flatline
    Posted: 21 January 2005 at 11:29pm
Ok, I unscrewed the two allen head screws, and the one grub screw all the
way, how do I get this thing apart? I tried pulling it apart after I took out
the screws, but it wont come apart! Any suggestions? Its an A-5 flatline

Edited by five1nine8eight
-A-5
-Flatline
-E-Grip
-R-5 hopper
-Remote line
-BSA Red Dot Sight
-CAR Stock
Robert_Hawker View Drop Down
Strike 1, S-bomb 10-7

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert_Hawker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2005 at 1:58am

Why in the world would you ever need to take it appart??/

None the less there are a prity close tolerance part so it may take a little coaxing to get it off. but i would just leave it allone

Tipp A-5
Opsgear Saw Shroud
Opsgear G36 Folding Stock
16" j&j
five1nine8eight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote five1nine8eight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2005 at 2:11am
I was reading somewhere that putting some insulation can quiet the gun
down, and my a-5 is really loud. I also see some pink paint around the
rim of the end of my barrell (where the barrell meets the shroud) and its
getting annoying, I want to clean it.
-A-5
-Flatline
-E-Grip
-R-5 hopper
-Remote line
-BSA Red Dot Sight
-CAR Stock
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 January 2005 at 8:03pm

LMAO....OMG....insulation in the A5 Flatline shroud doesnt do anything!

And there is no way to lower the noise of a ball being fired so you might as well get use to it or look fer another barrel wit alot of porting...possibily a 32* Whisper but, I dont how good it is wit a Tippmann.

Edited by evil_fingers
Do not steal....the government hates competition!
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Stare directly into my avatar...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2005 at 1:39am
Originally posted by five1nine8eight five1nine8eight wrote:

I also see some pink paint around the
rim of the end of my barrell (where the barrell meets the shroud) and its
getting annoying, I want to clean it.

Why not just use a squgee?

Edited by Darur
Real Men play Tuba

[IMG]http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/1859/newsmall6xz.jpg">

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!

DONT CLICK ME!!1
mebtwisted View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mebtwisted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 January 2005 at 10:50am
To take the shroud apart read this:
http://www.a5og.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3370

and stuffing your shroud with insulation (some people spray foam in there, I personally use paper towels) does reduce the noise a fair amount.  While evil_fingers is right that a ported barrel is far more silent, insulation will help to absorb the sound that firing makes.  You know, for example, that metal ping you get when firing the flatline?  It goes away with insulation. 
A5 w/
Flatline Barrel
E-Grip
Deadon Drop Forward
Male Palmer Stabilizer
68/4500 Nitro Tank
JCS RVA
FVA Mod
Pen Spring Trigger Mod
Q-Tip Trigger Mod
Lex1785 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lex1785 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2005 at 4:56pm
Also Porting the flatline shroud reduces the noise greatly and gives it a nice Mil-Sim look
KnightStalkers Scenerio Team
KnightStalkers
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2005 at 5:13pm
My God, you people dont seem to understand that porting the A5 Flatline shroud will not soften the noise of the marker being fired, the loud bang is actually coming from the end of the barrel (muzzle), not along the length of the shroud and porting the barrel woud ruin the backspin effect which will reduce the range of the ball and would lead to endless barrel breaks.
Lex1785 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lex1785 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2005 at 5:23pm
Hate to differ with you finger, but porting the SHROUD itself DOES in fact quiet the flatline. You dont have the hard Ping sound and it also reduces the amount of area the noise trapped inside the shroud has to bounce around and echo. I know. My flatline is ported I did it myself and Many others have done the same and we have extensively tested the flatline using sound wave measuring equipment and its been found porting the flatline shroud reduces the amount of echo and noise.
KnightStalkers
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2005 at 8:01pm

Originally posted by Lex1785 Lex1785 wrote:

Hate to differ with you finger, but porting the SHROUD itself DOES in fact quiet the flatline. You dont have the hard Ping sound and it also reduces the amount of area the noise trapped inside the shroud has to bounce around and echo. I know. My flatline is ported I did it myself and Many others have done the same and we have extensively tested the flatline using sound wave measuring equipment and its been found porting the flatline shroud reduces the amount of echo and noise.

If its too much to ask....can you post up a video of it, Im sure people would like to see it (including myself)?

Lex1785 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lex1785 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2005 at 9:29pm
I'll post pictures but I'm afraid I dont have any video capablities. If it helps shade the doubt I'm sensing in your post you can check on the A5OG forums and find multiple posts from people not only doing the same thing but also creating new versions of the ported flatline shroud and documented cases of it not only reducing sound but also the ping. 
KnightStalkers
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic