Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A HUGE IMPROVEMENT!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kizzerd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A HUGE IMPROVEMENT!
    Posted: 28 January 2005 at 3:07am
This should be the new tactic of "WE" the Paintball Player! Has anyone read articles in mags concerning paintball violence. If we don't form an alliance to help stop paintball violence, the marker is going to be treated just like a handgun! I never thought this would happen, but it has, back in 98 this was unheard of, anyone agree?
Special Ops Brigade Sergeant
Model 98 w/ Full Mossy Oak Break Up Camo
Soon: break down stock/ flatline/something never done before!
StoneHurler View Drop Down
1 language strike, 10/30

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StoneHurler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2005 at 7:27am

I completely agree, in fact I almost think you should sign a contract before you can get a paintball gun, but that I know would be troublesome for most players out there.  I still feel that we need to stop these guys... there making a bad rep for the paintball world.

Kill em all, let god sort em' out.

I'll see you before you see me.

<I had a moronic quote in my sig>
-PREDATOR- View Drop Down
Guested. Foul language.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -PREDATOR- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2005 at 2:02pm
Don't double post.
WHOEVER *reb* IS WHY WOULD YOU THINK I HAVE AN OVERSIZED SIG!?!?!! YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!!THIS FORUM HAS THE WORST MODS EVER!!!!!!!!!
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2005 at 2:17pm
terd
Bounty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bounty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2005 at 8:13pm
You will get the same responses here as in the first one, dont double post.
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 January 2005 at 10:22pm

Double post = double trouble...

Anyways, I think that when you buy a paintball gun, you should gain a sense of respect for it and use common sense.

Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
AdmiralSenn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdmiralSenn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2005 at 2:21am
Originally posted by kizzerd kizzerd wrote:

This should be the new tactic of "WE" the Paintball Player! Has anyone read articles in mags concerning paintball violence. If we don't form an alliance to help stop paintball violence, the marker is going to be treated just like a handgun! I never thought this would happen, but it has, back in 98 this was unheard of, anyone agree?

More like we'll do nothing except make sure the media that reports violence also notes that the idiots who abuse the privilege are the extreme minority.

Most of the people who do these kinds of attacks are idiots who went to Wally World, saw that $100 would buy them tons of neat crap, then proceeded to get drunk and shoot their neighbors. Wal-Mart should not sell these things.. I know they bring younger kids into the sport, blah blah.. but they're the most readily available source for cheap drive-by vandalism out there.

So rather than form a coalition or alliance against people who'd never even hear of it, we need to focus on making paintball more positive in the public eye and on restricting easy sales of cheap guns to people.

And no, I have no idea how to go about the second part without annoying large numbers of people. That's why this is the ideas forum.
Is God real? You'll find out when you die.

Okay, I don't have a clever signature zinger. So sue me.
santy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote santy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2005 at 9:28am
Originally posted by StoneHurler StoneHurler wrote:

I completely agree, in fact I almost think you should sign a contract before you can get a paintball gun, but that I know would be troublesome for most players out there.  I still feel that we need to stop these guys... there making a bad rep for the paintball world.

Kill em all, let god sort em' out.

Isn't this the kinda thing we're trying to stop? Paintball associated with extreme violence

Can't stand the heat, stay out of the street.

Revenge is a dish best served with a side of whoop-ass.
Bounty View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bounty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2005 at 11:55am
Oh santy showed you.
Paint_man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paint_man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2005 at 1:08pm

that he did

Tippmann for life

~98c
~16in Dye Boomstick
~Pen Spring Mod
~Remote Coil
~6 in 1 belt
~14oz and 20oz Tanks
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2005 at 3:42pm
Its not jus kids going around committing acts of vanadalisms wit a marker, even adults have gone around commiting robberies by using a marker and especially the idiot that decided to use a marker on a "off duty police officer", its a never ending problem that has no solution.
Do not steal....the government hates competition!
lester98c View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
i wish my title was "different"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lester98c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2005 at 8:34pm
the town i live has alot of kids the p/b markers and we have never doneanything violent with them.but still some drunk guys got a few froze some balls and went down the street shooting windows and cars.now my town has an ordinence against them.but we still have ares and dont walk around showing them off.this shows how a few idiots can ruin it for everyone
TruePaintballer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Spam 11-19

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TruePaintballer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2005 at 11:22pm

Originally posted by -PREDATOR- -PREDATOR- wrote:

Don't double post.

I have seen this like 5 times...send the message out there, if it dont stay drop it or put it in your sig. But anyways I agree we need to just keep the game safe and hope dinks dont ruin by doing drive bys and what not,

Outlaws
*Sponsors*
Abrika
98c Dude13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98c Dude13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2005 at 12:19pm
 I quit car hunting with paintball guns ages ago.
TIPPMANN 98 CUSTOM
14" Progressive barrel   
32* Black gel grips
BT-16 Double trigger
Pen Spring Mod
X-core Expansion Chamber
Vertical Adapter
ncbbh88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncbbh88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2005 at 1:48pm
man finally someone brings it up   it has to be stoped my town has alot of players and noone ever has vandalized ne thing but same story here some idiot is shooting signs and stuff so the cops will only let us play in private property or town property (which are full of quaders and dirtbikers)   they dont realize its a sport and that were athlets   mabe its time local fields are roped off to let us play our sport and not be bothered?

http://somersgoalie53.MyPicGallery.com
Flurry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flurry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 January 2005 at 5:05pm

The idiots who go and shoot cars, ect. are people who have little or no respect for thier community or the sport.  But the fact that the media titles us "the players" as a bunch of vandals isn't helping out image at all. 

When ever there is someone hurt or something damaged by a Marker, the whole sport and the players take the heat.  Where as if someone gets beaten down with a base ball bat, you won't see baseball getting banned from town.  We are rinning with a new sport here, thats why people don't really see it as a sport.

Like real guns, if someone wants to do something stuped, they're going to do it wether they sign a piece of paper or not. 

About the best thing that can be done is to tell people about the sport, and try to get alittle more positive media.  we're better off if we can keep our sport away from all the paper work and the legal matters.  well, those are my thoughts.

Knight of Fire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Knight of Fire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 January 2005 at 6:52pm
There are are couple of good articles on this subject in the march 2005 issue of APG magizine. They show the seriousness of this issue.
Team Wardog -team captain
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2005 at 2:40am

Originally posted by Knight of Fire Knight of Fire wrote:

There are are couple of good articles on this subject in the march 2005 issue of APG magizine. They show the seriousness of this issue.

Copied and pasted from APG Ezine

FOUR teenagers in Port St. Lucie, Florida, were arrested on many
charges stemming from an evening of breaking into cars. The teens
allegedly drove through the streets of Port St. Lucie and shot out the
windows of parked cars, using "either a bb gun or paintball" marker,
according to a January 22 Sun-Sentinel article by Sarah Myrick.
Reportedly, three of the teens either are under investigation or on
probation for burglary.

IN Chattanooga, Tennessee, police reported that a man was attacked by
five males in a van who pulled up next to him and started shooting
paintballs at him. Two shot and three cheered as he was hit in the
back and shoulder and suffered minor abrasions. Anyone with
information of this crime should contact local authorities.

ARRESTED for allegedly robbing a liquor store while wielding a
paintball marker, one Michael Mitrano of Somerville, MA, was caught
after  he crashed his getaway car into a telephone pole.

MT. Vigilante View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Captain America

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MT. Vigilante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2005 at 5:00pm
I agree, I think that we should form some kind of Alliance of respondible players, like a paintball version of the N.R.A., who whould make sure people know that the markers are safe as long as they are used apropraitly and that its not the markers that comit these crimes but the idiots who pull the trigger, and also this group could do everything possible to make sure that Paintball Markers are not outlawed, Just like the N.R.A. does for firearms.
Join the XP Re-Revolution!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2005 at 6:59pm

Originally posted by MT. Vigilante MT. Vigilante wrote:

I agree, I think that we should form some kind of Alliance of respondible players, like a paintball version of the N.R.A., who whould make sure people know that the markers are safe as long as they are used apropraitly and that its not the markers that comit these crimes but the idiots who pull the trigger, and also this group could do everything possible to make sure that Paintball Markers are not outlawed, Just like the N.R.A. does for firearms.

If the Paintballing Industry were to form an organization like the NRA, we would all have to register our markers as "real firearms" and thats something that the Paintballing Community dont want to happen and that would also give a good reason to the Moms and Dads out there for not letting their sons and daughters in purchasing/using a paintball marker and there would also be an age requirement and a fee to be qualified to get one....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic