Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Valve leak on M98

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Instant Guesting....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armed_future Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Valve leak on M98
    Posted: 05 February 2005 at 2:01pm
I got a m98 used from a friend and it had a minor leak which i didn't notice. ive deduced that it is inside the valve. i have tried everything, including cocking the gun before i put on my co2. the only fix i have for it is to put about half a bottle of oil into my asa, and that is only temporary. i know this is a newb question so please don't bite my head off for it!
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2005 at 2:45pm

Are you sure its the valve thats leaking and not something else....do hear you any hissing when you screw the tank in?...locate exactly where the leak is coming from before deciding to do some work on it.

Do not steal....the government hates competition!
armed_future View Drop Down
Instant Guesting....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armed_future Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2005 at 3:44pm
the hissing is coming out of the front, the feedneck, where the hose goes into the gun, the back bolt, all the internals.
triggerhappy1 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triggerhappy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2005 at 9:50pm

it sounds like the SS line isnt sealed well which is why gas comes out everywhere. just take apart your gun, unscrew the SS line, and use loctite or teflon tape to reseal it. if that doesnt fix it, you can take apart your valve and look for damaged o-rings, or anything not right. heres directions- http://model98.net/tts1.html

armed_future View Drop Down
Instant Guesting....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armed_future Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2005 at 2:22am
Thanks triggerhappy!
paintball_playa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paintball_playa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2005 at 2:38pm
from my expirience id say a damaged o ring
2004 ICD BKO
Dye Sticky 3s
CP Regulator
Vapor Valve
Custom Cut Bolt
Removed Trigger Spring
CP Gauge
2k4 Chaos Board
Bolt3 View Drop Down
What?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bolt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2005 at 4:06pm
Teflon Tape should do it.
<Removed sig for violation of Clause 4 of the New Sig Rules>
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic