Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My tippmann isnt working....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5p8ntballer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My tippmann isnt working....
    Posted: 07 February 2005 at 7:48pm

I have an A-5 and when i screw in the compreesed air and cock it and shoot it make a load machine gun noice  and im not out of air?

my O-ring is good

wat do i do??

Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2005 at 10:10am
Are you certain that the tank is full?

If so, you may have an air blockage somewhere in the gun starving the valve. Have you tried shooting paint? Does it fly a normal distance, or just kind of flop out the end of the barrel?
triggerhappy1 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triggerhappy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2005 at 2:59pm
yeah, just look at the guage. if its a little under 1000psi (800psi to be specific) then you dont have enough operating pressure and your out. is this your first time using your HPA tank? has it worked good before? do you happen to have an expansion chamber?
A-5p8ntballer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5p8ntballer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2005 at 6:09pm
no ep and my hp tank has worked great befor  my air is full   somebody told me its something about the sear
triggerhappy1 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triggerhappy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2005 at 7:56pm
yeah, your sear could be sticking, or not catching due to wear on it, or on the rear bolt. so look for signs of heavy wear on it, and keep plenty of oil on it, as well as the rear bolt. also, drop some oil in the ASA to encourage proper valve motion.
Tippmann Lover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippmann Lover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 February 2005 at 10:12pm
Your velocity could be too high, too low, or the sear is sticking. Also check to make sure the tank is screwed in fully.Somtimes the pin on the valve can be too long.
KMH
A-5p8ntballer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5p8ntballer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2005 at 5:31pm

how can i prvent the sear from sticking

steve16r View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve16r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2005 at 5:36pm
i have the same problem with my A5 dont bother replacing the rear bolt. I've gone thru 2 rear bolts and each only lasted 500-1000 paint balls. i think it might be the trigger assembely but dont know for sure.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic