Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

velocity problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scatyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: velocity problem
    Posted: 15 February 2005 at 5:47pm
I have a 98c that has been very good to me over the years.  however, it has never performed up to par with even say a brand new spyder victor/2.  What I mean is, it has never shot as hard, fast, or far as most any other gun out there.  I've even put in a new drive spring twice and a new valve.  I'm running co2 and I seem to be able to get a stable 200-210fps but no more than that.  What can i do to get this thing to shoot up to speed with these guys?  I know a victor isn't any better really than a 98c.
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2005 at 5:52pm
oil your valve.........

Oil your bolt. Add a shim to your spring pin.
E-98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E-98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2005 at 7:36pm
What's the temperature out there?
scatyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scatyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 February 2005 at 7:53pm
60-70 degrees
bluemunky42 View Drop Down
Guested. Middle Finger post.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluemunky42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2005 at 5:28pm
it should be fine in that weather. oil it i guess, and y did u wait so long to ask?
Liquid3 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Bigots & Bibles ROCK MY WORLD!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liquid3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2005 at 5:45pm
If you have been cleaning and oiling your gun regularly, I would take a serious look at your rear bolt o-ring (replace it it's due), gas line, asa, and CVX valve. Is there sealant or somthing blocking a fitting or line? Make sure your valve screws on the side are tight also. My next guess would be the valve. Try a swap out with somebody else who has a 98C and see if that corrects the prob. Just do a process of elimination and you will find the problem. If it is your valve you can try a rebuild kit($5-10), or a new valve($30). If you want you can also send it to Tipp. They will fix it for a nominal fee or may even cover it.
scatyb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scatyb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2005 at 9:38pm
I waited cause I just thought it was my imagination.  But after playing this last weekend I knew it wasn't.  I've got a new valve on there, but I'll check the rest of it and see if I can't fix it.
fishsticks View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Better than a sharp stick in the eye

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fishsticks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2005 at 1:21am
get a spring kit!!!

A gun is not a weapon... It's a tool. Like a butcher knife, or a harpoon, or...uh, a...an alligator.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic