Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A-5 Flatline and Regular Barrel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A-5 Flatline and Regular Barrel
    Posted: 26 February 2005 at 9:59am
You dont just screw a flatline into your gun. You would know that if you owned one.

Also in the time it takes to rotate your barrels you could have easily just squeegied the first barrel.

Edited by You Wont See Me
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger
DOP X-CORE 8 stage x-chamber
Lapco Bigshot 14" Beadblasted

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2005 at 8:00pm

Originally posted by Sarge14 Sarge14 wrote:

not to ruin ur ray of sunshine but why dont u just take the time to take off ur hopper abd squeegee ur flatline. In theory ur idea works great but it wouldnt work correctly cause of how the flatline it mounted.

Even this guy knows it wouldnt work.

Do not steal....the government hates competition!
Sarge14 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sarge14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2005 at 7:14pm
not to ruin ur ray of sunshine but why dont u just take the time to take off ur hopper abd squeegee ur flatline. In theory ur idea works great but it wouldnt work correctly cause of how the flatline it mounted.
Nothing is Stronger than the Heart of a Volunteer

Proud to be a Soldier in the United States Army!
Commo Leads the Way!!
Curlyman666 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyman666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2005 at 4:39pm
u guys are all so negative gosh lol.it would work better with          two regular barrels but it would be cool.try to make one for three barrels.the front heavy problem wouldnt be too bad if you had like a big tank and a stock if you have a CF tank and a big drop its gonna be as balanced as...idk lol
signature
bluemunky42 View Drop Down
Guested. Middle Finger post.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluemunky42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2005 at 7:50am
Originally posted by MT. Vigilante MT. Vigilante wrote:

<P =Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3>I think that this is an Idea, how could it not be?. Also I think it is possible. However, I don’t see what kind of advantage it gives you, if you like the flatline and want it on your gun why would you put another barrel on the bottom.

u idiot, if u read the post u would see that if u broke a ball then u could switch if ur under fire and dont have time to squeegee it out
Tipp-ity Tom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tipp-ity Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2005 at 11:18am

imagine it this way.  the flatline is on the bottom and the other barrel is screwed in on top.  you can unscrew the reg barrel and move it about an inch or so away from the gun in like a slide collar.  then you unclamp a stop and rotate the two barrels on another collar so that the flatline is now on top.  then you slide the flatline up to the gun and rotate it within its own collar so it locks into place. 

each barrel will sit in it's own collar locked into place until it's either moved closer and screwed into the gun or rotated to the lower position under the barrel being used. 

I am designing the collar mechanism now and having it made out of black UHMWPE (ultra high molecular weight polyethalene.  so far, my model works.  the only draw back is that it makes the gun front heavy. 

I've been in battle many times and either had a broken ball or i need distance or i need better accuracy.....so i think this would definitley be useful for woodsball players that find themselves in different positions during a game.

Tippmann A-5
Flatline Barrel & PT Shroud
12" Lapco Bigshot & Machine Gun Shroud
E-grip & JCS Double Trigger
JCS Voodoo Stock w/ RVA
Lapco Milsim Foregrip
32 Degrees Remote
Crossfire 68/4500
SuzukiRider987 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuzukiRider987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2005 at 6:43pm
Yea, I don't think it would work either. If it did it would be sweet though.
   MacDev Militia
   Alien - Because winning is more fun.
A5 dude15 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested Pottymouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A5 dude15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2005 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by MT. Vigilante MT. Vigilante wrote:

I think that this is an Idea, how could it not be?. Also I think it is possible. However, I don’t see what kind of advantage it gives you, if you like the flatline and want it on your gun why would you put another barrel on the bottom.

because there are barels more accurate than the flatline at short distances. the idea i think is good, but i dont see how you would carry it out.
A5 dude15 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested Pottymouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A5 dude15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2005 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by Mad Psience Mad Psience wrote:

flatlines are harder to attach than a regular barrel. this wouldn't work.
thats exactly why it wouldnt work, you dont just screw in and screw out he flatline.
MT. Vigilante View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Captain America

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MT. Vigilante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2005 at 5:05pm

I think that this is an Idea, how could it not be?. Also I think it is possible. However, I don’t see what kind of advantage it gives you, if you like the flatline and want it on your gun why would you put another barrel on the bottom.

Join the XP Re-Revolution!
Mad Psience View Drop Down
Strike 2 - Flaming

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mad Psience Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2005 at 3:44pm
flatlines are harder to attach than a regular barrel. this wouldn't work.

evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2005 at 10:39am
Not much of an idea and has been thought of before and it never worked.
Do not steal....the government hates competition!
Tipp-ity Tom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tipp-ity Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2005 at 10:21am

I am currently working on a system that will allow me to carry both a flatline and a regular barrel on the gun at the same time.  Picture this:

The flatline on top mounted to the a-5 and a lapco bighsot directly underneath.  If during the game you break a ball or just want the accuracy of the regular barrel. you rotate the two barrels on some kind of mount and quickly screw it into the gun.  now the standard barrel is on top and the flatline is directly beneath.  picture how a grenade launcher looks mounted to the a-5.

I'll keep you posted on what i come up with.  Does anyone think this is a decent idea?  It could work for two standard barrels too.  I just have a flatline and a bigshot. 

Tippmann A-5
Flatline Barrel & PT Shroud
12" Lapco Bigshot & Machine Gun Shroud
E-grip & JCS Double Trigger
JCS Voodoo Stock w/ RVA
Lapco Milsim Foregrip
32 Degrees Remote
Crossfire 68/4500
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic