Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Upgrades and Customizing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Polishing your internals

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98c Dude13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Polishing your internals
    Posted: 28 February 2005 at 5:35pm
 Ok I am very intersted in polishing my 98cs internals. Now at model98.net they said that you have to use a dremal to do it, and I don't have a dremal. Can I use sandpaper or steel wool? And how wood I use the polish with the sandpaper if I can? I also heard that it makes your gun a little bit more quiet. Thanks.
TIPPMANN 98 CUSTOM
14" Progressive barrel   
32* Black gel grips
BT-16 Double trigger
Pen Spring Mod
X-core Expansion Chamber
Vertical Adapter
A5 dude15 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested Pottymouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A5 dude15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2005 at 5:42pm
i want to know the same thing

Curlyman666 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyman666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2005 at 6:18pm
i used just steel wool w/o polish,u gotta clean it good to get all the wool bits out but it works fine with a little determination.you gotta completely clean the gun first tho no oil or anything.also try polishing your stock barrel,with a drill and a shotgun wire brush and rod,aluminum polish,i did it a little with no polish and its already lookin better
signature
98c Dude13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98c Dude13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2005 at 6:21pm
 I heard you really have to press down with the steel wool.
TIPPMANN 98 CUSTOM
14" Progressive barrel   
32* Black gel grips
BT-16 Double trigger
Pen Spring Mod
X-core Expansion Chamber
Vertical Adapter
A5 dude15 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested Pottymouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A5 dude15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2005 at 6:29pm
could you use sand paper?
Kevin Z View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2005 at 7:03pm

All you have to do is get the paint/powder coat off of the inside of the marker.

Be careful not to remove any aluminum.
United States Marine Corps....   When it absolutely, positively, has to be destroyed overnight!

Just say NO to junk mods
A5 dude15 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested Pottymouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A5 dude15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2005 at 7:06pm
ok, so basically anything to get the paint off.
pbdude985 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dude! Sweet! Dude! Sweet! Dude! Sweet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pbdude985 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2005 at 7:24pm

i polished my internals with steel wool and it worked fine.  It just takes alittle longer and you have to use a lil more muscle but it still works the same.

cdacda13 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Yes, spelled secual.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdacda13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2005 at 7:36pm
steel wool work best. It takes some time but its worth it
Tipp-ity Tom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tipp-ity Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2005 at 8:03pm

What does polishing the internals mean. Is it polishing the inside of the receiver halves and that's it.  what exactly am I polishing.  The power tube is obviously plastic.......

Tippmann A-5
Flatline Barrel & PT Shroud
12" Lapco Bigshot & Machine Gun Shroud
E-grip & JCS Double Trigger
JCS Voodoo Stock w/ RVA
Lapco Milsim Foregrip
32 Degrees Remote
Crossfire 68/4500
A5 dude15 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested Pottymouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A5 dude15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2005 at 11:00pm
well by the sound of it, you dont have to polish anything. do you actually have to polish something?
warpfactor5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote warpfactor5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2005 at 9:57am
Brasso. Use brasso with a soft polishing cloth. Sand paper will leave scratches, the dremel tool you need to be careful with (speeds). Go to wal-mart in the cleaner section brasso is like $3 or something.
Let It Rain!!!
98c, Flatline
GTA X-cham.Dead-on Pro Seal&Powertube
Rico AK, Res. trig.
Full Boar Shadow
Pol. Internals

A-5 E
JCS Duel Double Trig
Remote line, Colaps. Stock
Pol. internals
Ihaveanitch View Drop Down
Guested, language. 5/17

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ihaveanitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2005 at 11:11am

I used bit of aluminum polish/fine steel wool, worked fine. Dremal kinda risky if u don't kno wut ur doin wit it, might take too much off and damage it.

_Madman_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Madman_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2005 at 12:41pm

with the A-5 at least you can get the best results by using a paint stripper on the insides first, to get rid of the overspray.  After that use something like Brasso or Never-Dull to shine up the bare metal.

If you use sand paper or steel wool be VERY careful that you do not remove too much metal or else you will need new reciever halves. 

Also I believe that polishing your internals will void you warranty so be Very careful.

Tipp-ity Tom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tipp-ity Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2005 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by Tipp-ity Tom Tipp-ity Tom wrote:

What does polishing the internals mean. Is it polishing the inside of the receiver halves and that's it.  what exactly am I polishing.  The power tube is obviously plastic.......

Again, can someone tell me exactly what we are polishing?

Tippmann A-5
Flatline Barrel & PT Shroud
12" Lapco Bigshot & Machine Gun Shroud
E-grip & JCS Double Trigger
JCS Voodoo Stock w/ RVA
Lapco Milsim Foregrip
32 Degrees Remote
Crossfire 68/4500
pees-in-shower View Drop Down

Pick another name

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pees-in-shower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2005 at 2:30pm
damn...you guys are confusing me....oh well i am still a noob
98c Dude13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98c Dude13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2005 at 3:35pm
 So if I use steel wool I just rub some of the poilish on the piece of wool and rub alot until I see silver?
TIPPMANN 98 CUSTOM
14" Progressive barrel   
32* Black gel grips
BT-16 Double trigger
Pen Spring Mod
X-core Expansion Chamber
Vertical Adapter
triggerhappy1 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triggerhappy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2005 at 3:46pm

steel wool works, but takes long. if you use sandpaper (i dont reccomend) use very fine grit. or just use paintstripper which makes it very easy to remove the overspray/paint/P.C. just be carefull you dont get any on the outside. then finish it up with steel wool and polish.

jgacs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jgacs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2005 at 8:12am
dont use sandpaper..use steel wool grade 000.And dont over do it,just enough to take out excess paint.Make uniform or even strokes.Wash it very well before and after, make sure to remove all the oil and grits.I didnt use polish.
jgacs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jgacs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2005 at 8:15am
[QUOTE=Tipp-ity Tom]

go to model98.net .I will show u where exactly where to polish.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic