Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Upcoming Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

West Point (NY) scenario april 9 and 10

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote senseijim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: West Point (NY) scenario april 9 and 10
    Posted: 01 March 2005 at 1:49am
That's in up state New York.  It looks like it might be very good.  They had over 500 last year.  It is supposed to be a tight mil scenario.  This years plot may involve China.  I hear from my pal that she is bringing her tank.  So there will be tanks.  I've never been there, but as far back as 1993, I've been hearing about this event.  I am looking forward to this.
www.geocities.com/dog470soldier/page2.html?1101305476 570
www.geocities.com/southhillspb/index.html?11012655631 40
mod98commando View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 March 2005 at 8:05pm
I went last year and it wasn't amazing but it wasn't terrible either. It was cool how they had the huey's flying low over the fields in the morning for effect and they drove us to and from the field in hummers but they were lacking in other areas. There weren't nearly enough refs out there to handle that many people and there was a lot of cheating. They also lost control of the teams at one point. Their first mistake was only giving one team tape on the hopper. Normally each side has its own color of tape but they just set it up to be taped players vs non-taped players. BIG MISTAKE. People would get fed up with their current situation and switch teams whenever they felt like it which threw the balance off in a big way. They eventually caught on to this and tried to force some people to switch mid-game to balance it out. They ended up not playing at all after that because they didn't want to switch teams after they had done so much for the team they were on. I completely agreed with their choice there, I wouldn't have wanted to switch at that point either.

Night play was cool with the UV paint but what wasn't cool was that they didn't chrono people at night. That's a horrible safety issue that should not have been allowed to happen. They said that the chrono wouldn't work in the dark but that's no excuse. What they should have done was either find a way to chrono at night or chrono everybody down before it got too dark. For that reason many people refused to play at night. There were a lot of other things that should have been changed too. One thing that bothered me personally was that the fighting was really only happening in one spot for the better part of the day. They didn't really give us missions or anything other than to hold/attack the city so the fighting never really changed locations more than once or twice. I guess it's not really a bad thing but I like when the fighting moves all over the place just to get a little diversity.

That said, it was still a lot of fun. There were some really great firefights out there that I really enjoyed and the action was non-stop. The second day was rainy so nobody really wanted to play but that obviously can't be controlled. The first day was cool though, lots of cool stuff. I also hear that they've improved greatly since then in their fall game that just passed a few months ago so I'm looking forward to heading out there again. My suggestion though is that you don't stay in the bunks at the field though. They're cheap and they get the job done but I didn't like them too much. They're filthy and extremely cold. They did have lockers which was nice but you're practically sleeping outside. You're in a building but all the bugs and crap are still there and it's not heated so you might as well be outside. I highly suggest staying in a hotel/motel nearby if you can. It would probably even be better to stay in a tent with a car or something that you can lock your things in.
oreomann33: Everybody invades Poland

Rofl_Mao: And everyone eats turkey

Me: But only if they're hungary

Mack: Yeah but hungary people go russian through their food and end up with greece on everyth
Thompsonshooter View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
If I build it... you will drool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thompsonshooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2005 at 8:14pm
Fall was a lot better. I was a general and we won

I will probally General again.

check out WESTPOINT

Eric Engler
President
www.englerpaintballguns.com
mod98commando View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod98commando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 March 2005 at 9:01pm
Did you say you couldn't make it this spring or am I thinking of somebody else?
oreomann33: Everybody invades Poland

Rofl_Mao: And everyone eats turkey

Me: But only if they're hungary

Mack: Yeah but hungary people go russian through their food and end up with greece on everyth
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic