Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Real Woodsball

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
jedistud View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jedistud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Real Woodsball
    Posted: 30 March 2005 at 3:53am
I'm with TippmannEFX about using your surroundings to your advantage.  hiding behind brush can be fun because your opponent has a harder time finding you while with manmade stuff, your opponent will most likely be looking that direction for you.  don't get me wrong though, i like playing scenario ball too, but nothing beats the great outdoors with nothing but God-made things.
Wanna know where ice cream really comes from?
My Link
A5 dude15 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested Pottymouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A5 dude15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 March 2005 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by eaglesin05 eaglesin05 wrote:

Originally posted by Psycho5785 Psycho5785 wrote:

I think as long as you are playing, it doesn't matter what kind. Just get out there and play.

Tru dat
tru tru dat
Layman View Drop Down
"King of the Classics"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2005 at 7:32pm
I think that it could qualify. You have to think, what everyone calls speedball is either Sup'Air, or HyperBall. Speedball is generically used for those two formats. Just for the sake of fun debate, I think that that is speedball too. If it was the original style, then the other formats came in and "took over", I think it is still a speedball. Like how all Tippmanns and Spyders are still paintball guns. Just because it is in the woods doesn't mean that it is not a speedball. Notice the capitalization on the terms.
Name your poison...
MT. Vigilante View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Captain America

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MT. Vigilante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2005 at 5:15pm

Originally posted by Layman Layman wrote:

Actually... (History of Paintball Lesson 1.)

What was described above is not only "like" speedball, but is the root for the Sup'Air games most of us younger players know of. When paintball was invented, it was purely a wooded format. There were several flags and the game was "all for yourself". As the times went on, paintball developed into team games. That gave way to speedball. Speedball was a wooded game format using the natural surroundings, and man made bunkers. The first World Cups were played by teams in the woods. The open arena format was to make the game more spectator fiendly. In the woods a watcher would be lucky to see the players (who wore camoflauge mainly ). Now, we can see the entire game play out from any where near the field. That's what I've learned, in a nutshell.

You are correct as to the origins of speedball, however, you must agree that woodsball and speedball are two completely different games, and just cause you put bunkers in the woods it is not speedball.

Join the XP Re-Revolution!
eaglesin05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eaglesin05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2005 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by Psycho5785 Psycho5785 wrote:

I think as long as you are playing, it doesn't matter what kind. Just get out there and play.

Tru dat
Camo'd 98C
Remote
Polished internals
Dbl trigger
14" J&J Ceramic Barrel
Rocket Cock 2
Trigger Slop Mod
12V Revvy
03' Dye stikies
R/T
Drop Forward
Layman View Drop Down
"King of the Classics"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2005 at 6:02pm
Actually... (History of Paintball Lesson 1.)

What was described above is not only "like" speedball, but is the root for the Sup'Air games most of us younger players know of. When paintball was invented, it was purely a wooded format. There were several flags and the game was "all for yourself". As the times went on, paintball developed into team games. That gave way to speedball. Speedball was a wooded game format using the natural surroundings, and man made bunkers. The first World Cups were played by teams in the woods. The open arena format was to make the game more spectator fiendly. In the woods a watcher would be lucky to see the players (who wore camoflauge mainly ). Now, we can see the entire game play out from any where near the field. That's what I've learned, in a nutshell.
Name your poison...
Gold Member
Gold Member
Captain America

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MT. Vigilante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2005 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by direct damage direct damage wrote:

I play real woodsball all natural thats the way it should be just arrange some dead trees and make a bunker type thing.  I mean when you add the bunkers and stuff it is speedball which is suppose to be in a open field. so im with tippmannexx

I’m not trying to flame you or criticize your opinion, so please don’t take this that way, but when you build bunkers and put them in the woods it is far from speedball. Also, how is building bunkers out of non-natural materials and putting them in the woods any different than building the bunkers out of logs and brush? A bunker is a bunker no matter what you build it out of, they all do the same thing and just as well to, and they don’t change how the game is played either, only where you play the game, in an open field or in the woods, changes that and not what you make the bunkers out of.

direct damage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote direct damage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2005 at 4:09pm

I play real woodsball all natural thats the way it should be just arrange some dead trees and make a bunker type thing.  I mean when you add the bunkers and stuff it is speedball which is suppose to be in a open field. so im with tippmannexx

kuhndog599 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1, Language 5/4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kuhndog599 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2005 at 4:28pm
what about just digging holes
model 98 - homemade handguard
solid stock - opsgear mag
polished internals
homemade sling - paintjob
operator barrel
progressive barrel
opsgear mag - stock
triggerhappy1 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triggerhappy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2005 at 3:35pm
I used to love strait out woodsball with no bunkers and stuff. I still do, but not as much as a fast paced game in the woods. The "classic" style of woodsball usualy got boring. We would look for people for often a half hour plus, and have no much shooting and battle. But I still love to sneak around the woods and flank. But speedball is just too much for me, so I like to try to mix it up a little. I like having a moderate size wooded area with some bunkers, so we can get a faster paced game where your always moving, but bunkering rarly occurs and you cant always see the enemy. Thats what I live for.
Gold Member
Gold Member
Captain America

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MT. Vigilante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2005 at 10:16am

Well I have to be truthful, I am not to sure that Football is older than soccer but I do know that football was invented around the 1850’s and I don’t think that soccer was invented until the 1880’s or 90’s.

Layman View Drop Down
"King of the Classics"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2005 at 5:37pm
When I wrote that I was pushing 30 hrs without sleep. I'm glad you didn't take offense. O/T: I thought that there was european football now, there isn't? Also I didn't know that football was older than soccer, nor did I know that Canada played it... sorta.

Enphase: IMO= In My Opinion and BTW= By The Way
Name your poison...
Gold Member
Gold Member
Captain America

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MT. Vigilante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2005 at 10:27am

Originally posted by Layman Layman wrote:

Originally posted by MT. Vigilante MT. Vigilante wrote:

Why do you care about how other people like to play? And about calling it woods ball, its just a name, why do we call football football, most of the time they are throwing the ball, not kicking it, so using your logic we should change the name to hand ball so we can be more correct. My point is that no one cares what the game is called, its just a name, so stop getting so worked up about it and go play Paintball how ever you want to.

Umm... that looked like it took way too much effort there... I don't think that he was "getting so worked up about it" as much as he was stating his opinion. I took it to be more of a cry out for people to get back to the roots of the game, and to stop trying to "improve" it. Lots of people don't like the direction that paintball has started to go in. Don't get me wrong, lots do like this current direction - but remember that the guy who won the first game ever, didn't fire a single ball. Using your "football" logic was a weak try there. We are the only country to call that game by that name. So lets all go play some "gelatin capsule game" and enjoy it! (Please don't take this as an attack on you per se. I have been awake for coming on 30 straight hours, and meant it as more of a fun poking at you, in a playful way - not an attack.)

No offense taken, and to all those that said I was flaming the guy, I did not mean to sound like that. I was simply trying to make a point that people get all worked up and angry about small things that don’t matter. As for the football thing, I was not comparing paintball to football, I was only using football as an example of naming something that doesn’t make sense when you think about how its played, and how people don’t care what you call it. Last of all, about us being the only country to call football that, we are also the only country to play it ( Canada does not count because they copied us and just added a few yards to the field) and our football is way older than Soccer.

Tae Kwon Do View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Best Forumer of the Year 2006

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tae Kwon Do Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2005 at 9:22am
Well, The reason I have set up "artifical bunkers" in the wooded areas I play (Plywood, old skateboard ramps, camo blankets strung up between trees, wooden pallets, an old boat, an old septic tank, ect.) is becuase not all of the woods in my area of the world, central Florida, are good enough to play on straight up. Alot are thin-pine thickets, where the trees are only a few inches to a foot wide at the most. You have to add some things to make for a decent playing feild, if not its just blind-firing through a toothpick farm.

Enphase View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enphase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2005 at 4:34am
Originally posted by Curlyman666 Curlyman666 wrote:

he has a point though woodsball is
best without manmade bunkers. trees,rocks and dirt,thats
woodsball IMO.

what does IMO and BTW stand for?

Edited by Enphase
Here I come...
A5 dude15 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested Pottymouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A5 dude15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2005 at 1:08am
ummmmmm, i dont know what else people consider woodsball, thats the only definition ive ever heard of woodsball. if theres bunkers, than its speed/rec.
Flurry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flurry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2005 at 12:43am

some of out playing fields don't have the most extensive natural cover.  so we are forced to add some.  as long as it can be removed, and isn't an eyesore its all good. 

It sucks being antisocial alone.
TippmannEFX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippmannEFX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2005 at 9:02pm
Thanks to everyone. Sorry if it seemed like i was complaining, i was more telling people that its importatn we dont make amess of the woods so others can't us it and also to kepp the woodsball name clean please, PLAY PAINTBALL, HAVE FUN , CALL IT WHAT YOU WANT!! HAVE FUN!!!!
Tippmann A-5 F.L./R.T./E.G.
HPA, 32 Degrees Star Bolt,Polished Internals,
Layman View Drop Down
"King of the Classics"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2005 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by MT. Vigilante MT. Vigilante wrote:

Why do you care about how other people like to play? And about calling it woods ball, its just a name, why do we call football football, most of the time they are throwing the ball, not kicking it, so using your logic we should change the name to hand ball so we can be more correct. My point is that no one cares what the game is called, its just a name, so stop getting so worked up about it and go play Paintball how ever you want to.

Umm... that looked like it took way too much effort there... I don't think that he was "getting so worked up about it" as much as he was stating his opinion. I took it to be more of a cry out for people to get back to the roots of the game, and to stop trying to "improve" it. Lots of people don't like the direction that paintball has started to go in. Don't get me wrong, lots do like this current direction - but remember that the guy who won the first game ever, didn't fire a single ball. Using your "football" logic was a weak try there. We are the only country to call that game by that name. So lets all go play some "gelatin capsule game" and enjoy it! (Please don't take this as an attack on you per se. I have been awake for coming on 30 straight hours, and meant it as more of a fun poking at you, in a playful way - not an attack.)
Name your poison...
Curlyman666 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyman666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2005 at 10:37pm
he has a point though woodsball is best without manmade bunkers. trees,rocks and dirt,thats woodsball IMO.but let people play how they want, as long as they take their trash home with them.o,and wrong forum,idk where this goes
signature
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic