Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Our paintball tower is a success!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eaglesin05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2005 at 3:55pm
Im with Hittman on this one. As a boyscout we have made many bridges and towers out of nothing but rope and sticks. Last weekend we made a 12 foot tower. As long as you tye your lashing nice and tight and use nice rope it should last a few years. HAve fun with your project 
Camo'd 98C
Remote
Polished internals
Dbl trigger
14" J&J Ceramic Barrel
Rocket Cock 2
Trigger Slop Mod
12V Revvy
03' Dye stikies
R/T
Drop Forward
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2005 at 5:11pm

dont encourage him...i beg of you...please...stop...the...insanity...

o yea, and post some pictures

Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
Klaus View Drop Down

Strike 1 - Filterdodge - 7/21

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2005 at 7:01pm

hey, if you dont think its a good idea, why are you trying to stop him?? if it fails, he'll fall flat on his ass, and then he'd feel stupid and prove your point

but i still think it will hold fine

evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2005 at 2:38am

Originally posted by HITMAN 4 HIRE HITMAN 4 HIRE wrote:

wow you need anger management pal.  i patience is a virtue.  a virtue you have shown that you don't have young grasshopper.

Oh, I have tons of patience lil man, I was merely pushing you to what everyone else is asking you about....they want to see the proof...get the picture (pun intended).

Do not steal....the government hates competition!
bluemunky42 View Drop Down
Guested. Middle Finger post.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluemunky42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2005 at 10:18am
haha^
HITMAN 4 HIRE View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HITMAN 4 HIRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2005 at 11:24am

ha ha, lil man... that's pretty funny.  anyways, if brains were dynamite, you couldn't blow your nose. 

whiners and complainers will have your proof by the end of april. i know, i know... your little hearts are just aching to see if the tower works or not or if it is a true success.  we've been hold up on the crows nest since the abundant amounts of rain have been gushing in from only god knows where.  the towers first floor is complete and has walls... but the crows nest is still being put into concept and planned thoroughly.  yes, thats what you just read... there's going to be 2 levels.  your all probably constipated just waiting for the pics, but you'll have to wait like i am, and know evil fingers i doubt you have any patience that is atleast even remotely close to mine.

well, i hope you guys don't crap your pants waiting for the pics and start whining.  i've set a date, so wait... hey that rhymes. cool

ty for your time reading this even if it was a complete waist of your flippin' time.  heres a comp hug to all who will wait and not moan.

Because I can.
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2005 at 11:40am
Oh man, talk about a cocky attitude....grow up foo!
Do not steal....the government hates competition!
Strike 1 - Spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HITMAN 4 HIRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2005 at 2:39pm
it's not cocky at all.  it's just one guy on a forum thats sick of people whining about waiting to see pics.
Because I can.
Millslane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millslane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2005 at 4:57pm
i am proud to be a union carpenter, and with that said, tying that up it dangerious, very. unless that rope was rated to carry 4 times the maximum load, which i shure you don't know what that this being aonly a boyscout, that rope at any ponit can snap, sending it and all who may be in it, and those under it, the the ER, yes the platform too :) and when i say that a safe rope would be 4 times the maximun intended load, thats not all the rope lines together, thats 1 rope, because your only as strong as you weakers point. if the max intended load was, say...200 lbs for material and 200 lbs for 1 person and gear, that is 400lbs. do you feel so safe now?
www.pbteamwow.com
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2005 at 4:58pm
he's obviously stalling for time so that they can hide the nails they used

hint: use caulk
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
Millslane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millslane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2005 at 5:02pm
somethin happened and i got cut off...

i was saying that the example of 400 lbs being the max intended load, that the rope you used needs to be rated at 1600lbs. otherwise, i would seriously get off that rope. this information comes for the OSHA guidlines, people who pay millions in reasearch to find out the limit of material so that we, the people can know whats relly safe and what isn't, believe them. so, as i said before...do you feel so safe now?
www.pbteamwow.com
jessebabson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jessebabson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2005 at 5:06pm
well make sure you have a good waiver form ready to go when you let others on this death trap you outdoorsman you
Strike 1 - Spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HITMAN 4 HIRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2005 at 7:40pm

i don't care about the carpenter's union. i don't care about your complaints about having to wait... boo hoo.  the rope works and people have also proclaimed that theirs work also.  i'm not stalling, i feel that i have given a reasonable explanation of why i haven't been able to get any pics.  you might as well kill this thread and wait for the other post that will have the pics.  if you keep writing and complaining why there arne't any pics yet... well, your wasting your time. ty

Because I can.
Strike 1 - Spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HITMAN 4 HIRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2005 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by jessebabson jessebabson wrote:

well make sure you have a good waiver form ready to go when you let others on this death trap you outdoorsman you
it puts the lotion on its skin!
Because I can.
A5 dude15 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested Pottymouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A5 dude15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2005 at 7:50pm
anything held together by ropes doesnt sound very safe or pleasing. i can see someone standing on the second floor and get a surpising shot in the mask and fall over and through the second story....lmao in the middle of a game too.
Millslane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millslane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2005 at 8:17pm
hitman, i didn't way they the tower idea isn't a neat idea, i like the idea for whats its worth, i was only talking about the overall saftey, you snapped back at me for no reason, why don't you exercise some of your wonderful patience your always talking about. rope are intended for tryinf things down, not up. to widthstand the negative force, like tying down a bike, or a bow in the back of a truck. the rope doesn't need to support the object, only use weight of the object to keep it down. you apparently know nothing about this. but you have used the rope to take on the full weight of that object, something is was never intended to do. i'm not picking on you, the same goes for all you other dopes who claim this is a good idea. the only way rope can support weight, like rock climbing and sky scraper window washing is because of the highly strong and expensive synthetic rope which they use, not to mention the saftey harness they wear just incase the rope fails. and if this topic if so dead to you, then why are you still checkng it?
www.pbteamwow.com
Strike 1 - Spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HITMAN 4 HIRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2005 at 8:39pm

it's rope. you can tie things up or down, sideways or diagonally.

it works and it's not a dope idea.  you don't have to be a "carpenter" to know that rope is a simple tool and resource.  it's not open-heart surgery.  were not letting anybody else use except for the people who worked on it.  rope is not hard to use but i guess you guys never really try it so how would you know?

Because I can.
Millslane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millslane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2005 at 8:44pm
he just doesn't get it.

paintball gear: $300

lumber: $75

trees: $0

rope: $35

falling from tower made in trees held
up by rope while playing paintball: priceless

www.pbteamwow.com
eaglesin05 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eaglesin05 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2005 at 8:46pm
^I'm still with ya buddy 

Good luck and have fun
Camo'd 98C
Remote
Polished internals
Dbl trigger
14" J&J Ceramic Barrel
Rocket Cock 2
Trigger Slop Mod
12V Revvy
03' Dye stikies
R/T
Drop Forward
Millslane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millslane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2005 at 9:14pm
first of all, i like the tower idea...nobody said you have to be a carpenter to know about rope. good tool yes but with...key word here, listem up...limitations. shall i spell it out again? i think i will, limitations. see isn't that fun, and we're learning too! but if you haven't had and real saftey class or knowledge pumped into you head, then you don't know that the limits or any rope can be, you said you had 900 lbs test rope? test? isn't the term given to fishing line? i almost positive you made the number up, didn't you? and even so is 900lbs is the actual weight limit, the i wouldnt out anything over 225lbs, including the tower itsfelf up there.

adding more rope won't increase load capabilities. and the 300 lbs "test" backup you have doesn't do anything. they will only be the first to go, then the down force will tear through the 900lbs "test" rope. you'd be suprised how much force a falling object can generate, within a matter of one foot. don't try to guess, your own't be able to imagine the force in pounds it will be subject too.
www.pbteamwow.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
  Share Topic