Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Our paintball tower is a success!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
Author

Strike 1 - Filterdodge - 7/21

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2005 at 10:47pm

changed my mind, put some nails in

nails DO NOT hurt a tree, trees simply heal, as a syruper, I drill trees every year with a 1/2 inch bit, they heal fine

ive seen a tree grow right over a 2 inch thick pipe being used to hold up a clothsline

dont worry about hurting the trees, just put in some nails for safety-but, im not trying to force this on you, it would be hypocritical of me to say you're a total idiot for trying this, you're not, but still, nails are a good idea

usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 March 2005 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by Klaus Klaus wrote:

dont worry about hurting the trees, just put in some nails for safety-but, im not trying to force this on you, it would be hypocritical of me to say you're a total idiot for trying this, you're not, but still, nails are a good idea

least he's got the Bawlz to say it
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2005 at 2:37am
I guess safety for his own well being and for the others that will be in that coffin up in a tree when it happens to crash down towards Mother Earth if the "ropes" happened to fail.....freak accidents do happen.
Do not steal....the government hates competition!
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2005 at 8:53am
Originally posted by evil_fingers evil_fingers wrote:

I guess safety for his own well being and for the others that will be in that coffin up in a tree when it happens to crash down towards Mother Earth if the "ropes" happened to fail.....freak accidents do happen.

careful what you wish for
HITMAN 4 HIRE View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HITMAN 4 HIRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2005 at 9:08am

we wanted to use rope for the sheer beauty of not having to use any nails.  there aren't any real limitations to using rope except for the concept of weight going into it.  we made sure we had good strong rope.  nails do damage trees to some extent.  i didn't mean that they die in a few minutes.  that was one of our goals. we tested it and it held.  that's good enough for me and my pals that are going to be using it. your not going to use it, so it's really none of your concern, but i do enjoy your effort of trying to pump all your garbage about weight and how we didn't try to make it safe.  we did gather resources that were safe, and guess what kiddies... it flippin held and the crows nest will too.

with this crap friken said... i would also like to say that it is dangerous.  i never said it wasn't going to super safe.  we took a chance, and it worked.  we used multiple rounds of rope. YES, IF YOU ADD ROPE, THEN THE ROPE BECOMES STRONGER AND HOLDS MORE.  you guys may not know how to do lashings and use everyday rope to build stuff, but we do and have a lot experience.  to not take this as being cocky, but if a "carpenter" tells you that adding rope will not help. well, he obviously doesn't understand much about rope, and using all the weight differintials you want, but adding rope and reinforcing it (which we did) does and will help to take tension and the amount of stress being put on a particular piece of rope.  it's simple to understand.  wow! you may have learned something after all kiddies! 

i'll say it once again to see if it will soak into your halfbaked brains.

It works and it good enough for me and my friends.

Because I can.
Millslane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millslane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2005 at 3:23pm
i understand rope. lashings will not increase the strength of the rope. adding more rope, unless the rope is of higher quality and higher load bearing capabilities. will not increase the strength, its pointless, when towing a car or pulling out a stuck buddy in my truck, using my recovery strap, which by the way is 20,000 lbs, which means that i can use it to tow anything around 6500lbs. i would not throw on some other rope i had in my truck just for kicks, it wouldn't help. at this point, you are a moron. not for building a tower, not even for using rope. but because you can't even listen to people know know more than you do, and have given information, that you never even knew existed, and yet manged to blow it all out your butt. like you said, its your tower, not mine, i will never be on it, or see it at the rate you post pics. neither will anybody else. if you know want to at least acknowledge the fast that somebody out there might know what their talking about, then fine. i look forward to hear about the future accident in the news. you deserve it if you won't even listen at all. find out the towers weight, total weight that might be on the tower at any time, 1, 2, 3 players? add it all up, multiple that by 4, and find rope that it rated at that number.
www.pbteamwow.com
Klaus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2005 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by HITMAN 4 HIRE HITMAN 4 HIRE wrote:

we wanted to use rope for the sheer beauty of not having to use any nails.  nails do damage trees to some extent.  i didn't mean that they die in a few minutes. 

as the son of two foresters, i have easy acess to information about trees

I asked both my parents, seperatly to prevent bias, and they both replyed that nails cannot harm a tree-unless, A) the tree is a sapling B) the nails are the size of a splitting wedge or C) you pound the nails in with a buick--quit saying nails can cause harm to a tree

wood is dead already, its not like your going to stunt the trees growth

rope can rot, unless it is made of nylon or other synthetics

Strike 1 - Spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HITMAN 4 HIRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2005 at 5:24pm
what ever. it works thats all that matters to me.
Because I can.
nofxrules98 View Drop Down

Guested; Racist Filter Dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nofxrules98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2005 at 11:20am
Ok i havent been on in a while n im jus wondering did u put pics on another POST or not...   i wanna see
Strike 1 - Spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HITMAN 4 HIRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2005 at 5:40pm

i should bust through your monitor and strangle you... no jk.

actually no i HAVE NOT posted any pics yet, but we have COMPLETED the 2nd level and will now start on the walls.

so hang in there fellas.

Because I can.
Klaus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2005 at 6:18pm

actually no i HAVE NOT posted any pics yet, but we have COMPLETED the 2nd level and will now start on the walls.

so hang in there fellas.

its taken you this long to built two levels? and you dont even have walls?...work harder

well, at least your rope wont have to hold as much...

maybe at least an idea of how big it is?...feet or paces or anything

Strike 1 - Spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HITMAN 4 HIRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2005 at 6:35pm

man power= 2 guys with limited time

supplies= not much

weather= it's been raining so we've been held up thank you very much

you'll see how awesome it is when we get pics, which maybe might be this weekend.

Because I can.
nofxrules98 View Drop Down

Guested; Racist Filter Dodge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nofxrules98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2005 at 8:54am
Ok just wondering because this post has been up forever.
whoknowswho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whoknowswho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2005 at 11:04am
Most synthetic ropes get murdered by sunlight. The tower will probably crash after summer is halfway over.
Klaus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2005 at 12:10pm

man power= 2 guys with limited
time

supplies= not much

weather= it's been raining so we've been held up thank you
very much

you'll see how awesome it is when we get pics, which maybe
might be this weekend.

1 guy
scrap lumber and tin
its been snowing
mines still better...cause ive got dvd and couches haha
Strike 1 - Spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HITMAN 4 HIRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2005 at 3:54pm

2 guys; not **edited**'s in a house with sofas and a dvd.

rotten and fallen down timber

rope and string

bare hands and a hatchet and one knife

1 dream.

yah wow, one house to a huge woodsball arena.  no competition.

Because I can.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2005 at 8:05am
so.....pics?
Klaus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2005 at 12:07pm

2 guys; not **edited**'s in a house with sofas and a dvd.

rotten and fallen down timber

rope and string

bare hands and a hatchet and one knife

1 dream.

yah wow, one house to a huge woodsball arena.  no competition.

1 nice house with bunkers, shooting positions, gravel pits, woods, sheds, a barn, a swamp, and a field=a bunch of holes and trees

if you need tools, give me a ring-it'd be nice if everyone could have a place as nice as mine, and ive got extra lumber (the whole place was built from boards stripped from pallets)

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2005 at 2:47pm
(i can't believe im about to say this)....GO KLAUS
Strike 1 - Spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HITMAN 4 HIRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 April 2005 at 5:14pm

puh. when are they going to close this?  i won already any how.

Because I can.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
  Share Topic