Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Flat Line worn out????

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Team D&D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flat Line worn out????
    Posted: 20 March 2005 at 9:37pm

Has anyone else had their FL wear out? I called Tipp and they said to send it in and they would re-sand blast it for me at no charge. Has anyone done this? I wonder if it would work like a new one. My gun isn't even a year old but I have put about 25,000 pb through it. When it was new the pb's would lift a little but now they fly like I was using stock barrel. Just thought I would ask.

Thanks,

Domination & Devastation
Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2005 at 9:41pm
i was wondering the same thing, but mine shoots far but is incredibly innacurate.  I think I just have internal problems though.
holysmartone View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
1 strike- language in posted image 6/9

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote holysmartone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2005 at 9:53pm

Same thing happened to mine. Getting ready to send it in this week. If you want to wait, Ill let you know how it turns out whenever it gets back in, unless someone else here has tried it before.

evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2005 at 3:03am
Yes, it will be like "new" again, jus like when you first opened the box, installed it to the marker and used it on the field.
Do not steal....the government hates competition!
Spykill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spykill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2005 at 5:59am

Don't send it in if it is doing somthing slightly wrong. Before you send it, spend a few days on a rigoris cleaning cycle. Every day run flaming hot water thru it, then boil some water, and let it soak in boiling water for awhile (OFF THE HEAT). After that, rip off one CONNECTED string of Bounty and thread it through, run it back and forth a few times... Then when you send it out, they won't just clean it and give it back.

Homemade Blowback vents
Polished Internals
14" Teardrop
Flatline
MaddMann Springs
Vented Elbow
DOP RVA
DOP Rocket Cock II
C02.

Soon to come:
Palmer Male Stab (yes!)
Halo B