Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Tippmann, "Too Ugly?"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whoknowswho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2005 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by FireStrorm89 FireStrorm89 wrote:

The Tippmann is too un real looking. I want it to look like a real gun.

And the Spyders you were praising look just like an M-4 . If you don't like it, go buy something else. Regardless of what you decide to do, go away.

FireStrorm89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FireStrorm89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2005 at 7:05pm

Dear God you people I swear...

I did not hate Tippmann and I do not like Spyder.

The plastic part I did not know, I thought the standard Military rifles today were made of straight out Steel and Aluminium. Why would any gun be made of plastic. It cracks and breaks and needs glue to be repaired. Second I didn't say that they were not completely durable. The frame is great but the excess parts like trigger guard and fore grip was my only complaint and the Plastic shroud.  I would rather prefer metal over plastic any day especially body work parts. Oh for sure that shroud should have been metal. Yeah that metal shroud you were talking about looks ugly. Wheres the handle cmon...

My aim for my gun is looks, looks as in Military looking. My only opinon here was the 98's skinny frame. Now my favorite gun is the M-16A1. I can't mod that 98 because the frame is too skinny. It will never be as thick and wide as the M-16 body marker. Unless  ****SUGGESTION***** Tippmann makes a marker body expansion, and more senario barrels that would help me on my M-16 mod. The BT barrel for the Tippmann. No way its too short and besides I want it to be the M-16 not the M4. Another thing I want my guns to be accurate so these barrels can't be inaccurate just for looks.

Looks first, quality second thats how I see it. If you have an awsome gun that can kick anyones *** and looks just like a real military weapon than that is what I want. Besides I rely on Tippmann, its simply setup and is strong I can tell my holding one. The plastic has to go. But looks and stlye should not be left alone but made better. Its called the 98 Custom for a reason... I want to make my 98 unique and make others go wow thats amazing. Unless all of these mods exist, which I have searched for a while now, please do care and brag and insult me more as though I did something wrong. Oh whoever it was called me a twerp cmon over here and I show you a **** twerp! Kepp this PG rated...

Yeah and Spyder was not my choice, I chose the 98 because everyone said how accurate they are, way more accurate than spyder... I want my guns accurate and now I want them to look insane.  I wanted the 98 to bethat gun, but I need Tippmann to make those parts and I am sure others would want solid reliable parts they can feel great playing with.

Edited by FireStrorm89
Stitch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2005 at 7:33pm

yeah, i've dropped my tippy from probable 10 feet up, picked it up wipped the dirt off it and kept playing, i'v seen people drop sypders from 2 and 3 feet and they broke. . . or at least didn't shoot right.

98 Custom
R/T
Flatline
BT Stock
Tippmann Vertical adapter
GTA Inline X-Chamber
ADCO IMP Red dot Sight
Rocket C*ck II
Apache Attack Loader

Armotech Zeus Pistol
Laser sight
Armotech holster
A5 dude15 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested Pottymouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A5 dude15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2005 at 8:41pm
i think he found the wrong place to dis a tippy....hmmmmmm....this is a tippmann forum buddy, what do you expect.
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2005 at 9:07pm
And like I said before...if you wish to whine about the appearance and the performance of a marker, go to New Players or Thoughts & Opinions....your question in this section of the Forum is null and void...if you wish to continue in this section....expect alot more flaming from the members who truly love their Tippmanns. 
Do not steal....the government hates competition!
Klaus View Drop Down

Strike 1 - Filterdodge - 7/21

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2005 at 9:32pm

. Why would any gun be made of plastic. It cracks and breaks and needs glue to be repaired. Second I didn't say that they were not completely durable.   My aim for my gun is looks, looks as in Military looking. My only opinon here was the 98's skinny frame. Now my favorite gun is the M-16A1. I can't mod that 98 because the frame is too skinny. It will never be as thick and wide as the M-16 body marker. Unless  ****SUGGESTION***** Tippmann makes a marker body expansion, and more senario barrels that would help me on my M-16 mod.

you're a sad, sad little (man?)

the M-16 A1 has a very narrow frame, only as wide as a 98, if that...

you make me so angry i could sucker-punch a nun...again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FireStrorm89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2005 at 9:33pm
Ok listen you **edited** I never said I hate the **edited**ing Tippmann so you can go **edited** yourself you **edited**ing evil bas*****. You wanna flame or what ever the **edited** you said for no damn reason than go **edited** your self. I made a damn suggestion if you took it the wrong way than **edited** you! Grow up and learn to read you illiterate **edited** and watch your mouth I said nothing to offend your precious twig. I suggested new mod kits but you couldn't read that part. **edited** you is all I can say you **edited**ing jerk!

Edited by FireStrorm89
evil_fingers View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Inappropriate sig

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evil_fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2005 at 10:01pm
Wow, such words from a lil twerp....next time try using the Search option for your questions you moron.
Do not steal....the government hates competition!
Klaus View Drop Down

Strike 1 - Filterdodge - 7/21

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 March 2005 at 10:21pm

hehehe...i did that once...ooops

so much anger after just 5 posts....

settle down, we dont hate you, we just dont think it was a good idea to call these beautiful paintball guns "ugly" and "icky"

Flurry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flurry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2005 at 2:23am

I have to agree with most of the people here. 

1.  Tippmann is one of the most realistic looking markers out there.  and as so many people have said,

2.  They are durable beyond any other markers. 

3.   They aren't all colorfull because, lets face it, black blends alot better than matellic red in the woods.

4.  I wasn't all to impressed with the plastic shroud for the flatline for the 98...but i have never had any problems with it. 

It sucks being antisocial alone.
whoknowswho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whoknowswho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2005 at 9:20am

Just out of curiosity, have you even seen a real M-16 up close? Also, the plastics they use on rifles are plenty durable. They are not even remotely close to that Tupperware bowl you eat cereal out of. Besides, it is a rifle, not a hammer. Finally, if it ain't what you want, re-do the body with Bondo or whatever it is they use for crazy changes. Either that, or learn how to cast your own aluminum parts.

Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2005 at 10:34am

Ok listen you **edited** I never said I hate the **edited**ing Tippmann so you can go **edited** yourself you **edited**ing evil bas*****. You wanna flame or what ever the **edited** you said for no damn reason than go **edited** your self. I made a damn suggestion if you took it the wrong way than **edited** you! Grow up and learn to read you illiterate **edited** and watch your mouth I said nothing to offend your precious twig. I suggested new mod kits but you couldn't read that part. **edited** you is all I can say you **edited**ing jerk!

Wow.

Sentinelz View Drop Down
Suicide By Mod.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sentinelz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2005 at 7:03pm

I played baseball with my tippmann with a flaming tennisball nonetheless and it did fine... homerun into the highway.... the plastic can be replaced all of it can  the elbow the foregrip the grips (mine melted) the sight can even be taken off and changed or replaced even the safety thing... you're not going to get an accurate shot like a real gun so you better go buy a BB or pellet gun if thats what you want because paintballs have weight oddities and the paint may shift around in them as they fly and this will throw it off also they are just not the right size...

and one more thing..

Wow. Just wow...

Edited by Sentinelz
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 March 2005 at 10:55pm
Cosmetics first, performace second?????

Go play airsoft then dweeb.
DflyNchimp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DflyNchimp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2005 at 1:40am

The plastic part I did not know, I thought the standard Military rifles today were made of straight out Steel and Aluminium. Why would any gun be made of plastic. .........

My aim for my gun is looks, looks as in Military looking. My only opinon here was the 98's skinny frame. Now my favorite gun is the M-16A1. I can't mod that 98 because the frame is too skinny. It will never be as thick and wide as the M-16 body marker. Unless  ****SUGGESTION***** Tippmann makes a marker body expansion, and more senario barrels that would help me on my M-16 mod. The BT barrel for the Tippmann. No way its too short and besides I want it to be the M-16 not the M4. Another thing I want my guns to be accurate so these barrels can't be inaccurate just for looks.

Observation one: most if not all of military rifles are made of composites nowadays, because a metal frame would tip the weight of the gun upwards of ten kilos

Observation two: the Tippmann guns are probably the most modable guns in the area of making them look like real guns.

Observation three: you're in the wrong forum

silence is golden, ducktape is silver
fastrigger81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fastrigger81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2005 at 12:57pm
wow, y didnt he just ask, should tippmann make a new marker?
Tippmann 98 custom
12 inch JJ Pro 1 Barrel
Dead on drop foward
expansion chamber
pen spring mod
12v Revvy w/ x board
Dead on 2x Trigger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FireStrorm89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2005 at 9:36pm

Because I didn't ask for a new marker...  I just got the 98 and I wanted to know if there are any body parts to buy. I would love to make my own aluminium parts for the 98. I don't have money for them right now. I can design them but as far as smelting and smithing these parts forgetta bout it, it won't happen. I know that these parts are not manufactured by tippman so I suggested they did make them. Well I have no luck on this forum so i guess i'll make them myself one way or another. The 98 is great, I have nothing against it. The only turn off is the bare naked image of it. Sure it looks most real than all those other alien looking markers. I am mad at the fact that there should be body parts one can buy for the 98. I find it a goal to make it look like a real solid gun. Well it seems thats all up to me to get the body works and make it look great.

Ok to let me make my suggestion more clear, Check out my new thread I am posting. I am going to explain the body mod kits in a more polite fashion. Check it out and check my mod on how to build a M60E3 Machine Gun mod for the Tippmann 98 Custom from solid aluminium and steel parts.

Edited by FireStrorm89
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2005 at 11:11pm
hey bro, guess what.

you didn't guess.

The parts are out there, just that Tippmann doesn't make them.Nor will they ever make them.

Check out Englers Designs.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FireStrorm89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 March 2005 at 11:53pm

omg that was funny, you weren't serious were you....

brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 April 2005 at 1:43am
I've never broken any of the plastic pieces when using the M-16 adaptation that the Canadian Forces use- and believe me, I've put that weapon through its paces. The composite (to call it plastic is insulting) stock is designed to deliver a severe beating to a person's skull and be just fine- and it does the job.

To say Tippmanns look realistic is ridiculous. If you want realistic paintball markers, RAP-4 series markers ar ethe best looking- except they shoot a different calibre at 400fps. In terms of field legal markers, Ariakons are probably the best, followed closely by Armotech. ATS does some good stuff, with a very interesting magazine-fed system, the only .68 markers to boast that. The ONLY good Tippmann commercial MilSims I've ever seen have been from Engler- he does some amazing stuff. the AK-A5 is a work of art, and the Dragunov is beyond words. The Opsgear stuff is all overpriced garbage for what it is.

Those who claim Tippmanns are inherently 'realistic' need better familiarity with real firearms. It CAN be done, but if you want the MilSim look, buy a MilSim marker.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic