Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

best speedball gun?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98 nitro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: best speedball gun?
    Posted: 05 April 2005 at 9:18pm

me and a few of my friends are gettin a speedball team together and i need a new gun cause the gun that i have now isnt reliable and is kinda built for senario stuff. ive narrowed my choices down to a maongoose reincarnation II (led or lcd which ever shoots faster) or a silver bullet if yall paintballas have any sugestions of a good gun in the price range of 200$ then please let me no 

it isnt practice makes perfect, but perfect practice makes perfect
and allways remember chicks dig scars
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 April 2005 at 11:23pm
A GOOD speedball gun in the $200 range? You won't really find much... Realistically, you're looking at a Spyder with some upgrades on it.
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
Ariakon_Eagle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ariakon_Eagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2005 at 1:46pm
Save up lil more and get a Ion, or if your a SP hater or a Ion hater, get a Wrath.
You call the Eagle, Eagle does the rest.
BigD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2005 at 1:47pm
hey, good IDEA!!!
Tippmann 98 Custom
J&J Ceramic 14 in.
VL Revolution w/ X-board
Rufus Dawg Double Trigger
Drop forward
Rocket Cock II
Vert. Adapter
DOP X-Core
DYE Sticky Grips
Dye Invision
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2005 at 11:00pm
Get a spyder and buy a T-board.
P8ntBall_Phreak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P8ntBall_Phreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2005 at 11:07pm

Originally posted by The Guy The Guy wrote:

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAA, NO!!!!!!!! Whatever you do, don't get a Spyder. Even the high-end Spyders like the Fenix ACS is awful. The thing is practically a paint flame-thrower. I used marbs and heat paint and it won't even get out the barrel. I would recommend you save up a little and get an Ion, or you can get the original Mongoose. The original Mongoose LCD is better than the Reincarnation, it has 7 more BPS on it, and a better stock barrel.

What I got:
   Tippmann A-5
   Flatline Barrel
   E-Grip
   Comp-Air System
   88ci 5000psi Evil Scion
   Psycho Ballistic's Z-Drop
   JT Proteus Sportz Comm Mask
98 nitro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98 nitro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2005 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by P8ntBall_Phreak P8ntBall_Phreak wrote:

Originally posted by The Guy The Guy wrote:

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAA, NO!!!!!!!! Whatever you do, don't get a Spyder. Even the high-end Spyders like the Fenix ACS is awful. The thing is practically a paint flame-thrower. I used marbs and heat paint and it won't even get out the barrel. I would recommend you save up a little and get an Ion, or you can get the original Mongoose. The original Mongoose LCD is better than the Reincarnation, it has 7 more BPS on it, and a better stock barrel.

i agree i never liked spiders

it isnt practice makes perfect, but perfect practice makes perfect
and allways remember chicks dig scars
kiolia View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
My Rainmaker will make it ... well, rain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiolia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2005 at 10:02pm
I have used tons of different guns for speedball, from my prolite, to a talon pump, to a 98c, spyder imagine, DM4, and my pimp, and I would say some of my favorites were my mech autococker and my pimp. You could pick up an oldish cocker within your price range, but be aware that it won't make you any better of a player. If you suck, a new gun won't make you suck less, unless it makes you feel more confident or something. An Espyder would be a fine choice, actually...anyone who says theirs breaks paint or whatever is using a) way too nice [brittle] of paint b) needs a faster hopper or c) just doesn't take care of their stuff, with rare exceptions. Buy a bloody stick squeegee and take it in with you if you're worried about chopping.

s'right, I do a webcomic and I update it like every two months. go go!
garrett5 View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Stupidity

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garrett5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2005 at 3:12pm
get a ion

http://garrett5.conforums3.com/index.cgi join or die

kimosabe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimosabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 April 2005 at 5:52pm

i play speedball with my A5.and honestly i do very dam good.Its the player not the gun.Unless u come up close to an Angel.Dont know what those things are made from but i aint paying 1400 for a marker.

A5

egrip

12" dye aluminium

PMI 45 68  carbon tank

7" x 2" Bullet Drop Forward

No Low Comp Air yet.

and all the DOP stuff i can get.The internals .bolt stuff.and the RVS

Being bad is the only thing I've ever been good at.
Sniper21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sniper21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2005 at 7:20pm

A-5 or Ion A-5 egrip on Ebay.

at my field i have seen way too many problems with the spyder.

get a piranha if you need to

Edited by Sniper21
A-5 E-Grip Jcs Trigger PMI Nitro soon to be WGP Karnivor or X-Mag
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic