Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

a5 rt problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adicted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: a5 rt problems
    Posted: 11 April 2005 at 9:28am
Everytime I shoot my gun it shoots three or four times even though I squeeze the trigger once. I took the cyclone apart last night and looked at the ratchet and springs and everything was alright. I oil the ram as "the man" said but it still is firing to much. I turned the rt all the way clockwise until it stopped shooting and that happened too so I know the rt isn't messed up. This all started happening when I was taking my gun apart and I pulled the entire grip down and off the upper receiver. Not sure if that had any thing to do with it? Does anyone know if I can send it to tippmann and have them look at it? I'm pretty sure my 1 year warantee is up. I've never done any upgrades to my gun besides the barrel. Does any one think I should get an expansion chamber, palmer stabalizer or lpk kit and run it on co2. I'm thinking I might need to regulate the air going in.
a-5 rt
14" Progressive
20 oz
PMI 4+1
soon to come:
x-core expansion chamber
dop drop forward
double trigger
superfly bolt
Liquid3 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Bigots & Bibles ROCK MY WORLD!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liquid3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2005 at 10:43am
Usually when the RT double shoots its because the RT valve is open too much. Try it with the valve only open enough to fire and then adjust just a little between tries. Also check the trigger sear spring and rear bolt for wear and proper installation. Have you been cleaning and oiling regularly? I'm thinking that the trigger sear spring and/or rear bolt is the main problem.
triggerhappy1 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triggerhappy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2005 at 2:02pm
Thats what the RT does. It gives you full auto (technicaly isnt) and bursts. Many people confuse this with auto-response mode on e-grips (one shot per pull and release).
adicted View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adicted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2005 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by triggerhappy1 triggerhappy1 wrote:

Thats what the RT does. It gives you full auto (technicaly isnt) and bursts. Many people confuse this with auto-response mode on e-grips (one shot per pull and release).

this is true but the cyclone only turns without balls in the hopper and sometimes even doesn't turn without balls in the hopper.i'm preety sure this isn't supposed to happen.
what do you mean by leaving the valve on;y half-way open to shoot. where is the trigger sear spring and the rear bolt seems to be ok
a-5 rt
14" Progressive
20 oz
PMI 4+1
soon to come:
x-core expansion chamber
dop drop forward
double trigger
superfly bolt
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic