Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gun control

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Citizen Kane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Kane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gun control
    Posted: 17 May 2005 at 10:48am

Here in Canada, gun conrtol is harsh. You need your F.A.C to buy a gun and ammo. And If you have owned a gun before the new regs, and don't plan on buying another gun, you need a P.A.L to buy ammo.

Registering a gun, I can respect. But to take a 2 month course when you already know how to fire, clean and lock up a fire arm? That's the most horrible gun law, ever. 2 weeks I can see..Because If you're going to buy a gun, you're going to know how to use it. Why would you buy a gun if you don't know how to use it?

"Honey, I think today...Im going to get a 2 month course that wastes all my spare time, and buy a .30 Magnum Belgian Browning for absolutely no reason what so ever"

There's no good reason to make it so long to get your F.A.C..Unless they want to make it long so people think it takes too long to get. There's a sence of gun control. 

o.0
SR_Crewchief View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SR_Crewchief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2005 at 8:12am
Originally posted by bluemunky42 bluemunky42 wrote:

a few days ago i dropped by my local gun store to look around with my uncle its a real cool shop they've got all these pistols and police gear like this riot helmet that stops a .44 point blank to the seethru visor. anyway, i saw a battle rifle behind the counter and asked the guy what it was doing there and he told me they had recently lifted the ban on battle rifles. i was quite impressed with it.

Sorry "Battle Rifles" were not banned, Assault rifles that met certain criteria were though. Battle rifles the likes of Mauser K98, M1 Gerand, Lee Enfield, Springfield M1903, etc. Granted the M14 does blur the destiction between Battle and Assault.
bluemunky42 View Drop Down
Guested. Middle Finger post.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluemunky42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2005 at 1:05pm
a few days ago i dropped by my local gun store to look around with my uncle its a real cool shop they've got all these pistols and police gear like this riot helmet that stops a .44 point blank to the seethru visor. anyway, i saw a battle rifle behind the counter and asked the guy what it was doing there and he told me they had recently lifted the ban on battle rifles. i was quite impressed with it.
gaumer View Drop Down
Guested - Troll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gaumer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2005 at 1:01pm
gun controlist need to get a life
whatever
Zesty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Guested - 3 Strikes and hes out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2005 at 7:50am
Originally posted by Tinkertoys Tinkertoys wrote:

Assault rifles are meant to kill people, ever tried hunting with one, they suck. Enough with the "law abiding" crap, sounds as dumb as "from my cold dead hands", it only takes ONCE to kill someone. Criminals started off as innocents, did they not?

-Tink

So, just because criminals "started out as innocents", we should take guns away from people who have done nothing wrong with them? Your logic is flawed!

It only takes once to kill someone in a car crash,amd you could conceivably kill dozens of people in once acident....why not outlaw fast cars or SUV's?

Because people just chalk it up as another accident...even though it happens everyday.

But an accident involving a firearms happens a couple times a year, and people feel "unsafe" so they will pass any law they can think of to find some comfort.

For people that believe in the right to be arms, having the right to own and use these guns are our way of feeling safe.

Like I said, I've never shot anybody by acident, killed anybody, had a gun stolen, or even been arrested for doing anything illegal with a gun...why should my right be taken away just because "everybody start out innocent".

By that reasoning, we should throw people in jail as soon as they exit the womb!!!!!!!
Psyrecx View Drop Down
Follows in HondaXR’s footsteps...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psyrecx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2005 at 10:06pm
Depends who's using it

This sig is brought to you by Psyrecx, thanks to D-Town Balla.
Tinkertoys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinkertoys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2005 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by Psyrecx Psyrecx wrote:

no, they're made to tickle them a little.

Lol, and Tasers are REALLY supposed to kill people, right?

-Tink
Chicago PD, Division of Homicide, our day starts, when your day ends.
Psyrecx View Drop Down
Follows in HondaXR’s footsteps...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psyrecx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2005 at 10:00pm

no, they're made to tickle them a little.

hunting with an assault rifle would be fun

Edited by Psyrecx

This sig is brought to you by Psyrecx, thanks to D-Town Balla.
Tinkertoys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tinkertoys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2005 at 9:58pm
Assault rifles are meant to kill people, ever tried hunting with one, they suck. Enough with the "law abiding" crap, sounds as dumb as "from my cold dead hands", it only takes ONCE to kill someone. Criminals started off as innocents, did they not?

-Tink
Chicago PD, Division of Homicide, our day starts, when your day ends.
Glassjaw View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Took down Mike Tyson

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glassjaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2005 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by tippmann mann tippmann mann wrote:

As an American i belive in what our 4 founding fathers had to say. It goes a little like this: You have the right to bear arms. I belive in this to some extent. We do need to prevent anyone from getting guns like AK-47s. It is just to much of a risk. We have those crazy guys blowing them selves up for a cause, well these people can get a gun as easy as you or I. I think thats wrong. And i dont care how maney guns you have or if you are a hard core anti-terorist guy, the bottom line is there it can start another crazy attack on our country.

So, if I owned many weapons including assualt rifles, and have the paper work for them and it was 110% legitimate, you would want to take my weapons from me?

Why do we need to prevent anyone from owning assault rifles?  Also, you never stated your stand on fully automatic or semi automatic rifles.  Both are perfectly fine in my world, as long as you have legitimate paperwork.

Edited by Glassjaw
The desire for polyester is just to powerful.
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2005 at 3:42pm

Originally posted by JE$U$ JE$U$ wrote:

if we put more gun control it will only make it harder for law obiding citizens and wont effect criminals, criminals dont by guns legaly,you could go buy a gun from a gangster for 100$ and he wont even know your name 

That is absolutely not true.  Not even close.

JE$U$ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JE$U$ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2005 at 3:37pm
if we put more gun control it will only make it harder for law obiding citizens and wont effect criminals, criminals dont by guns legaly,you could go buy a gun from a gangster for 100$ and he wont even know your name 
BlackDeath7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackDeath7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2005 at 10:09pm
I am for legally owning all types of guns.  As long as certain checks and precautions are taken (like background checks, waiting periods, etc.) I don't see why a law abiding citizen can own any type of firearm he or she wants.  Our founding fathers thought this as well.  Too bad the loopjobs in congress 30 years ago didn't realize this.

Brett Favre gets sacked again.
tippmann mann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippmann mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2005 at 9:59pm
As an American i belive in what our 4 founding fathers had to say. It goes a little like this: You have the right to bear arms. I belive in this to some extent. We do need to prevent anyone from getting guns like AK-47s. It is just to much of a risk. We have those crazy guys blowing them selves up for a cause, well these people can get a gun as easy as you or I. I think thats wrong. And i dont care how maney guns you have or if you are a hard core anti-terorist guy, the bottom line is there it can start another crazy attack on our country.
cripple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cripple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2005 at 12:53pm
gun control means hitting your target

**Sig was too big**
**Sig edited for language** ~Reb
DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2005 at 11:01am
The novelty fades quickly. Its kinda like, if you are a waitress, and you serve coffe all day, you get home and want to scream cuz your boyfriend or whatever asks you if you want a cup of coffe, its sorta like that. Only with a girl.
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2005 at 10:56am
Boy, I wish the fiancee would let me have 3 other girlfriends.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2005 at 10:55am
Yup i have a girlfriend and whatnot. Used to have 3 or 4, but now i only have one.
Bugg View Drop Down
One screw up and all screen names go

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2005 at 10:52am
psshh... wish I even had a gf...

how bout you?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2005 at 10:41am
Mhmm.. *Shrug* So.. hows the wife?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>
  Share Topic