Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Which Gun is Best
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A5 or WGP Karnivor

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKREWDRIVER476 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A5 or WGP Karnivor
    Posted: 21 April 2005 at 4:29pm
Hey guys been a while since my last post. I started paintball a year or 2 ago and I have a Tippmann 98C with a flatline. I felt that I was going to upgrade to a better gun. I want a full-auto marker that is lightweight, low maintenance, and accuracy. I'm not worried about the price tag too much but I don't want a DM5. So A5 or KARNIVOR? Thanks in advance!
SuzukiRider987 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuzukiRider987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2005 at 5:02pm
The Karni is out of the A-5's league... So I'm gonna say get the Karni by far.
   MacDev Militia
   Alien - Because winning is more fun.
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2005 at 5:19pm
is this a serious question? go for the karni man!
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
mdp1212 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdp1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2005 at 5:29pm
ok you dont want a DM5 but your willing to spend almost the same amount for a Karni, What kind of paintball do you play beacuse I love to nail all the speedball players with the bright flashy guns who like to play woods ball, If you play woods and speedball go with the A-5 e-grip.
MDP
A-5
e-grip
Proto switch EL Mask
hyperflow 400 47/3000
SKREWDRIVER476 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKREWDRIVER476 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2005 at 6:27pm

Thanks I'll definately go with the karnivore.

cdacda13 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Yes, spelled secual.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdacda13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2005 at 7:20pm

well, they are to very different guns. The A-5 mech. The karni is elctro. Theres no way to compare the two.

Karni, even though i dont like cockers.

hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2005 at 11:48pm
Not sure about the full-auto or maintenance, but the cocker certainly has the accuracy and weight in it's advantage.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKREWDRIVER476 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2005 at 3:59am
I see that the karnivore is Nitro only. What kind do you suggest?
Predatorr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predatorr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2005 at 2:54pm
the karni will own but whats the point of having a gun that you can't really get ups on.  And be serious, who wants a gun that just is bleh perfect.  Not to mention the repair costs and things if you kill  a part will be unbelievably high and nitro tanks arent exactly cheap.  Unless youre just one of those rich kids....besides if you want a WGP gun then why be on the tippmann forum...seriously dude go for the a5
98_custom22 View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Selling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98_custom22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2005 at 3:48pm
karnivore vs a a-5 are you dead serious...karnivore blows the a-5 so far out of the water..with upgrades the karnivore can be one of the best guns made
98% of ion owners think ions are better than any high end gun. If you would like to bonus ball these idiots put this in your sig.

me:
06 Nasty Nerve
68/4500 +47/3000
halo b
freak kit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKREWDRIVER476 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2005 at 4:03pm
Heh Predator I ain't a rich kid, I just mow ALOT of lawns.
MICHAELJK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MICHAELJK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2005 at 5:25pm
Ok, I know what he means about the price tag dose not matter but that is a big difference! I'd say the karnivor just kuz i love autocockers!
Black Vengence Autococker
12v revvy hopper clear
14in All American barrel
Karnivor Feed Neck
Black Rubber Bottom Hose
50ci/3500psi n2 tank

Moderator Group
Moderator Group

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2005 at 5:37pm

How bout Egos? Newer Angels? Cyborgs?

I would take any of those over the Karni.

mdp1212 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdp1212 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2005 at 7:18pm

Paintball tournament in the rain $150.00

wet electro hopper $80.00

Wet electro marker $800.00

A-5 Marker that wont die in the rain PRICELESS!!!!!!!

MDP
A-5
e-grip
Proto switch EL Mask
hyperflow 400 47/3000
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2005 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by mdp1212 mdp1212 wrote:

Paintball tournament in the rain $150.00

wet electro hopper $80.00

Wet electro marker $800.00

A-5 Marker that wont die in the rain PRICELESS!!!!!!!

The higher end guns can play in the rain, the only problem is water in the porting.

Ilovepaintball1 View Drop Down
Guested. Trouble maker.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ilovepaintball1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2005 at 12:50am
You can't be serious.

Props to my Dogg BLAND
Psyrecx View Drop Down
Follows in HondaXR’s footsteps...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Psyrecx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2005 at 3:16am

If the paintballs get wet they will jam up in the cyclone...

This sig is brought to you by Psyrecx, thanks to D-Town Balla.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2005 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by Psyrecx Psyrecx wrote:

If the paintballs get wet they will jam up in the cyclone...

Wet paint will jam up pretty much any gun/loader....

heavymetal99 View Drop Down

Guested for F-bomb.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavymetal99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2005 at 4:49pm
i would recomend the wgp, but if you are really into to woodsball i would go with the a5 because of its various upgrades
slettec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slettec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2005 at 7:49pm
if ur gonna spend 1000 or so on a gun alone then get a fast hopper, better barrel, and good tank... that's crazy when you could pimp the shiite muslim out of an a-5 for about 1000 and it'll shoot close to as good. hahah sorry i just love the feel of the a-5 all pimped out. my friends have angels and cockers and if they offered the trade, i would say, "no, thank you. i'll keep my a-5." the total cost of the cocker would be closer to 1500 or something.
WGP orracle
cp flame drop
MACdev gladiator reg
Evil pipe kit
68/5000 tank
evlutionII w/zboard

A-5
ultralite
e-grip w/jcs duel trigger
45/4500 crossfire
LPK,cp reg
Drop forward