Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Which Gun is Best
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Bugg View Drop Down
One screw up and all screen names go

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2005 at 7:43am
Originally posted by NiQ-Toto NiQ-Toto wrote:

Timmy owners suck, plain and simple.
Not quite..

Un educated, nub timmy owners sucks...
NiQ-Toto View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NiQ-Toto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2005 at 2:44pm
You cant argue with scarface man, and once everyone learns that hell just leave hopefully. All he does is **edited** about how much every gun besides timmys suck. Personally, ive seen about 15 ions at the field, and they were all shooting great all day long. Kid with an alias sat out 1/2 the day cause he didnt know **edited** about setting up his timmy board, and had his dwell jacked way high up. I could have helped, but he said he knew what he was doing so screw him. Timmy owners suck, plain and simple.
///AMG What?
jeep 98 custom View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I can type in Nerd L33T!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeep 98 custom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2005 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by ScarFace22 ScarFace22 wrote:

For around the same price you can get an E-99 which will be just as fast as alot more reliable. Filth huh..sounds to me like your just in denial that you presious ION is a POS. Bugg we've been through this a millin times I don't see what you don't get are you that shallow or just that retarded I have shot MANY IONS some in tournemants I reffed and some team mated that just go them. SO far they've pretty much all had problems and all been a POS.

Except E-99's don't ramp, run higher pressure, have more kick, are bigger, don't have eyes, blow ceals, double fire, and chop. If anything deserves to be called a POS, it's an E-99.
"Yes there are two path you can go back, but in the long run, there's still time to change the road you're on"

madmos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote madmos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2005 at 12:49pm
I do not know how good the Ion is. My local shop got them in and it felt good in my hands and I figured it would make a great backup and loaner marker. Well the first one had a defective mode switch and then the second one had a defective power switch. He only had the 2 in stock so I got a refund. I probably won't bother to try again. 
ScarFace22 View Drop Down
Guested. Prejudice crap.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarFace22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2005 at 12:26pm
For around the same price you can get an E-99 which will be just as fast as alot more reliable. Filth huh..sounds to me like your just in denial that you presious ION is a POS. Bugg we've been through this a millin times I don't see what you don't get are you that shallow or just that retarded I have shot MANY IONS some in tournemants I reffed and some team mated that just go them. SO far they've pretty much all had problems and all been a POS.

Check my thread in the Great guns thread for Timmy tech help or PM me
Bugg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2005 at 8:07am
exactly...

Seriosuly, I bet my Xtreme that he shot only one, if any
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I can type in Nerd L33T!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeep 98 custom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 April 2005 at 1:54pm

Originally posted by jeep 98 custom jeep 98 custom wrote:

^^^Read it throughly jackass, he said inside the Ion. The body cover is on the outside. And who gives if the shell is plastic, then it doesn't scratch, is lighter, and can be made/sold cheaper. The Ion is a cheap, good preforming gun, and that's all it's meant to be, not some super gun.

I've had my Ion since 4 days after they came out. Some 10 cases through it now, and the only "issuse" it's ever had was the battery died, whcih happens on all guns. My trigger's never broken, reg hasn't blown up, noid hasn't crapped out, eye's havn't chopped, hoses havn't leaked, nothing. It sounds like you just have a blind hatred for them so you spew garbage to try and sour their reputation. Now my Ion is just a back up to my DM5, but a great back up it is, because I've always been able to count on it. Maybe you'r issuses with Ions, if you really have even used them, are rooted from the marker being smarter than the player. I find it assinine that you would **edited** about their hoses, when your beloved Timmy's ARE EXACTALLY THE SAME.

Except the Intimidatpr doesn't have a POS reg that constantly leaks, a POS hose that will randomly blow on you, A cheap vision system, A cheap noid a cheap trigger and all the other problems with it. Blind hatred huh..I think your just to blind to see just how much of a POS IONS really are. I'm not sourning thier reputation Im spreading the truth that they're trash. It seems your to ignorant to except the truth.

I used one for 3 months straight before my DM5 came, and I loan it out once or twice a week at leauge and practices, and it's still never had an issuse. If that;s your opinion of trash, then you're just an idiot.

Like I said, I don't think it's the Gardner's gift to paintball, but it is a damn nice gun for the price, and it's the best in it's praice range for sure. I think it's crap that you're trying to spread filth and lies that could possibly keep someone from having an inexpensive gun that they will love.

Edited by jeep 98 custom
"Yes there are two path you can go back, but in the long run, there's still time to change the road you're on"

Bugg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2005 at 8:41pm

^^^Read it throughly jackass, he said inside the Ion. The body cover is
on the outside. And who gives if the shell is plastic, then it doesn't
scratch, is lighter, and can be made/sold cheaper. The Ion is a cheap,
good preforming gun, and that's all it's meant to be, not some super
gun.

I've had my Ion since 4 days after they came out. Some 10 cases through
it now, and the only "issuse" it's ever had was the battery died, whcih
happens on all guns. My trigger's never broken, reg hasn't blown up,
noid hasn't crapped out, eye's havn't chopped, hoses havn't leaked,
nothing. It sounds like you just have a blind hatred for them so you
spew garbage to try and sour their reputation. Now my Ion is just a
back up to my DM5, but a great back up it is, because I've always been
able to count on it. Maybe you'r issuses with Ions, if you really have
even used them, are rooted from the marker being smarter than the
player. I find it assinine that you would **edited** about their hoses, when
your beloved Timmy's ARE EXACTALLY THE SAME.

SOmething you and I agree on...
dragun 88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dragun 88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2005 at 7:24pm

get the ion

Guested. Prejudice crap.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarFace22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2005 at 7:07pm

^^^Read it throughly jackass, he said inside the Ion. The body cover is on the outside. And who gives if the shell is plastic, then it doesn't scratch, is lighter, and can be made/sold cheaper. The Ion is a cheap, good preforming gun, and that's all it's meant to be, not some super gun.

I've had my Ion since 4 days after they came out. Some 10 cases through it now, and the only "issuse" it's ever had was the battery died, whcih happens on all guns. My trigger's never broken, reg hasn't blown up, noid hasn't crapped out, eye's havn't chopped, hoses havn't leaked, nothing. It sounds like you just have a blind hatred for them so you spew garbage to try and sour their reputation. Now my Ion is just a back up to my DM5, but a great back up it is, because I've always been able to count on it. Maybe you'r issuses with Ions, if you really have even used them, are rooted from the marker being smarter than the player. I find it assinine that you would **edited** about their hoses, when your beloved Timmy's ARE EXACTALLY THE SAME.

Except the Intimidatpr doesn't have a POS reg that constantly leaks, a POS hose that will randomly blow on you, A cheap vision system, A cheap noid a cheap trigger and all the other problems with it. Blind hatred huh..I think your just to blind to see just how much of a POS IONS really are. I'm not sourning thier reputation Im spreading the truth that they're trash. It seems your to ignorant to except the truth.

cdacda13 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Yes, spelled secual.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdacda13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2005 at 2:15pm

count it.

I like the ion, its a great gun for entry level tourny players. It the best bang for for buck. Nothing beats it for 300$. The trigger felt funny, but that can be adjusted.

Edited by cdacda13
Ariakon_Eagle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ariakon_Eagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2005 at 1:36pm

Stupid Ion Hater n00b!!!!!

JK, but I personally isnt a big fan of Ions. I just dont like the feel of it, but you discribed is some unheard of. Tons of people in this forum got Ions, never complained. I can only remember 1 thread made "Ion help" Outta 142 reviews on PBreview, it got a 9.4. Technically, the body, nor the trigger or plastic, but composite, which is used in the military for many items and equipment. Now Im sure its not military standard composite, but it pretty hard to make weak composite. Try PMing some of the members on the forum that accually own an Ion and see what they think. I really think you are just being ignorant.

You call the Eagle, Eagle does the rest.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I can type in Nerd L33T!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeep 98 custom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2005 at 1:28pm

Guested. Prejudice crap.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarFace22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2005 at 12:29pm

Originally posted by Bugg Bugg wrote:

Well I am willing to wager my Xtreme that you have only shot one ION, that or you are just a dumbass becasue one, they aren't plastic, only thing plastic *inside* an ion is the trigger, which can be changed.

Wow I think you've finally proven your own stupidty. The trigger is not the only thing thats plastic try the entire body. Also that reminds me the trigger is made of plastic it looked like SP cut a plastic spoon in half and glued it together. It feels like if you fart to loud the trigger will break. As I said already I have tried many IONS and they've all turned out to be a POS. Since this statement "plastic, only thing plastic *inside* an ion is the trigger, which can be changed." proves you have no idea what your talking about I would suggest you go climb back into the little hole you came from and don't talk if you don't know what your talking about. I have to wonder if you have ever shot or even looked at a ION. My sides are stilll hurting from laughing at your stupidity.

Bugg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2005 at 8:24am
Well I am willing to wager my Xtreme that you have only shot one ION, that or you are just a dumbass becasue one, they aren't plastic, only thing plastic *inside* an ion is the trigger, which can be changed.
Guested. Prejudice crap.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarFace22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2005 at 4:09pm
Been there done that. I've tried many Ions and so far they've all turned out to be a POS..I really don't think thats a coincedence it shows just how bad there. When the kid took it apart to try to fix it the thing look like some cheap plastic toy made in China. Those things are horrible I would take a E-99 over a POS ION.

Bugg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2005 at 8:27am

Haha Ions= aluminum POS. I used an Ion that of a kid on our team has and it was a POS. It had constant problems, the internal hoses blew it leaked every which way you could imagine the thing was just a worthless POS. Save yourself the trouble and don't waste your money.
scar, maybe your friend sucks at taking care of it, becasue every Ion i've shot has worked perfectly.

Granted there are always bad batches, look at omens, some never work..., but still, Ios are great.

Go to pbreview.com for more info on it
Ilovepaintball1 View Drop Down
Guested. Trouble maker.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ilovepaintball1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2005 at 1:08am
Ion>SilverBullet>Mongoose.

Props to my Dogg BLAND
Guested. Prejudice crap.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarFace22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2005 at 5:30pm
Haha Ions= aluminum POS. I used an Ion that of a kid on our team has and it was a POS. It had constant problems, the internal hoses blew it leaked every which way you could imagine the thing was just a worthless POS. Save yourself the trouble and don't waste your money.

Stormy Knight View Drop Down
Deactivated by request

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stormy Knight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2005 at 4:24pm

Don't know much about this marker.  Owner of the local paintball store said he played around with one and said it was really quiet and priced at or around $300.  I'd consider picking one up as a decent backup for my A-5 (or a loaner for a friend to use), but only if I can get more info on it.

A-5
Armson DOT Sight
Armson Raised Sightrail
DOP Bullet Drop
DOP RVA
DOP X-Core
DOP Vertical Adapter
E-Grip(APE)
Flatline Barrel
HPA
JCS Duel Trigger
Lightening Bolt