Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Flatline Barrel Adapter

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A5Gunner24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flatline Barrel Adapter
    Posted: 28 April 2005 at 4:40pm
Hey, I just got a Tippmann A-5, and I am trying to install flatline, I am reading directions but for this part it doesnt help much.

I un-screwed the 3 receiver bolts (A, B, and C) the correct ones.

It says to turn barrel/adapter to left and remove as one piece from upper receiver.. im not sure what to do here I try unscrewing left like it says but just the stock barrel comes out and the barrel adapter doesnt move at all.. I also don't get what it means with the upper receiver, do you have to cock it while getting the barrel adapter out?

Please help me guys thanks!
BobbyG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobbyG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2005 at 10:22pm
You do not have to cock it, just simply remove those three bolts and turn the barrel adapter counter-clockwise and give it a few hard pulls out. Its just tight because it new and has never been removed.
My A-5 :

A5Gunner24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A5Gunner24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2005 at 7:56am

My friend came over and we jerked hard once the screws were off and we finnaly got it off.

We then installed the Flatline and alligned that part wasn't that hard.

I have a question I probably won't use the stock barrel anymore since i have the flatline i am still going to keep it through.  But is the barrel adapter suppose to be stuck on the stock barrel so you can't get it off?once  you take it off the gun that is?

BobbyG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobbyG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2005 at 10:59am
No the stock barrel just simply unscrews out of the adapter. It may be difficult since it has never been removed before.
My A-5 :

A5Gunner24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A5Gunner24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2005 at 11:50am
Thanks for the help
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic