Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

paintball mine?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fastrigger81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: paintball mine?
    Posted: 01 May 2005 at 8:08am
ok is there anyway you could make a paintball mine by using two tippmann gernades, i was thinking of putting a piece of string on each pin and then when someone steps on it the pin realeses but would the paint come out? any ideas? please help!!!!!
Tippmann 98 custom
12 inch JJ Pro 1 Barrel
Dead on drop foward
expansion chamber
pen spring mod
12v Revvy w/ x board
Dead on 2x Trigger
Devil2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
^^^ Just got his fantasy fulfilled ^^^

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devil2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2005 at 8:22am
I don't think that would work. I think the grenade needs the impact of hitting the ground after thrown to go off. But I've never had the desire to use a paint-grenade, so I may be wrong.

The Evil Thong Girl had something called "Motion Lotion"...it tasted pretty good, I ate the entire contents of the bottle thingy..-Hell's Oracle
fastrigger81 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fastrigger81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2005 at 8:23am
i know but there has to be a way...
Tippmann 98 custom
12 inch JJ Pro 1 Barrel
Dead on drop foward
expansion chamber
pen spring mod
12v Revvy w/ x board
Dead on 2x Trigger
Devil2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
^^^ Just got his fantasy fulfilled ^^^

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devil2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2005 at 8:28am
Well they make actual paintball mines.. they take a little Co2 cartridge, some mixed-up paint, and you lay a tripwire.

The Evil Thong Girl had something called "Motion Lotion"...it tasted pretty good, I ate the entire contents of the bottle thingy..-Hell's Oracle
Nickodemus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nickodemus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2005 at 10:22am

OK, a simple search would find your answer and maybe that is why there havn't been many posts.

If I were to make a paintball mine -

First go to your local hardware store and buy a length of pvc pipe; same internal diameter as a 12 gram CO2 cartridge. An 8ft pipe will make you 16 mines. You will also need end caps, 32 of them. Don't worry PVC this small is cheap. While your still in the plumbing section get yourself a small can of "Rain-or-Shine" PVC cement. Head to the hardware section, you need to buy 16 sharp and long nails. You will understand what length after you read this. Get 32 O-rings that are snug around the nail. If you cannot find that try long sharp screw and then a washer/nut combo.

Buy some clear RTV silicon seal. Stop by an art store and get some of that cheap, water soluble non-toxic kid's paint. "Tempra" or whatever it's called.

It seems like a lot of stuff but the price per mine is low. You can make a bigger one by going to a wider pipe, but you lose hydraulic pressure because the surface area.

Cut the pipe into 6" sections. Glue end cap on one side. Drop in the CO2 cartridge. Glue it in place around the neck with the silicon. If you get good, make a little funnel out of silicon to help seat the nail over the puncture point. Now machine the other end caps. Drill a hole in the center that is the same diameter as the nail. Now drill holes around this one with the smallest bit you have. You can experiment with what works best - your making a sprinkler head. Tape over the holes in the end cap, then after you fill the remaining length of pipe with paint slip on the cap. Do not glue this one on, you will still need to arm it and even after that you can retrieve and rebuild these.

So to use them - be familiar enough playing on the field to know where to anticipate foot traffic. Work backwards in this bottleneck like you are mopping, so as to not have to go through your own minefield. Dig your little hole deep enough to just have the top of the end cap above land surface. A small gardening tool makes this fast and easy. Pop off the cap and remove its tape, don't spill paint, and set it in the hole. If you are crazy enough to do this while a game is going, hand it to your lookout partner. Put the nail through the cap so that only 3/4" or so is sticking out. Put two O-rings on the other side, inside the cap, against the cap. You don’t want the nail flying out farther then this and you want that big nail hole to have a good seal. Put the cap on, set it in the hole, do a quick little concealment job and move on to the next one.

Hopefully your opponents move as a group and you will be able to ambush and lay waste to them with your marker as they run through your minefield stepping on nail heads. You know, satisfaction for all the effort.

Think and give them all you have from the beginning, and never weaken!

crowmosly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crowmosly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2005 at 6:21pm
You could make a reuseable one out of pvc that is much cheaper to use with no co2 catridges. Just use a sprinkler valve and some other random hardware store stuff. If you want specifics e-mail me
Barnballer91 View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Spam 11-19

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barnballer91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2005 at 9:56pm
dude it is real easy to do my cousin is makin one and he aint the brightest crayon in the box
Mod 98 and an a5 tricked out
crowmosly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crowmosly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2005 at 10:13pm
here is my attemt to paste a picture hope it works

crowmosly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crowmosly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2005 at 10:14pm
nope didnt work a little help here? anyone?
crowmosly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crowmosly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2005 at 10:19pm
Wait... i may have had another idea with the tippmann grenades. Maybe if you wrapped them with bungie cords or alot of rubber bands it would apply enough force to make it spray. Just a thought 
x-mo-x View Drop Down
strike 3, language.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote x-mo-x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2005 at 4:31pm

crowmosly what you should do is just grabe the squad buster and take the pin of now the red cap should stay on if you can put a string on that and atachet it anyway you  can........( as long as it points to the victims path) well just the cap fliping off will trigger the grenade to fire in that direction

i did this very quick so corect me if im wrong.

Eyes up this one's for you!!! Brought to you by the Canadian Guy!!!
Paintball Grunt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paintball Grunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2005 at 7:21pm
throw a box of paintballs on the ground so ppl will step on em
I'm not going to call the hospital, because you won't learn anything if I do.
lester98c View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
i wish my title was "different"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lester98c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2005 at 8:50pm

Originally posted by Paintball Grunt Paintball Grunt wrote:

or aleast slip and fall

MT. Vigilante View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Captain America

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MT. Vigilante Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2005 at 10:41pm

Originally posted by Paintball Grunt Paintball Grunt wrote:

Apparently you have never played at a real "commercial" paintball field, there are balls all over the ground, you can't take a step without stepping on at least ten of them, so obviosly they don't count you out if you step on some balls and break them under your feet.

But I'm guessing you were kidding anyway.

Edited by MT. Vigilante
Join the XP Re-Revolution!
Paintball Grunt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paintball Grunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2005 at 9:11pm
ya ive played at a real pb feild and i know wut its like. i was kidding
I'm not going to call the hospital, because you won't learn anything if I do.
i type slow View Drop Down
I need a thesaurus. & Spam Strike 2 6/13

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote i type slow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2005 at 4:14pm

or what you could do is have water balloons with water soluble paint (dont ask me how to get the paint in the balloons) and then tie them up in a tree or put them in a tube and then have a trip wire that pops the balloons or tips the pipe

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic