Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Air Strikes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Aussie_bloke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie_bloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Air Strikes
    Posted: 26 May 2005 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by bluemunky42 bluemunky42 wrote:

has a plane ever been hit?

nah mate, they are too high and going way too fast, the field is on a slight slope up to a hill, so they fly a lil higher, we had the air force maintaince crews out at christmas for there break up party and they just laughed there arses off
bluemunky42 View Drop Down
Guested. Middle Finger post.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluemunky42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2005 at 3:28am
has a plane ever been hit?
Aussie_bloke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aussie_bloke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2005 at 2:43am
i work for a field here in australia and its pretty close to an air force field, now whenever we get low flying planes come over, we always get at least one clown thinking that they are low enough to hit with a paintball gun,

now my point is, if ur playing with people and send up a slow low flying rc plane, the temptation is gonna be there to light it up and blast the !@#$ out of it
The JP View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Flaming

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The JP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2005 at 6:37pm
sounds cool but not practical
$$$$Cash Money$$$$
woodsballrocks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodsballrocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2005 at 5:36pm
crap.  my plane only cost about 100, so its not as bad as a loss as it could be.  at the moment, ive got dual cardboard drop boxes on attached to the plane, each holds about 10 paintballs.  im trying to figure out a door type thing so the dont fly out before i want them too.
LordJovian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LordJovian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2005 at 12:16am

Well, in addition to the size of the plane, I know a little something about the bombing portion. World War II aircreaft used bombing sites, since all they did was drop the bomb out of the back of the plane (torpedoes are, however, different) and try to hit their target. Those drops weren't unaimed, mind you (except some carpet bombing- usually they had a few specific targets and just dropped a bunch of extras), they used bomb sites. It was basically two bars with tick marks on it. First, the plane had to be totally level. That means the pilot had to make sure the wings are level with the ground, and the nose and tail were completely level. Then,from the bombardier position, you had to set one bar to the elevation of the plane, and the other mark to the speed of the plane. There was a circular site on the speed bar with an arrow. When the target showed up in this site, you dropped the bomb. You have to basically form an elliptical curve- when you drop the bomb, it is initially traveling forward at the same speed you are. As it falls, not only does the forward speed slow down, but the bomb will begin to fall faster. The bomb would finally reach terminal velocity, or falling as fast as it can with no more speed added to the downward movement. It is very difficult to to this while in the plane, and exceeding difficult to drop it while trying to control it from afar and viewing it from afar.

Basically, it would really suck because you'd waste all kinds of grenades with horrible misses, and you'd have problems with pulling the pins (you could tie it to the plane, but this screws up the curve AND the flight path of the plane).

*edit*
However, a good air strike occured to me by accident. Some moron in the parking lot of the field I play at held his gun straight up (or something, didn't see who did it) and accidentally peppered our entire team before the game started. There were two breaks on masks, so it wasn't that great. However, on a side note, the same *explicative* shot in a circular pattern and nailed my car with paint. I was not very happy at all.

Edited by LordJovian
A-5
E-grip
Chipley Custom Carbon Graphite 16"
Evil Adapter(Spyder)
32 Deg New '03 XChamber
Remote Line
Gun Sling
Sniper f/x Stock
LPK
68/4500 HPA
R-5
CP Reg
JCS Duel Trigger
Impulse. View Drop Down
Banned for linkage to Doll Pron

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Impulse. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2005 at 11:59pm
There is no such thing as a cheap rc plane. To have something that would carry more than 20 paintballs would have to be pretty large. Let's say a pod full. That's alot of weight to strap under a plane. So you will need something big enough and big enough engine to get that aircraft airborn. If the aircraft were to strike a player and either serisouly hurt and kill them AMA (insurance) would not cover the pilot of the model aircraft. So you would have to have a large enough plane. Someone willing to take the risk. Overall, stick with people and markers.
CottageCommando View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CottageCommando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2005 at 11:03pm

yes u buy a cheap plane and program it to drop a grenade and then it blows up and takes out ur enemy

Building an Evil Empire... One piece at a time :)
bluemunky42 View Drop Down
Guested. Middle Finger post.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluemunky42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2005 at 2:05pm
not a bad idea, i'd like to see it happen. also you could use artillery. get a potato gun and stuff about 100-150 paintballs down inside a paper towel (loose, but wrapped enough to hold the paint inside the gun) and light that sumbtch up. it works, too, i've done it before in my occasional woods ball games. my best hit got 3 guys before, they were all within 10 feet of eachother and they all got pretty splatted up
gumball View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gumball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2005 at 11:00am
done that with my rc plane, wasn't to successful until i packed it with 500 balls, then it hit something, i'd rather shoot the enemy.
if it moves it becomes a target.

Tippmann A5
E-grip
smartparts all american

hpa fund: £12.50/150

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodsballrocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2005 at 9:37pm
oh yeah, it would be woodsball and my plane i hafta throw for a good take off, its got no wheels. so take offs arent a problem.  im not sure how i can fix it up without messing up the weight of the plane. hmmm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodsballrocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2005 at 9:35pm
well i thought it would kinda be like an WW2 plane, stay high out of ground fire and swoop low and fast for the hit.
Colonel 98 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colonel 98 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2005 at 6:40pm
if i saw it i would shoot it down. and i doubt it can go that high so it wont be a problem lol good idea though. 
crazy_dave View Drop Down
Strike 2, Filter Dodging.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazy_dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2005 at 4:45pm
no, no it doesnt. keep trying man. keep trying
Real guns have gills.
Hades View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2005 at 2:48pm
Hmm with the price of fuel what it is these days, to drop a 2 dollar paint grenade on someone seems kind of pointless...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote woodsballrocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2005 at 10:01pm
yeah, damn more complicated than i thought.  ill keep tryin

Paintball Grunt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paintball Grunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2005 at 7:42pm
haha. that would suck bein the 1 gettin shot at
I'm not going to call the hospital, because you won't learn anything if I do.
surfnbrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surfnbrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2005 at 7:39pm

shoot th plane and make it crash    helicopters work    

in some big scenario game i think skirmish the hired a heli to fly over and some guy wit 22 bps ramping as shoot at everyone below it was awsoum

Tippmann A-5: $230/ E-grip: $120/ JCS trigger: $32/ Tear drop Barrel: $35/   Bunkering you while using it: Priceless
Paintball Grunt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paintball Grunt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2005 at 7:14pm
or u could take a trampoline drag it in front of the other team jump over them and shoot...=
I'm not going to call the hospital, because you won't learn anything if I do.
LilDUB20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LilDUB20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2005 at 6:53pm
that sounds like a good idea but it will cost alot
i'm a straight O G in paintball
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic