Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Can I Use Compressed Air On My Tippy 98C?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinball-1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can I Use Compressed Air On My Tippy 98C?
    Posted: 11 May 2005 at 6:21pm

Hello, I was just wondering if I could use compressed air on my Tippmann 98 Custom. I noticed that in the cataloug it only said Co2 but I have seen people using Compressed air on their Tippy 98's already. If I can use Compressed Air what kind of tank should I get for it? Would a 47in 3000psi work, as thats what I want to get?

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Dustin

Mehs View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
An Hero

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mehs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2005 at 6:50pm
Yes, you can just screw it in, and it will work when your gun is stock, you won't need anything for it.  The output pressure of the tank is around 800 PSI, and that's the same for co2.  
[IMG]http://i27.tinypic.com/1538fbc.jpg">
Squeeze Box
the snipe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the snipe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2005 at 9:10pm
Yeah it will work stock ,and if you ever use nitro you can use that stock too.But I recomend a high presure kit too ,to make the nitro mor effective.
Mehs View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
An Hero

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mehs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2005 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by the snipe the snipe wrote:

Yeah it will work stock ,and if you ever use nitro you can use that stock too.But I recomend a high presure kit too ,to make the nitro mor effective.

That makes no sense, I think you mean low pressure kit.  It really doesn't help that much, it just makes your tanks have a little bit more shots, and makes your gun operate at a low pressure.  It's not worth the money.
[IMG]http://i27.tinypic.com/1538fbc.jpg">
Squeeze Box
triggerhappy1 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triggerhappy1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2005 at 3:22pm
All you need for HPA is a high-output HPA tank. Thats it. Please save up for a larger tank! Your better off not using it altogether if you get that size. Youll get under 450 max shots from it, just enough for a single game. You will regret it. Get a larger one like an 88/3000, or 68/4500.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic