Boomstick? Ultralite? or Other?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Poll Question: Boomstick
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
21 [80.77%]
5 [19.23%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A5Gunner24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Boomstick? Ultralite? or Other?
    Posted: 15 May 2005 at 9:09pm
Allright I have a poll here, I can't decide I want one of these 2 barrels I can get Dye Ultralite black for around $99.00 or Dye Black/Silver Boomstick for around $114-123 or other is a different type, but not to be J&J Ceramics or Lapco.

I am looking for a barrel that will work very well for a back player in either touraments (speedball) or regular recreation fields like woods or speedball, I want one for those, and by my looking I think Dye Boomstick or Dye Ultralite are the ones I want. I have saved up enough money for either.

I have the poll I want you guys to vote also feel free to post, suggestions of which one, and expierences or anything of them, and which one would be better and more worthwhile to get with my A-5.

Hope you guys can help!
SuzukiRider987 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuzukiRider987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2005 at 9:40pm
I'd go for the Boomy. For only $20 more than the Ultralight it is defiantly worth it.  It is much stronger than the Ultralight and maybe performs alittle better too.
   MacDev Militia
   Alien - Because winning is more fun.
A5Gunner24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A5Gunner24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2005 at 10:15pm

Boomstick is good only problem is it is suppose to be heavier and pickier on paint.  I dont know I might be leaning to the Ultralite because it is just like boomy, Does anyone here have a ultralite or know a lot about is it good?

I will go to pbreview also and compare boomstick and ultralite reviews. also

Edited by A5Gunner24
depackers91 View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Bad languge, read the rules

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote depackers91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2005 at 3:05pm
id go with the boomstick

but i would pay that much on a single barrell

id save up and get a freak kit
and10217 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote and10217 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2005 at 3:10pm

A boomstick won't be pickier on paint if you get a bigger bore. Don't get a kit, you might as well get a UL with a .692 bore and whatever lenght tip you want. Great combo.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A5Gunner24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2005 at 5:20pm

On a site you can get a 12" Dye Boomstick for $114 instead of $123 on most sites, also a forum for A-5 is sponsored by that place so if I get the qualififications I can get a 5% discount, mayb free shipping? not sure I could get the barrel for $108 around that. I think it is worth getting that from the Ultralite for $8 more is that good? Question

The only problem I dont know what bore size it is but my friend says it doesnt matter that much maybe I can email the store and ask what bore it is.

Pariel View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested - language.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pariel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2005 at 5:38pm
Get a used .688-.692 bore Ultralite, they normally go in the $60-$70 range. Boomsticks don't come anywhere near Ultralites-they're NOT any stronger, just heavier. Ultralites own Boomsticks any day of the week. I've used both very extensively on my guns, and the Ultralite in a big bore (my current is actually .688, but I'm looking for a .690) will shoot any paint on the market very accurately.

If you're interested in a kit, check out the J+J Ceramic Edge kit, they're really quite nice, and in your price range it seems. I think First Call Paintball has them. *EDIT* They do carry them, but their site is insane. I wouldn't buy anything but paint there anymore-didn't realize they updated.

Anyway, another thing you might want to check out is the Empire 4 piece kit, which ActionVillage carries(www.actvil.com).

Edited by Pariel

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A5Gunner24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2005 at 8:20pm

Thanks man for the advice, I might of been persuaded to get the Ultralite now.  I heard its a lot lighter, basically the same, so why spend more (also it comes in black) really I should probably go for the ultralite.

I will look at ebay and a few other places for boomsticks and ultralites but if I can't find any good ones I would proably buy a new one for $99.  But I will read some reviews from pbreview.com to make sure it is good and about it, then check ebay then I'll post back a decision probably

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A5Gunner24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2005 at 8:57pm

Allright I looked,

I don't know the Ultralite seems great, I like it but people are saying it can chip easily and it is fragile, and the boomstick that doesnt really happen. 

Im still confused about which one to get.  Didn't have luck on ebay I will probably buy new one.

Pariel View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested - language.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pariel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2005 at 6:44pm
The front of the Boomstick is the same thing as the Ultralite. The back is just steel, so it's heavier. The backs I don't think are anodized on Boomsticks.

Ultralite anodizing scratches(so does all anodizing, for that matter), that's true, but I've played about 10 hours with my Ultralite, and there's only one scratch on it, although I've worn away a lot of ano near the muzzle-still, you don't see it unless you look for it.

Having used both, I'd say get the Utralite.
and10217 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote and10217 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2005 at 10:05pm
You cant anodize stainless steel. Scratches don't matter, and I have a UL, and it's great.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A5Gunner24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2005 at 10:08pm
So the barrel your saying wont affect performance if there are scratches?
Revolution13 View Drop Down
Doesnt use brain.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Revolution13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2005 at 3:45pm
not unless you manage to get a really deep on or on inside.
Tippman A-5:
R/T
Freak Jr. Kit

Coming:
68/3000 Crossfire
D.O.P. Bullet Drop

Originally posted by Tae Kwon Doe-
"Good Kids" dont carry around .357's.
P!NK panther View Drop Down
Strike 2 - vulgar material (2/2)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P!NK panther Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2005 at 3:54pm

Originally posted by depackers91 depackers91 wrote:

id go with the boomstick

but i would pay that much on a single barrell

id save up and get a freak kit

Freak kits are actually a pain in the but. I would just go with an Empire 4 piece kit from countypaintball for 80. 3 backs with the most common bore sizes and a front. Its an awesome kit

Astroman1296 View Drop Down
1 strike, language. 5/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Astroman1296 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2005 at 2:10pm

The ULtralite is a good barrel but i think the bore is .688 not .690

I'm not sure because on ottersccustoms.com it says .690 to .692   and on pbreview.com it say it is .688.

I want to say that the guy on ottersccustoms has a more accurate barrle bore chart so go with that.

Has anyone found out what the best paint for the Ultralite is?

Workin From Seven to Eleven every night
It really makes life a drag
I dont think thats right
Ive really been the best of fools
Since Ive Been Lovin You
Im about to loose my worried mind
Pariel View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested - language.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pariel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2005 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by Astroman1296 Astroman1296 wrote:

I'm not sure because on ottersccustoms.com it says .690 to .692   and on pbreview.com it say it is .688.

I want to say that the guy on ottersccustoms has a more accurate barrle bore chart so go with that.

You're new here, so I won't get pissed, which was my initial reaction.

Ultralites are 2-piece barrels, 1 half is the front, 1 half is the back. The back comes in sizes from .684-.692, going by 2's. You can match your paint to the bore size of your Ultralite, and if you have multiple backs, you can match it for best fit.
Astroman1296 View Drop Down
1 strike, language. 5/20

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Astroman1296 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2005 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by Pariel Pariel wrote:

I'm not sure because on ottersccustoms.com it says .690 to .692   and on pbreview.com it say it is .688.

You're new here, so I won't get pissed, which was my initial reaction.

Ultralites are 2-piece barrels, 1 half is the front, 1 half is the back. The back comes in sizes from .684-.692, going by 2's. You can match your paint to the bore size of your Ultralite, and if you have multiple backs, you can match it for best fit.

I'm not knew here, i know the Ultralite is a two-piece but there were two different bore charts and were both giving different bore sizes......DON'T ASSUME THINGS!!!!!

Workin From Seven to Eleven every night
It really makes life a drag
I dont think thats right
Ive really been the best of fools
Since Ive Been Lovin You
Im about to loose my worried mind
slettec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slettec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2005 at 9:44pm

the ultralite and the boomstick are the same barrel.

the boomstick's just a little more durable due to the fact that it's steel, otherwise it'll have the same performance. really, get the ultralite and don't bang it on trees and cement, and you should be fine.

WGP orracle
cp flame drop
MACdev gladiator reg
Evil pipe kit
68/5000 tank
evlutionII w/zboard

A-5
ultralite
e-grip w/jcs duel trigger
45/4500 crossfire
LPK,cp reg
Drop forward
Pariel View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested - language.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pariel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2005 at 11:07am

Originally posted by Pariel Pariel wrote:

You're new here, so I won't get pissed, which was my initial reaction. Ultralites are 2-piece barrels, 1 half is the front, 1 half is the back. The back comes in sizes from .684-.692, going by 2's. You can match your paint to the bore size of your Ultralite, and if you have multiple backs, you can match it for best fit.

I'm not knew here, i know the Ultralite is a two-piece but there were two different bore charts and were both giving different bore sizes......DON'T ASSUME THINGS!!!!!

All of the things you said are obviously wrong:

You're not new here? Why does it say you joined April 7th, 2005?

Also, since the Ultralite(and the Boomstick) are both 2-piece barrels, the bore size changes, and neither one of those bore charts is correct. I'm correcting what you said, and being rather nice about it at the same time. If this was in the T&O section, you would have been ripped to pieces.

Trust me, you don't want to start fighting with me-it's a waste of your time, and you'll just lose.

*EDIT* And yes, slettec has a very good point.

Edited by Pariel

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A5Gunner24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2005 at 6:37pm

I have decided to get the Lapco Snapshot 14"

Edited by A5Gunner24
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic