Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cyclone 2.0

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LordJovian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cyclone 2.0
    Posted: 17 May 2005 at 8:58pm

edit

Edited by LordJovian
A-5
E-grip
Chipley Custom Carbon Graphite 16"
Evil Adapter(Spyder)
32 Deg New '03 XChamber
Remote Line
Gun Sling
Sniper f/x Stock
LPK
68/4500 HPA
R-5
CP Reg
JCS Duel Trigger
Monk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2005 at 10:03pm
The only problem I have, is solution #1.

What happens to the air when the washer passes back behind the porting holes....The air will become compacted and compressed, thus you would need a stonger spring.
LordJovian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LordJovian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2005 at 10:13pm

edit

Edited by LordJovian
A-5
E-grip
Evil Adapter(Spyder)
32 Deg New '03 XChamber
Remote Line
Gun Sling
Sniper f/x Stock
LPK
68/4500 HPA
R-5
CP Reg
JCS Duel Trigger
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2005 at 10:43pm
actually i believe the only source the air can leave the piston is back through the hose and out through the valve.

The very simple solution would be a QEV.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LordJovian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2005 at 11:45pm

edit

Edited by LordJovian
A-5
E-grip
Evil Adapter(Spyder)
32 Deg New '03 XChamber
Remote Line
Gun Sling
Sniper f/x Stock
LPK
68/4500 HPA
R-5
CP Reg
JCS Duel Trigger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LordJovian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2005 at 5:44pm
No more comments? I had to have missed more than that in my design idea...
A-5
E-grip
Evil Adapter(Spyder)
32 Deg New '03 XChamber
Remote Line
Gun Sling
Sniper f/x Stock
LPK
68/4500 HPA
R-5
CP Reg
JCS Duel Trigger
Nickodemus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nickodemus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2005 at 6:09pm

Sounds like a good plan.

In problem #2 you make it sound like gravity is a constant velocity, but it is an acceleration. g= -9.8 meters/seconds squared. Your solution for #2 could go a little further. I don't know what the blades you mentioned look like, but how about having the blades shaped to have a tilt like an airplane prop. Where the balls chamber have an angled feed ramp opposite the tangent off your blade. Then you wouldn't have to rely on gravity, the rotation would assist and screw them in there. Don't worry about the weight of the internals, the static friction they have to overcome is minimal and once moving the extra weight may help you with consistent torque like a flywheel. 

Problem #3. Think about raw materials, you don't want this thing getting too expensive. Injection molded plastic doesn't need expensive machining like metal, and it isn't too heavy. How about polished stamped aluminum with a good metal conditioner.

Think and give them all you have from the beginning, and never weaken!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LordJovian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2005 at 8:48am

edit

Edited by LordJovian
A-5
E-grip
Evil Adapter(Spyder)
32 Deg New '03 XChamber
Remote Line
Gun Sling
Sniper f/x Stock
LPK
68/4500 HPA
R-5
CP Reg
JCS Duel Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nickodemus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2005 at 9:23pm
Just a half baked idea but maybe if you shifted the feeding spot forward/up a slight distance, so you could have an angled feed ramp that is curved at the end to a straight drop into battery. Kind of hard to visualize but it would prevent the balls from smashing, by sliding them down beneath the blade. Good luck! I would enjoy some photos and a report once your done. 

Smitty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Murdock ... I’m comin’ ta get YOU!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2005 at 11:59pm
Overall it looks like a very time consuming, but great idea.  Good luck and tell us how this works out if you or anyone else ever decides to try these things.
twistedkev1990 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote twistedkev1990 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2005 at 1:15am
i think tippmann is making a faster cyclone system.  They kinda have to for the new WAS board for the e-grip

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LordJovian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2005 at 5:55pm

edit

Edited by LordJovian
A-5
E-grip
Evil Adapter(Spyder)
32 Deg New '03 XChamber
Remote Line
Gun Sling
Sniper f/x Stock
LPK
68/4500 HPA
R-5
CP Reg
JCS Duel Trigger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LordJovian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2005 at 7:37pm

This section got a little more action since I posted this, mayhaps I could get some more feedback (or flames).

1...2...3... Bump!

A-5
E-grip
Evil Adapter(Spyder)
32 Deg New '03 XChamber
Remote Line
Gun Sling
Sniper f/x Stock
LPK
68/4500 HPA
R-5
CP Reg
JCS Duel Trigger
Predatorr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predatorr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2005 at 9:04pm
have you started yet on the prototype?  Two somewhat unrelated questions.  Have you heard anything on the realease of the 98 cyclone?  and could you fit a cyclone to the 98?  I mean like just jacking one from an A-5 and putting it on the 98.  If not why and if so how? thanks and good luck. I'd buy one from you if you could make it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LordJovian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2005 at 9:03am
The 98C Cyclone is set to be released in July. The modifications I'm designing should also fit on the 98C version. Haven't prototyped yet- I have to wait for WAS to come out with the infernal board for the E-grip. Otherwise, I can only test up to 15 bps, which already works for the Cyclone.
A-5
E-grip
Evil Adapter(Spyder)
32 Deg New '03 XChamber
Remote Line
Gun Sling
Sniper f/x Stock
LPK
68/4500 HPA
R-5
CP Reg
JCS Duel Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nickodemus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2005 at 10:24am

If you raised the cyclone feeder, so you have contact on blade, ball, then feed ramp to guide the ball into chamber. The blade could not crush a ball because the ball would slip under it and down against the feed ramp (via contour), next ball could even help push it. Like I said, only a half baked idea.

My concern about your flexible blades is that they may end up to flimsy and need replacing, or skip balls in high RPM.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LordJovian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2005 at 2:04pm

edit

Edited by LordJovian
A-5
E-grip
Evil Adapter(Spyder)
32 Deg New '03 XChamber
Remote Line
Gun Sling
Sniper f/x Stock
LPK
68/4500 HPA
R-5
CP Reg
JCS Duel Trigger
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nickodemus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2005 at 8:45am
Good luck I hope it works! Maybe a Q-loaderish hopper tube to feed the cyclone 2.0 and keep the balls in it?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LordJovian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2005 at 8:58am
Huh... not sure exactly how to do that... a spring loaded plate above the feeding area?
A-5
E-grip
Evil Adapter(Spyder)
32 Deg New '03 XChamber
Remote Line
Gun Sling
Sniper f/x Stock
LPK
68/4500 HPA
R-5
CP Reg
JCS Duel Trigger
deluxestogie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deluxestogie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 June 2005 at 12:55pm
Is there, by chance, a preliminary spec sheet or doc on the Wicked Air Sportz (WAS) board?
Author of Counterspell: Guardian of the Ruins
www.dreamsplice.com
stogie@rippleworks.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic