Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Destruction of America

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 15>
Author
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Unit

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cedric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2005 at 11:39am
Locking the borders would only cause more trouble.

Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2005 at 11:40am
Locking the boarders is arrogant and stupid. It's a way for people to say that we are stopping a problem that doesn't truly exist. You guys like to point fingers at outsiders, when it's the laziness, and greediness of our own citizens that causes many of these problems. I say we should allow anyone in that passess screening, make them citizens, and for anyone illegal, it should be mandatory to pay them the same wages as employers would pay legals.
Bugg View Drop Down
One screw up and all screen names go

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2005 at 11:40am
Originally posted by Cedric Cedric wrote:

Locking the borders would only cause more trouble.
For illegals and mexicans.. yes

I live IN Mich, and our Candaian border at the bridge takes forever, but hey, thats better than letting bad people and drugs in
hwayhzrd View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Out Getting a Beer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hwayhzrd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2005 at 11:42am
Listen, I am not debating this with you anymore, Dune.  You are ignoring the points being made and picking pieces to attack.

I have said that YES, the immigration process is flawed and needs fixed, but you refuse to acknowledge it.

You are looking at this with emotion and not logic, and therefore do not seem amenable to having a prpber debate about this subject.

Why don't you take a break, calm down, re-read the posts that have been presented, and try again.

You are beating the same points into the ground and not addressing the counterpoints, so what is the point of continuing this?

Your mind is made up, and reason is lost at this point.
If I attack, follow me

If I flee, kill me

If I die, avenge me

Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2005 at 11:42am

We don't have high standards for citizenship, Bugg.  There is no particular requirement for citizenship.

What we have is a bureaucratic morass and a painfully slow process.  That is completely different from having high standards.

EDIT - boy I type slowly.

Edited by Clark Kent
bluemunky42 View Drop Down
Guested. Middle Finger post.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluemunky42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2005 at 11:43am
Originally posted by Bugg Bugg wrote:

Originally posted by Cedric Cedric wrote:

Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

I say bring 'em along.
I say kick em
out. If you see them runnign accross, throw back, and if they try
again, shoot them in the leg.

Perfect, because all we need in this world is more violence.

Violence isn't bad all the time. It gets your point accross when the other side refuses to have intellectual talks.

yeah it does.
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2005 at 11:43am

Clark's right.

Sorry hwayzhrd, I do see your points. I'm trying to fight the "lock the boarders" idea. I do believe there is a way to screen potentially bad people, but locking the boarders is not a solution.

hwayhzrd View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Out Getting a Beer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hwayhzrd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2005 at 11:44am
Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

We don't have high standards for citizenship, Bugg.  There is no particular requirement for citizenship.

What we have is a bureaucratic morass and a painfully slow process.  That is completely different from having high standards.

EDIT - boy I type slowly.

Yup, I tend to agree ... not only is the current process slow, tedious and difficult, it also is poorly designed and carried out.  The entire thing needs to be reworked.
If I attack, follow me

If I flee, kill me

If I die, avenge me

hwayhzrd View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Out Getting a Beer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hwayhzrd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2005 at 11:46am

Clark's right.

Sorry hwayzhrd, I do see your points. I'm trying to fight the "lock the boarders" idea. I do believe there is a way to screen potentially bad people, but locking the boarders is not a solution.

I do NOT want the borders LOCKED ... just better CONTROLLED.  People that want to be a part of this country are more than welcome, but let them do it LEGALLY.

When I say lock down the borders, I mean stop the hemmoraging of illegal aliens into the country, NOT stop the immigration process.
If I attack, follow me

If I flee, kill me

If I die, avenge me

Bugg View Drop Down
One screw up and all screen names go

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2005 at 11:49am
Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

Depends on who you ask Clark. Why do you think thousands are turned down weekly? We gotta have some standards that most of the world isn't up to. But I see your point, it isn't the best system, but it's better than nothing
Nickodemus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nickodemus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2005 at 1:15pm

Glad I missed this one, seems redundant and nasty.

If America is destroyed, I have enough cases of ammo to get whatever I need.

Think and give them all you have from the beginning, and never weaken!

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nickodemus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2005 at 1:21pm

I recently heard an interview with a european family that was trying to get green cards. The snag was that their children need immunizations to get into our schools. The family's religion didn't allow for immunizations. Americans use the same excuse to get exemption status all the time with this same issue. Seperation of church and state. They where told that if they pushed this getting the green card, their application will be put into the denied stack.

What do you all think of this? Stay home or go against your beliefs?

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nickodemus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2005 at 1:23pm
No offense to you home school kids.

SeaWolf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Doesn’t know who Big Al is...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaWolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2005 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by Nickodemus Nickodemus wrote:

No offense to you home school kids.

Let's hear it for the "edit button"!

sn0wie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sn0wie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2005 at 2:24pm

Originally posted by SeaWolf SeaWolf wrote:

Originally posted by Liquid3 Liquid3 wrote:

We are starting to sound a little too Third Reich for my taste. 

We are starting to sound a little too liberal for my taste.

Yeah, I"m with him on this one.  LIttle bit to liberal.

Felicibus brevis misera hora longa. dico ego procul vado procul per nusquam velum.
Devoco Ignis. Adustum orbis terrarum.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nickodemus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2005 at 2:36pm
Your right, I forgot this is paintball - supposed to be a bunch of wealthy white kids. Where's the representation... must be their logic doesn't pull through.

goodsmitty View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Childish Insults 3/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goodsmitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2005 at 3:00pm

You're pointing fingers and calling them terrorists because you've been scared into thinking it.
And whos been sacring us? The media, and mainly the liberal part

Your president, in order to win the election:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2005-05-10-ridge-ale rts_x.htm?csp=34

badsmitty had a whole thread on it.

I'm a big proponent of the current administration's five step plan to destroy our country:

1. Encourage companies to send our jobs overseas.

2. Inflame and insult the world's largest religion, known for radicalism.

3. Torque-off nuclear powers by calling them the "axis of evil."

4. Turn a $trillions budget surplus in the largest deficit ever.

5. Take away the rights of anyone who doesn't walk lock-step with the program and throw them in prison.

What would have happened if the indians had closed the borders 500 years ago? We'd all be back in our respective European countries.

Edited by goodsmitty
"Reading this thread, I'm sad to say that the only difference between the average American and the average Taliban is economic status."
-Zesty

Ejp414 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ejp414 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2005 at 3:03pm
Okay, I agree with Dune, Clark, and Hway. I do not agree with Bugg, and I do not think that I agree with SeaWolf, but I'm not sure.

What do you propose then, SeaWolf? Are you in favor of locking the borders outright? Do you oppose the idea of pluralism? Do you agree with the e-mail's speaker that there are intrinsic differences between races that cause, for example, Hispanics to suffer from higher drop-out rates?

I would try and figure out your answers from your posts, but so far all you've done is say, "We're too liberal," and "Use the edit button." Oh, and you pasted some chain mail, too.

hwayhzrd View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Out Getting a Beer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hwayhzrd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2005 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by Nickodemus Nickodemus wrote:

Your right, I forgot this is paintball - supposed to be a bunch of wealthy white kids. Where's the representation... must be their logic doesn't pull through.

I have to say, I am disappointed ... I expected better from you.

The discussion isn't going the way you want, so now you want to allude to snobbery and racism?

Really ... that's not the way to change hearts and minds.

Oh, well, it was bound to happen sooner or later in this thread.

I never lived in a ghetto, I'm white, and I never entered a country illegally, so I could not POSSIBLY understand ... what was I thinking??
If I attack, follow me

If I flee, kill me

If I die, avenge me

Hades View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2005 at 3:50pm
I dont have time to comment now but if you dont live in California how does this really even affect you? I dont see harm in illegals entering California. They are great for our economy.

I will get back to this later. Back to work for me.

Edit: I havent had the time to read the whole first post of the thread, Yet.

Edited by Hades

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 15>
  Share Topic