Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Which Gun is Best
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ion or Wrath

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youwish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ion or Wrath
    Posted: 05 June 2005 at 11:04pm
Ok, it is either one or the other. I am  looking at performance and reliability in these guns, which one is going to be there in the long run. i would get a new barrel and drop for the ion and keep the rest stock, about $340. I would purchase a new bolt and get my ram lightened for the Wrath and the rest stock, $350. And please do not tell me to just stick with my tippy.
hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2005 at 12:48am
I would take the Ion.
Kpoofs View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
strike1, filter dodge 8-7

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kpoofs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2005 at 2:41am
My friend has a Wrath. It works nicely, go for it. They have good eyes, and speed, great consistancy too, maybe +/- 4 at the chrono

I used to hate IONS, but after watching them being shot and played with more, they turn me on, and I appreciate them very much. Also a good choice.

Either way you'll get a good, reliable gun, but in the long run, I feel the ION would be better, but I coulnd't be certain. My friends Wrath doesn't look like it will crap out anytime soon.
I Have a B2K and a 98c.
GoTsKiLLz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoTsKiLLz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2005 at 11:29am
i got my Ion about 3 weeks ago and i luv it shoots fast looks nice and is compact just make sure u get a new feedneck and a new designs blade trigger. the barrel aint the best but hey what do u expect from a stock gun. so i say go for the Ion.

My DM7 and PM6. :)
98_custom22 View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Selling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98_custom22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2005 at 8:25pm
shot both stock and i must say i liked the wrath better
98% of ion owners think ions are better than any high end gun. If you would like to bonus ball these idiots put this in your sig.

me:
06 Nasty Nerve
68/4500 +47/3000
halo b
freak kit
Watari View Drop Down
Mmmm... Shiny Star... Mmmm....

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Watari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2005 at 8:48pm
I have not got to shoot a Wrath yet but they look pretty good for the price.

But my Ion has been working great except for some reg problems when I first got it but that was fixed by switching to HPA.

I would go with the Ion but thats just me.

Pariel View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested - language.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pariel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2005 at 9:30pm
I'd go with the Ion, as it's a true electropneumatic, and problems should be easier to troubleshoot and fix, plus, I've heard a lot of good stuff, and the ones I've shot feel good.
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2005 at 1:14pm
Ion
Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
usafpilot07 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FreeEnterprise's #1 Fan & Potty Mouth

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote usafpilot07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2005 at 9:39am
Go for the Ion, and instead of a drop, I suggest the Function on/off.  later on you are going to want a new feedneck, a new trigger(i suggest the CP one), QEV, and a new reg(I suggest the CP short reg)
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
ritzblitz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ritzblitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2005 at 5:24pm
Get the ion.
youwish View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youwish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2005 at 12:24am
ION it is, i will get CP barrel, CP trig, feedneck immediately, & just take the drop from other gun.
Bugg View Drop Down
One screw up and all screen names go

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bugg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2005 at 10:00am
Originally posted by Kpoofs Kpoofs wrote:

IONS, ...played with...
they turn me on,
Ewwwwwwww

I love my ION, go for an ION, they are great guns
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic