Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Air Through Replacing Bolt

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Monk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Air Through Replacing Bolt
    Posted: 07 June 2005 at 1:08am
Yeah, the air would just go up the feedtube.
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 June 2005 at 12:23am
boltless guns don;t work very well. And a large burst of air is more likely to break a ball. Bolt are much more gentle since they are in contact already when they start moving.

Take a tennis racket. Set a paintball on it, and swing it. No Break.

drop a paintball and swat at it with the racket. It breaks usually. Thats what a large burst of air would do.

And thats not even really the point of a bolt. The point of a bolt is to seal the breech.

Edited by The Guy
Sentinelz View Drop Down
Suicide By Mod.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sentinelz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2005 at 3:26pm

Make your 98 Anti-Chop(PM me) and the bolt won't even push on it as far as I can tell...

Truthfuly If I never had to use a squeegie... I still would use the swab to shine up my barrel a bit so the balls will go out smoother...

Edited by Sentinelz
warwingsaw3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote warwingsaw3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2005 at 3:19pm

Paintball bolts and other objects that shove paintballs out of the barrel at high velocities break balls.  Instead of a bolt, high powered air should shove paintballs out of the barrel, reducing ball breaks and greatly increasing bps.  Basically it would remind me of a high powered wind tunnel inside a marker.  This would be a great new invention and incorporation for WGP'S, Angels, Timmy's, Tippmanns, Smart Parts, and any other high grade markers like Shockers and the such.  No more ball breaks might put the sqeegee industry out of buisness...  ohh well.

Tippmann 98 Custom
Flatline
M98 SAW 249 SAW Stock (air)
Mil Sim T168 Reticle-
Intensified Tactical Scope
Tippmann Response Trigger
Halo B Rip
Tippmann Expansion Chamber
PMI Remote Line
Co2
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic