Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Palmer Stab+HPA+R/T = problems!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Strike 2 - Watch the language.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -=Headwound=- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Palmer Stab+HPA+R/T = problems!
    Posted: 08 June 2005 at 9:36pm

Ever since installing my palmer (male) stabilizer I've had problems running HPA. It runs flawlessly on co2 even without an anti-syphon as well.

As soon as I try my HPA on my 98 Custom R/T , it can't seem to put long strings of response fire like it would with co2?

You would think that switching over to HPA it would run even better!

I've installed everything correctly and it works, I got over 700 shots from one 16oz co2 fill the other week. It's running at 800-900psi, and my crossfire is said to have an output of 850 psi. But it is really hard to put long outbursts of cover fire out while running HPA and I have no idea why?

Please Help Me!!!         & nbsp; 

Tippmann 98 Custom
GTA Response Trigger
Crossfire 68ci 4500psi
Palmers Stabilizer Male
Halo Frontman Smoke LED
12" All American
Smart Parts Wood Grip
Grey VForce Profiler

The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 June 2005 at 10:34pm
HPA is already regulated coming out of the bottle. CO2 is still expanding. Haveyou tried taking off your Stabilizer? Right now Its doing absolutly nothing set at 800-900 f the output of the tank is 850.

How do you know its at 800-900? Are you guessing or do you have an inline gauge?

It just sounds like the R/T is starved for air.
-=Headwound=- View Drop Down
Strike 2 - Watch the language.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote -=Headwound=- Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 June 2005 at 1:57am

Yeah I have a bob long guage(up to 1200psi) installed on the stabilizer.My crossfire has an output of 850psi.

Its weird, I've had it regulated down to 700psi just to see if it was the fact that the reg on the HPA was being overworked (if that makes sense?)

I've also had it work amazing when there was only about 1000psi left in the HPA bottle running at 800-900psi? 

It's really frustrating, I think I might bring it in to my local shop to answer.

Thanks anyways, The Guy

Tippmann 98 Custom
GTA Response Trigger
Crossfire 68ci 4500psi
Palmers Stabilizer Male
Halo Frontman Smoke LED
12" All American
Smart Parts Wood Grip
Grey VForce Profiler

cus98tom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cus98tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2005 at 9:41pm

you did not mention if you have a low pressure kit. If you don't your 98 will operate as low as 600psI, usually a litte higher psi. With HPA the bottle is regulated at 800 - 850 psi there is not a sufficiant drop in pressure to opperate without starving.Basically an air traffic jam is occuring.This is the simple explanation , go to the Palmers web site they explain the whole thing.

hope this helps

Onimusha22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Onimusha22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2012 at 8:55am

Okay the R/T is using the blowback from the CO2, HPA does not waist air like the CO2. Now the standard operating pressure for the Tippmann 98 is between 800-850 psi. If you stabilizer is set at 700 or lower you may be starving the maker. Palmer sell a high pressure kit for its stabilizers, it will increase the pressure to 900 psi. By doing this you should be able to get your maker to work properly with either CO2 or HPA.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic