Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Front Grip busted off my A-5

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ahnos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Front Grip busted off my A-5
    Posted: 13 June 2005 at 1:14pm

The first time I used this gun after I bought it, I was crawling through the grass, holding my A-5 in one hand and must have bumped the front grip handle on the ground, stick, or root because it busted off.

Anyone else have this problem?  I noticed that the difference between my A-5 and my friends older version is that this handle screws into an adjustable slot whereas his handle screws into a non-adjustable but much more stable extension of the gun itself.  The actual casted side of the slot busted out (it didn't just come unscrewed) making it forever unusable and I had to return it.

I imagine this is uncommon but wondered if anyone else has had this problem.  This is a potential stress point in the gun and could be fixed in future builds.

I will just buy another A-5 for now, I guess.

Edited by Ahnos
hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2005 at 1:41am

You are crazy for buying a whle new gun just because of a broken part.

Bill buys a car. Bill drives it twelve thousand miles, and gets a flat tire while he was driving it around his block. Bill gets lazy, and decides to plunk down a chunk of change for a new car, rather than repplacing the tire.

Not too smart, huh? Call/email Tippmann, and I'm sure they cam hook you up with a new handle.

Ahnos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ahnos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2005 at 5:46pm

Ha Ha, I guess i didn't make myself very clear.  It wasn't just the handle that busted.  The actual slot that it screws into (casted metal on the gun) is what busted.  I can no longer screw a handle into the slot.  The iron the gun was cast from split in two big chunks and fell off the gun.  Kind of like breaking the handle off a cast iron cooking pan.  I guess you could still use the pan but it sure does suck without a handle.

I returned the gun and got my money back, so now I am re-purchasing the gun and being a little more cautious with the handle.

No no, I am not just buying another gun....I am using the same money to repurchase it.  I still think it is a good gun.  Funny

Millslane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millslane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2005 at 5:59pm
thats better. i would have to assume that whatever happened to your gun was a fluke and won't happen again. may be a different front grip like the ones special ops makes could be something that intrests you. having a grip for you hand and it being flat with no possibility of enough force or leverage to snap it off.
www.pbteamwow.com
hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2005 at 6:37pm
Wow. I see what you mean now.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic