Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Upgrades and Customizing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Remote Line or Expansion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pball Freak6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Remote Line or Expansion
    Posted: 16 June 2005 at 12:00am
Which would be better for a response trigger.  I have a friend who says remote lines make your gun unbalanced but I'm still not sure on what to get.          Thanks
rossy11223 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossy11223 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2005 at 12:33am
It depends on what you play. If you play woodsball get the remote because it acts like an expansion chamber and gets the weight of the c02 tank off your gun. I'm not sure if it makes your gun unbalanced... Expansion chambers are good though too. It all depends on personal preferance and how you play.
hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2005 at 1:06am
Only get the remote if you have a place to put your tank...
ninety8freak View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
I have two kinds of wet in my pants

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ninety8freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2005 at 1:44pm
remotes feel weird and are kinda worthless. but, im still not convinced the expansion chamber is worth it. ur choice.
tippman666 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippman666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2005 at 2:35pm
remote lines do nothing but prove that your too weak to carry your gun

i shoot an SL-68II
rossy11223 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossy11223 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2005 at 2:41pm

Originally posted by tippman666 tippman666 wrote:

remote lines do nothing but prove that your too weak to carry your gun

Since when? Remotes are great to use epecially in woodsball when you are crawling around. They also act as an expansion chamber so you get a way to get your tank off the gun and and expansion chamber all in one.

You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2005 at 2:47pm
Neither. If you're going to upgrade your air source don't waste your time like I did with the X-CHamber, go straight for the Palmers Stabalier.
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger
DOP X-CORE 8 stage x-chamber
Lapco Bigshot 14" Beadblasted

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
Railvent View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Railvent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2005 at 4:34pm
 you should get a remote because it takes a lot of wieght off your gun  i have one and it works great
Tippmann A-5
Flatline
R/T
Spira grip
PsychoBallistics Drop
LAPCO duel offset rail
scope/JCS RIS 3 rail kit
EriK6 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EriK6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2005 at 5:08pm
Get a remote line.
tigman250 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigman250 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2005 at 6:51pm

Originally posted by You Wont See Me You Wont See Me wrote:

Neither. If you're going to upgrade your air source don't waste your time like I did with the X-CHamber, go straight for the Palmers Stabalier.

yeah what he said. i wish i had gone palmers right away and forgot about the x-chamber

paint slinger View Drop Down
Stike One - Dont Ask for CD Keys Here.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paint slinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2005 at 7:28pm

get the remote...it acts as both a expansion chamber and it takes the weight off your gun..... it also makes you gun more compact by allowing you to put your gun closer to your body

My Setup
98 Pro-with ape board
14" Tear Drop
Dye stickys
32 Degrees Rear Velocity Adjuster
egg with y-board
12vt Revvy with X-Board
Sanded Trigger
homemade magnetic trigger
tippykj98c View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippykj98c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2005 at 10:57pm
well first what do u play?? speed or woods ball? but if i had to choose i would say remote.i had a x-chamber. then i was introduced to a remote. i changed my x-chamber to the the remote and loved it rightaway. but it all depends on what u play.
tippman rules
A-5 08 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

The mob rules!!! Get the pitchforks!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5 08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2005 at 11:42pm

True dat. My X-Core * stage is the only reason I don't have HPA or a Palmer Stabilizer yet.

Palmer Stabilizer is the best investment.
Ty Guy21 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ty Guy21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2005 at 11:16am
i'd say remote bc it serves as an x chamber and its more comfortable to carry ur gun
M98:
GTA 14" barrel
PMI coiled remote
Dead On custom front grip
Dead On RVA
Dead on Rocket Cock II
32* Sight Rail
Dye Stickies
PROLITE:
14" Sniper barrel
Millslane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millslane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2005 at 11:47am
get the remote with sidecheck on it. cannot stress that enough.

remots are great for making you marker lighter. make sure you have a vest or harness to put the tank in. i have never gotten snagged on a tree or bush with mine so ignore people who say thay. its a great investment. like it was said above, remotes are like expansion chambers so you get that plus a lighter gun and more mobility. 2 for 1.
www.pbteamwow.com
Nickodemus View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nickodemus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 June 2005 at 11:51am

Yep. I agree. Unless you know you will only ever use CO2, then get a cheaper X-chamber. Go with the Palmers and leave yourself some room to upgrade, your HPA tank will follow you to your next marker.

As for the remote in woodsball. Who thinks that is a good idea? I think some of you are backwards and I question your playing experiences. When I played with my remote I was getting my huge tank weilding harness and remote snagged on dense brush. Putting the tank on the marker, with a drop forward, made my woodsgames better. The cover is usually smaller in woods! The field is just bigger. Save the remote and big harness for when you are on the speedfield. The cover is usually bigger obstacles that you can hide everthing behind, and you will want your marker lighter so that you may quickly poke out with grace.

edit: If your not getting snagged on brush, are you really in the "woods." If you stick to the trails, you have bigger problems.

Edited by Nickodemus
Think and give them all you have from the beginning, and never weaken!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic