Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Which Gun is Best
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

decent gun for 400

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Guested - Little idiot flamer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **spartan117** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: decent gun for 400
    Posted: 27 June 2005 at 12:49pm
i am having a crisis, i cant decide whether to keep my model 98 and pimp it, pimp a custom or a custom pro, or sell all of my stuff and get a gun for like 300-400 mabye. give me advice please!!

BIG PIMPIN!!BIG PIMPIN!!BIG PIMPIN!!BIG PIMPIN!!BIG PIMPIN!!BIG PIMPIN!!BIG PIMPIN!!BIG PIMPIN!!shizam
You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2005 at 3:19pm
Ion/HPA/Hopper
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger
DOP X-CORE 8 stage x-chamber
Lapco Bigshot 14" Beadblasted

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
awblah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote awblah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2005 at 4:10pm

Originally posted by You Wont See Me You Wont See Me wrote:

Ion/HPA/Hopper

If your going speedball then yes.  Even if you arent what i would do is sell it anyways and get an A-5 because you can dabble in both woods and speed when you trick that out. plus if you buy either, if you have 400$ you will have tons of money to trick it out

drumlinefreek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drumlinefreek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2005 at 4:47pm
Go with an ion, it is a good gun in speedball, but still a decent gun in woodsball, with the different body colors.
A-5
J&J 14"
Double trig

Outkast Sniper II- rolling with the pump world
You Wont See Me View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Found in Big Al’s underwear drawer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Wont See Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2005 at 5:47pm
Ions fine for woods, I'm selling my A-5 to get mine and all I play is woods.
A-5
E-Grip
JCS Dual Trigger
DOP X-CORE 8 stage x-chamber
Lapco Bigshot 14" Beadblasted

Optional setup:
R/T
Dead on Blade trigger
**spartan117** View Drop Down
Guested - Little idiot flamer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **spartan117** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 June 2005 at 6:25pm
thanx i ll think about it

BIG PIMPIN!!BIG PIMPIN!!BIG PIMPIN!!BIG PIMPIN!!BIG PIMPIN!!BIG PIMPIN!!BIG PIMPIN!!BIG PIMPIN!!shizam
98_custom22 View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Selling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98_custom22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2005 at 11:28am
get a evil pimp. just because the name is cool and its a cool looking gun
98% of ion owners think ions are better than any high end gun. If you would like to bonus ball these idiots put this in your sig.

me:
06 Nasty Nerve
68/4500 +47/3000
halo b
freak kit
Killgore View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Mr. Patience

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Killgore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2005 at 1:00pm
If i had $400 and played mainl speed-ball or at Pay fields i'd get this Link
Tippmann_Werks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tippmann_Werks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2005 at 5:22pm

Ions are fine and dandy until you're forced to take it off its ramping...after that, i'd like to see someone hit over 12 bps on it....consistantly that is. 

I'm not a fan of Ions for that reason, and also for the reason that i've had to take one apart, fix a leak problem, and put it back together.  It is one of the most complicated things I've ever seen inside, and when you do take it apart, you have the joy of messing with the thin clear tubes that make me hate cockers as well.  Just take it apart, hook up the air, then touch this tube, you'll see what I mean.

I'd "recommend" the Pro, because its cheap, has a decent rate of fire, and...well, I know this sounds cheesy, but, get it because its a Tippmann.  I'm selling off my Dynasty to get one of these buggers, that should show something I hope.

Unofficial Tippmann On-Field Spokesperson
-Bunkering Non-Tippmann users since 1999
Dye Playa View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested- Reposted Inapropiate Link.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dye Playa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2005 at 6:23pm
u can get a matric LED/LCD for like 500. but i would get an ion if u dont wanna spend that much.
sinisterNorth View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
1 strike, language, 10/3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sinisterNorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2005 at 1:20pm

Look into a used 03 vf cocker. They're awesome guns that can be used for woods and speedball. They go for pretty cheap on Ebay and you could use the extra $$$ for upgrades.

Or you could get an Ion...

Pumpker'd; (V.) When a pump player runs up and shoots you at point blank range because you thought 20bps made you good.
98_custom22 View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Selling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 98_custom22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 July 2005 at 1:21pm
get a wrath over the ion
98% of ion owners think ions are better than any high end gun. If you would like to bonus ball these idiots put this in your sig.

me:
06 Nasty Nerve
68/4500 +47/3000
halo b
freak kit
tippmann ruler View Drop Down
Strike One. Filter Dodging.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippmann ruler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 July 2005 at 7:45pm
pimp the livin crap outa ur 98c get it a paint job and everything buy a little plak that ses the pimpim paintballa and put it on the side of ur gun bro
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic