Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

12hour Game

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ivan_Issacs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 12hour Game
    Posted: 14 July 2005 at 11:46am

I own about 40 acres of "farm land". well most of it is covered with trees. my friend wants to have a 12 - 24 hour game but he and i have no ideas can anyone help?

Baldey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 July 2005 at 1:10pm

Hrrmmmm... how many people you got?

If you dont have many, it kinda hard to have a 12 hour game with 2 ppl... i mean not a boring one .

Id say get 40 or so people, and have a free for all! If you have less then 10 people, id say ur gona have a pritty boring 12 hour game. if thats the case tho, not a lot fo people, why dotn you just have 12 1 hour capture the falg games on say a 3 acre section... much funner that way :P

Predatorr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predatorr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2005 at 1:52pm
yeah get as many people as possible, get firecrackers, bottle rockets, and fireworks avaliable.  Get smoke grenades everything.  Just have any game types you can think of.  Its really fun
Klaus View Drop Down

Strike 1 - Filterdodge - 7/21

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klaus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2005 at 2:35pm
Serve food, have water, and...if electricity is aviliable, hook up a tv, and dvd player in a big tent so people who are out aren't stuck with nothing to do for an hour
Predatorr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predatorr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2005 at 9:05pm

good idea!

\\mercenary// View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote \\mercenary// Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2005 at 4:39pm

i made up this game.  havent tried it out yet, but i made it as a night scenario game.  smoke grenades would be cool to use as concelment in the game.

Generals

Teams must check into several checkpoints, the problem is, they all have to check into the same ones.

Teams

- Two 10-man teams or two even teams.

Two players from each team will be a general, and two players from each team will be a medic.

Suggested Time Limit

One hour. The time limit can be changed to accommodate variations in field size, cover, number of players, etc.

Setting Up

1. Four checkpoints (bases with bunkers) are spaced throughout the field. Each is clearly marked with a glow stick(s) that is a different color than both teams.  Below the glow stick at each checkpoint, there is a marker (pen) hanging from a string.  Each checkpoint has different color marker (pen).

2. Each general has a card attached to his wrist (a playing card will do) by a string, rubber band or elastic band.

3. Each team starts near a checkpoint.

4. OPTIONAL  Each team will have a certain color glow stick that all members of that team must wear.  One glow stick per person.

5. Each general will have a whistle.

Rules 

1.      Generals cannot change during the game.

2.      All players must have their team’s glow stick fully visible on the front or back of their torso.

2.       Players who are eliminated must stay where they were hit.

3.   All players must begin the game at their flag station (or assigned starting point) and cannot leave that area until the game begins.

4.       Players who are eliminated are temporarily out of the game (unless touched by a medic).

5.       Players who are eliminated may not, by word or gesture, indicate any intentions or locations of the opposing team members.

6.       Medics cannot heal themselves, but can heal any other team member any number of times by touching the eliminated player

Winning

One general must mark his card with the markers (pens) at all the checkpoints.  He must then blow his whistle to end the game.

Tactical Advantage

This shows you that sometimes the objective is more important than mixing it up with the other team. When you are marking your card (when you are a general), set up a circular defensive position around the checkpoint. You should all be facing outwards. This way if you get attacked, you're not all gaggling around the checkpoint.

This is an excellent night game scenario. People are very cautions about moving around. The last thing you want is to stumble on the other team! For night game scenarios, it's best to have the velocity cut down to about 220 feet per second (fps).

98 Custom
14" Werks Barrel
DOP Bullet drop forward
TippmannPro13 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TippmannPro13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2005 at 5:16pm
Wow I didn't read all that but sounds good.

tippmann user View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippmann user Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2005 at 12:19pm

get as many people as possible and open up the whole area.. but u ahve to have at least 40 people and make it like CTF or sum sort of objective game but if u play CTF it has to be push lol!

CTF push is the best game ever

tippmann user View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippmann user Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2005 at 12:21pm

and smoke gernades would be a handy thing to have in that big of an area lol throw them infront of a bunker and then move around them  and then u unload on them XD its really fun

TruePaintballer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Spam 11-19

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TruePaintballer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2005 at 10:44am
Originally posted by Ivan_Issacs Ivan_Issacs wrote:

I own about 40 acres of "farm land". well most of it is covered with trees. my friend wants to have a 12 - 24 hour game but he and i have no ideas can anyone help?

where in Canada are you?

Outlaws
*Sponsors*
Abrika
Vraptor View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Spamming 11/1

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vraptor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2005 at 3:57pm

I also made a game called

Normandy

Eache team has 9+ players.

A Non-player drops people off at various places along a road blindfolded. Upon Destination the blindfold is removed and they must make their way to their team and eliminate opponents. A go-cart outfitted with guns (found here... http://www.specialopspaintball.com/articles/razorback.asp ) Is readily available. This is a 3-4 day game

My review on the JT headshield:
http://www.pbreview.com/products/reviews/?prod=2390&sort=new

Tippmann A-5
Remote
Flatline
RT
Car stock
Pocket Lint View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pocket Lint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2005 at 12:29am

WoW, nice ideas! keep em coming, so i can suggest them to some people. I like //mercenary\\ idea.      

im really new to this, but an attack/defend game would be fun!

Just have one side well bunkered up! i mean place the bunkers so awsomely good, that the defenders can walk around somewhat safely. Then have a few well places bunkers scattered along the field leading up to the defenders base. if possible, make the defenders base uphill, so they have the shooting advantage. The attcking team should have more players.

Objectives: Eliminate oppising team! or One Flag CTF, attackers must bring defenders flag home.

Hostage, have a man from attacking, in defenders base, attackers must secure the hostage.

Shpoogi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shpoogi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2005 at 11:37pm

I don't know what Capture the Flag Push is but I have thought up a Capture the Flag game that I think will be fun.

You have a well defined boundary, and within the boundary there are two main forts with a flag in each (one for each team).  There are various bunkers and strong holds that allow for a strategic advantage if taken and held.   Outside of the boundry are two jails (for lack of a better word).  Once a player is hit he/she is required to WALK to the jail, wait a minute or so,  and then WALK back to to a designated entry point.  Idealy the jails would be on opposite sides of the field.  Once entered into the field of play they can move as they wish.  Due to the recycle, instead of elimination, of players, each player would have relativly equal playing time, they may tend to be more aggressive in combat (allways a plus) due to the fact that they will never be eliminated from the game, and the only way to when is to get the other teams flag to your fort.  This would be signifyed by an air horn, purchased for less than five bucks at Wal-Mart.

Let me know what you think.

Edited by Shpoogi
Real men play woods ball.
Pocket Lint View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pocket Lint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2005 at 7:31pm
sounds like your basic CTF game, with respawns, played it my first day, it was pretty fun.
Lt. Paint View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lt. Paint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2005 at 9:34pm
have a full out war scenario. get smoke grenades and everything.
It is not often i find one worthy to fight
El Pato View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El Pato Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2005 at 1:35pm

What about; free a hostage.

You get a time limit before the hostage is been executed ( yeah, really!) .One of your opponents has the exact location( so you need to find him first ( shoot and rob him). then proceed to the place where the hostage is kept and hit anything but the hostage.The hostage is not to be shot by the hostagetakers untill time has ran out.

This game will require 20 + man and damn good communication.

98 CUSTOM
FLATLINE
RESPONSE TRIGGER
8x30 SCOPE
RED DOT
VL-REVOLUTION
VERY MALODOUROUS BOTTOM.
chubbchubb View Drop Down

Strike 2 - Spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chubbchubb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2005 at 6:17pm

Me and like twenty other guys had a night game up in the mountains.  It was on like 8 or so acres.  I can't really explaine what it is called but heres what we did.

We split up the teams to one defender team and one infitration team the teams were of set 3/4 in favour of the defenders.  The teams split up and headed oposite directions.  The infiltraitors were told to go about two acres out and then start a small fire so that the defenders would know there general location.  The defenders had a small base set up that they had to defend.  If the infiltraitor was shot he became a hostage. If a defender was shot he was out of the game and one infiltraitor was relised.  He would be given a glow stick and count to 200 while walking away.  If the infiltraitors got in they needed to get in the tent and set of the flare gun.  We started the game a little after dusk and finished in time to go to sleep just after sunrize.  It was a really fun game.  we had two extra scuba tanks each for air and co2.  we also had about 12,000 extra rounds.  We played in a hilled area. with thick brush.

IF A QUIZ IS QUIZICAL, WHAT'S A TEST?

What is "Spam"
ninety8freak View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
I have two kinds of wet in my pants

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ninety8freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2005 at 8:26pm

all of these ideas are games i have played.........

except the 12 hour one

Edited by ninety8freak
daviddab03 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daviddab03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2005 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by \\mercenary// \\mercenary// wrote:

i made up this game.  havent tried it out yet, but i made it as a night scenario game.  smoke grenades would be cool to use as concelment in the game.

Generals

Teams must check into several checkpoints, the problem is, they all have to check into the same ones.

Teams

- Two 10-man teams or two even teams.

Two players from each team will be a general, and two players from each team will be a medic.

Suggested Time Limit

One hour. The time limit can be changed to accommodate variations in field size, cover, number of players, etc.

Setting Up

1. Four checkpoints (bases with bunkers) are spaced throughout the field. Each is clearly marked with a glow stick(s) that is a different color than both teams.  Below the glow stick at each checkpoint, there is a marker (pen) hanging from a string.  Each checkpoint has different color marker (pen).

2. Each general has a card attached to his wrist (a playing card will do) by a string, rubber band or elastic band.

3. Each team starts near a checkpoint.

4. OPTIONAL  Each team will have a certain color glow stick that all members of that team must wear.  One glow stick per person.

5. Each general will have a whistle.

Rules 

1.      Generals cannot change during the game.

2.      All players must have their team’s glow stick fully visible on the front or back of their torso.

2.       Players who are eliminated must stay where they were hit.

3.   All players must begin the game at their flag station (or assigned starting point) and cannot leave that area until the game begins.

4.       Players who are eliminated are temporarily out of the game (unless touched by a medic).

5.       Players who are eliminated may not, by word or gesture, indicate any intentions or locations of the opposing team members.

6.       Medics cannot heal themselves, but can heal any other team member any number of times by touching the eliminated player

Winning

One general must mark his card with the markers (pens) at all the checkpoints.  He must then blow his whistle to end the game.

Tactical Advantage

This shows you that sometimes the objective is more important than mixing it up with the other team. When you are marking your card (when you are a general), set up a circular defensive position around the checkpoint. You should all be facing outwards. This way if you get attacked, you're not all gaggling around the checkpoint.

This is an excellent night game scenario. People are very cautions about moving around. The last thing you want is to stumble on the other team! For night game scenarios, it's best to have the velocity cut down to about 220 feet per second (fps).

hey thanks alot man. Me and my friends are gonna be hosting a giant scenarion and we couldnt think of anything for gameplay. you really saved our butts.

work=money=paintball=happiness=finding the girl of your dreams(who plays paintball)then finding out she's bisexual which then leads to 3somes.
PaintballkidEPS View Drop Down

Strike 2 - F-Bomb in Avatar (08/21)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaintballkidEPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 August 2005 at 8:13pm

ok well if you had a field like my scenario team plays at u should try this, ok

ok well have about 35-40people at least,

take say 20out of 35 and spread them around as terrorists, then have 5 hostages either spread out or in the same room, then have the remaining people as SWAT officers, they have to go in, take out the terrorists and then capture the hostages and carry them to the safe zone and also try to capture as many terrorists as possible

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic