Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Upgrades and Customizing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

98 pump

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predatorr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 98 pump
    Posted: 19 July 2005 at 9:16pm
kay ive got my 98c and i wanna make it pump.  Is there any way to do this?  If not how much is a phantom (good one).  Im considering going pump.  I really want to.  So can i mod my 98 or do i need to sell and buy a phantom?
Skillet42565 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1: Taunting Mods on Facebook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skillet42565 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2005 at 9:26pm
Youll probably need to buy the phantom...
DracoPlasm View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
What is a DracoPlasm anyway?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DracoPlasm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2005 at 9:46pm
I believe the phantom is around the $100 range but im not positive about that

pbdude985 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dude! Sweet! Dude! Sweet! Dude! Sweet!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pbdude985 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2005 at 9:51pm
yea it might be possible but would probally take a ridiculous amount of modding , not sure tohugh.  I would just get a phantom.
Predatorr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predatorr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2005 at 10:05pm
are phantoms good though?  Cause im not spending a rediculous $330 on the WGP sniper.
blackdog144 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackdog144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2005 at 10:41pm
phantoms are REALLY good, some of the best pumps out there....but if you dont sell your 98c and decide to mod it into a pump, please get pics of it, that would be really sweet looking.....but if that doesnt work, go for the phantom

Smitty View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Murdock ... I’m comin’ ta get YOU!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2005 at 10:53pm
www.pbnation.com has quite a few phantoms.
bluemunky42 View Drop Down
Guested. Middle Finger post.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluemunky42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2005 at 8:39am
Originally posted by DracoPlasm DracoPlasm wrote:

I believe the phantom is around the $100 range but im not positive about that

look at his sig
Giblin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Giblin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2005 at 11:31am
Why go pump what are the advantages and disadvatages to it.
cdacda13 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Yes, spelled secual.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdacda13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2005 at 2:57pm
Phantoms are a lot of money, about 300$.

There is a way to make your 98c into a pump. Search and you will find a link to a site that makes a pump kit for the 98c. I forget its name though.
deejuks2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deejuks2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2005 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by Giblin Giblin wrote:

Why go pump what are the advantages and disadvatages to it.
Giblin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Giblin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2005 at 4:54pm
/bumb

I realy want to know guys.
Predatorr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predatorr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2005 at 6:26pm
pump is way accurate, and the gun is lighter.  Also it shows real skill.  Any idiot can run out there with his fully auto 800 dollar setup but a true player will go out there with his pump and take one shot and hit him.
adriann222 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adriann222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2005 at 7:06pm
I have seen a 98 made into a pump, by altering the hammer to prevent recocking, using the barrel as a guide (for the grip) and connecting the grip to the cocking rod via an arm.  Wasn't pretty but it worked.
adriann222 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adriann222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2005 at 7:08pm

Originally posted by Predatorr Predatorr wrote:

pump is way accurate, and the gun is lighter.  Also it shows real skill.  Any idiot can run out there with his fully auto 800 dollar setup but a true player will go out there with his pump and take one shot and hit him.

Oh yeah, and pump is not "real accurate" most pumps are less accurate...hence the need for more skill...now phantoms or sniper cockers with freak kits...those are different, but diablos, hammers, and brutes are definately not accurate. (But very, very, fun)

pooperscooper View Drop Down
I’m not sure where to post this...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pooperscooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2005 at 7:10pm
Chuck Norris doesnt read books, he stares them down untill he gets the information he wants.
Mehs View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
An Hero

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mehs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2005 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by Predatorr Predatorr wrote:

They are just as accurate as any other gun. 

I'd buy an sl-68 II, a Tippmann pump, it's a great gun, very light, very durable, I think it's just what you're looking for, they run for about $80 on ebay, try driving around to local fields to see if anyone has them, because you might be able to get an old rental for cheap.

There was a pump kit that you could buy for the 98 custom before, I forgot where it was. 
[IMG]http://i27.tinypic.com/1538fbc.jpg">
Squeeze Box
hashi2008 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Racial Slur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hashi2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2005 at 8:07pm
  Pumps aren't any more accurate just because they are pumps.  If you make a 98 a pump, there would be no difference in accuracy.  And if you are playing with people, and taking them out with a pump, then they suck.  If you gave someone twice as good as me a pump, and I had my semi 98 custom and my Teardrop, I would tear them apart 9 out of 10 times because I could lay down more paint.  Playing with pumps is fun, but not when you are up against guns even as low end as spyders.
Founder of the "Forumers Against the Ugly Woman Sigs" also known as FAUWS.
Predatorr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predatorr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2005 at 8:13pm
hmm i was thinking about accuracy because of controlling the amount of Co2 entering the gun becuase of pumping.  Your shotrs should be more consistent though right?
Mehs View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
An Hero

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mehs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2005 at 8:49pm
From my experience, no.
[IMG]http://i27.tinypic.com/1538fbc.jpg">
Squeeze Box
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic