Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sear roller??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5Balla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sear roller??
    Posted: 20 July 2005 at 7:05pm
Ok how bout for all of us the manal trigger. We try to do all these trigger mods with the springs and stops. it seems to help a lil biut but is it a huge difference. from my experience its still pretty hard to walk the trigger with only those. Not that you can realyl walk the trigger with a manual trigger ne ways. (dont tell me to get a e-grip or ne of that crap) Well the majority of the trigger wieght(how hard it is to pull back) comes form the force of the bolt pushing aainst the sear which makes it harder to pull it down.

i have an idea butno way to build it. what if we put a rolling bearing (a small one) on the sear. that way when you pull the trigger it is much easier for the sear to "roll" off of the bolt.

Does anyone get what im saying ??? has anyone ever tried this?? what do you guys think of the idea just my idea!
** A-5 Balla **
Upgradeds:
Bone Stock

More to come soon

I am wanting to get the E-Grip and equip it with the new W.A.S board rated at 25+ bps
DOP blade trigger
HeadshotJester View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeadshotJester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2005 at 7:36pm
That sounds pretty sweet but what if the bearing happens to fall out while ur shooting and running? then ur screwed in the middle of a firefight

Vote for Stewie!
A-5Balla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5Balla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2005 at 8:25pm
You wouldnt be screwed becasue if it felll out the sear spring would jsut push the sear ack into place holding the bolt there still. see what im saying?
** A-5 Balla **
Upgradeds:
Bone Stock

More to come soon

I am wanting to get the E-Grip and equip it with the new W.A.S board rated at 25+ bps
DOP blade trigger
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2005 at 8:59pm

Could/should work.  There are cocker triggers/sears that have similar mechanisms (search "roller sear" on froogle) - I have one, and it made a big difference on my cocker.

If you can machine it, go for it.  If not, ask Enos and maybe he'll make one for you...

A-5Balla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5Balla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2005 at 12:14am
Thanks dude yea i really want to make one or have one made can u post a pic of this i just wanna see.
** A-5 Balla **
Upgradeds:
Bone Stock

More to come soon

DOP blade trigger
A-5Balla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5Balla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2005 at 12:17am
I mean can u show me a pic of this in ur gun! so is the bearing at the end where the sear pushes on the bolt or the other end that hits the trigger???
** A-5 Balla **
Upgradeds:
Bone Stock

More to come soon

DOP blade trigger
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2005 at 12:58am
Sorry but the cocker bolt and the Tippmann bolts are just way to different.

It wouldn;t work.
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2005 at 1:09am

Yes, the cocker and Tippmann systems are different (a picture of my gun wouldn't be helpful for that reason), but I still think this has merit.  It would cut down significantly on the friction as the sear comes down off the front of the bolt.  Hard to say how much of a difference it would make until you try, but I think this would be good.

Here is a picture of a roller sear for a cocker:

A cocker sear is backwards from a Tippmann sear - in the picture, the wheel actually rolls against the trigger.  On your Tippmann roller sear, you would put the wheel on the side that goes against the bolt.

I still like the idea.

A-5Balla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A-5Balla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2005 at 1:11am
yes exactly my idea i contacted enos shenk about building this i really want to try this because if it worked it woudl cut down the friction a lot. at least enough to make a noticable difference. 
** A-5 Balla **
Upgradeds:
Bone Stock

More to come soon

DOP blade trigger
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2005 at 2:25am
yes but if you used the roller part to hold back the bolt, then the bolt would need a whole redesign. Currently the bolt has a very small ledge for the sear to sit on. The cocker bolt has a whole post to rest against.

Even if you put a post on the a-5 bolt. It would mean a really long trigger pull, but light. Once again not making it walkable. And your still working against the force of the springs.

Its the force of the springs that makes the trigger pull so hard. Give your gun a little trigger job and you will be much happier.
Enos Shenk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
~-o@

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Enos Shenk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2005 at 6:01pm
Exactly what theguy said. If you put a roller on the bolt end, the roller would need to be so small to function correctly that it would be all but impossible to actually make.

Hell i dont know how they make the ones for cockers.
the_blade View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<esser is more

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_blade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2005 at 12:19am
what abiut remaching the bolt so that it where to fin in but still you are going to have to find a small roller to even be be able to fit and then maching out a small hole through rollarand the sear and while also its sturdy enought to support the inertia of the bolt.......
95 base neon 3.0 cai, knifedged crankshaft 60 mill throttle body,14 crane cam crane springs/retainers eagle rods port matched/ polished intake p&p head shaved .015 phantom grip diff dohc exuast
kid145 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kid145 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2005 at 1:27am

u guys have no faith  

maybe!!  it will work if u tried it...MAYBE!! dont blame me if u wreck ur gun though

m98(not custom) limited edition kameleon color

flatline

stock

spyder xtra
tippy279 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippy279 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2005 at 1:17pm
I still think it would work but you will have to make a fitting for the bearing also.
My guns name is Mr. Max in remembrance of my dog that got hit by a car: Tippmann A-5
Ricochet R-5
JCS double Trigger
Tippmann E-Grip
Flatline Barrel

Do you have the need for speed?
hashi2008 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Strike 1 - Racial Slur

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hashi2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 August 2005 at 7:20pm
 What if you put a notch in the bolt so that the roller fit in it, and had the roller only move a certain distance left or right?
Founder of the "Forumers Against the Ugly Woman Sigs" also known as FAUWS.
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 August 2005 at 12:34am
then you are defeating yourself. The purpose of the mod is to make the trigger lighter to walk. By this solution you would have a longer pull.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic