Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

COME HERE! Left hand hitting safety

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A5Gunner24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: COME HERE! Left hand hitting safety
    Posted: 26 July 2005 at 5:34pm

Im not saying all the time, but in one game once I am lefty and obviously shooting on the left side of the trigger on the side of the safety, in a massive firefight 2 againist 1 (me) I hit the safety with my side of my arm 4 times.

I was curious if I got the EGrip/JCS Duel Trigger would that eliminate my problem? (I want the egrip for increased speed anyways) The JCS Duel Trigger if I am not mistaken you have to push the trigger forward then press the safety button..

So even if the side of my hand hit it wouldnt it not go to safety? I was curious if what I think would prevent this problem from happneing.

Please post back here if you know the answer thanks!

blackdog144 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blackdog144 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2005 at 5:43pm
umm i think it will always go to saftey if you push the safty button

A5Gunner24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A5Gunner24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 July 2005 at 5:51pm

Originally posted by blackdog144 blackdog144 wrote:

umm i think it will always go to saftey if you push the safty button

I dont have it yet so I am not sure how it is laid out I know the regular trigger will do that, but there is something about the JCS Duel Trigger, which makes you push it up first then safety first (at least that is what I have heard).

PyROphantasie View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Language, Flaming 9/29

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PyROphantasie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2005 at 3:51am
flip the safetly button around so the push safe side is on your thumb side

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A5Gunner24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2005 at 11:16am

Originally posted by PyROphantasie PyROphantasie wrote:

I never thought about doing that, thanks I will try it and get back if it works or not.

Stormcharger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stormcharger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2005 at 12:09pm
Ignoring the fact that if you're shooting left handed your arm doesn't even come close to the safety, unless you're a contorsionist.  Simply train yourself not to do that.
tigman250 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tigman250 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2005 at 7:43pm

Originally posted by PyROphantasie PyROphantasie wrote:

won't work, i'm pretty sure the holes are diffrent sizes in the gun halves

EDIT- that's the way it is on the 98C not sure about the A-5

Edited by tigman250

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A5Gunner24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2005 at 8:40pm

Yeah it didn't work, I guess afterall it isn't bad it occasionally happens but only if I make a really really high jerk with the gun.

I think that is the best advice to train myself not to do it, because I noticed that is possible to do.

tippy279 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tippy279 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2005 at 2:25pm
Happens to me too just tape it so it doesnt move.
My guns name is Mr. Max in remembrance of my dog that got hit by a car: Tippmann A-5
Ricochet R-5
JCS double Trigger
Tippmann E-Grip
Flatline Barrel

Do you have the need for speed?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A5Gunner24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2005 at 11:07am
I dont think that is neccesary now, I was dry firing in the basement very fast, and I wasn't hitting it.  I am going to an indoor field tom. I will test it out to make sure it doesn't happen.
duffer1497 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duffer1497 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2005 at 3:15pm
as being a lefty my self we live in a righthanded world the only thing that you can do is to keep checking the saftey.I have the same problemespecially when im shooting my REAL guns my 9mm and my 40cal bolth eject the caseings either in my face or over my head nothing better than hot brass down the back.My 12ga pump is made by mossberg the shells hit me in the head about half the time but the saftey was made for any one point is lefthanded people are fine the rest of the world BACKWARDS
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic