Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Trenches

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Spam 11-19

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TruePaintballer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2005 at 8:14pm
be careful for (1) rain (2) people's health...but I think it could be a fun feature to play with
Outlaws
*Sponsors*
Abrika
RedLion56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedLion56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2005 at 6:20am

i have trenches at my local field and theyre great theyre about 4foot deep 3foot wide and range from 10-30foot long but they are never flooded 

A5
12"Bigshot
Pure energy 20ozCo2x2/AntiSyphon
32 degrees Black X_chamber
Pen spring mod
Polished Internals
sporx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sporx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2005 at 2:21am
Originally posted by RedLion56 RedLion56 wrote:

i have trenches at my local field and theyre great theyre about 4foot deep 3foot wide and range from 10-30foot long but they are never flooded 

well, where's your field at? Cuz here in MO, they would turn into mini ponds (possibly)
bluemunky42 View Drop Down
Guested. Middle Finger post.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluemunky42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2005 at 5:04pm
redlion, does it never rain around your area? perhaps your field throws tarps over them at closing?
Dead_George52 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dead_George52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2005 at 9:11pm

I play in oregon. At the field i go to, they've got 4' deep trenches with
1' of sandbags piled on top. They are the most excellent thing ever, and they don't fill up because the the trenches have mounds in the center that force the water to drain downhill, out of the trenches. They are awesome for WW1 recreation
G-Que View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G-Que Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2005 at 10:08pm
at the field i play at in rhode island there is a trench, well more like a hole but you know what i mean and it works great it doesn't even look like anything is there from about 10 ft away, cuz i fell in it so i stayed and people about 10 ft away didn't notice it till i shot them. and foxholes connecting one hole to another is always good too.
spiz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2005 at 4:12pm

There is a place called blast camp in hobart indiana and it has a field and the whole thing is a trench war

it is pretty cool

Razgriz Ghost View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Implosion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Razgriz Ghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2005 at 7:47pm
I remember one time when we were playing, I was chasing my father around the feild and taking shots at him and he was shooting back at me. Well he wasn't paying attention to the ground and he fell into this hole and I accidently shot him four times. Trenches could be fun, but also dangerous.
Mack View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Has no impulse! control

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2005 at 2:41am
Originally posted by Rambino Rambino wrote:

Apocalypse near Madison has a field with a series of trenches, actual bunkers, and a tower.  Interesting field, but it gets annoying.

http://www.apocalypsepaintball.com/fields/tower/ 

Just out of curiosity, why?

1milesniper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1milesniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2005 at 2:48pm
make sure the other team doesn't sneak up on you or get to close, because they could use the bunker against you( you would get murdalized)
Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2005 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by sporx sporx wrote:

i don't think the trench would be a good idea. i mean someone could really twist an ankle. if it rains...then ur stuck with a huge puddle on the field.
battle creek's tent field has a "trench" in it, but it's more of a river.  It gets flooded alot, but when it's dry, man that thing is fun.  I'd call it a trench, but it's actually pretty safe how they built it.  It's huge tho and you'd have to be blind to fall in it.  The only problem is the mud at the bottom of it.  once you get in, it's slow getting out and then you get lit up some times and you have to clean the mud out of your gun, but i still like it.  Trenches are just a new aspect to woodsball/scenario.  They just add fun and excitement and if you build them right, they'll be pretty safe. 
X
sneaky_sniper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - inappropriate link 01/13

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sneaky_sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2005 at 6:02pm
ya as much fun as that would b like mentioned above here im Missouri those trenches would soon be come artificial ponds, maybe  if u fill ur tanks with compressed air... and u can be a scuba diver and play under water
[IMG]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/sneaky_sniper/Invader_Zim.jpg">
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 September 2005 at 6:03pm
^^^lol, yeah, right.....
X
sporx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sporx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2005 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by Styro Folme Styro Folme wrote:

Originally posted by sporx sporx wrote:

i don't think the trench would be a good idea. i mean someone could really twist an ankle. if it rains...then ur stuck with a huge puddle on the field.
battle creek's tent field has a "trench" in it, but it's more of a river.  It gets flooded alot, but when it's dry, man that thing is fun.  I'd call it a trench, but it's actually pretty safe how they built it.  It's huge tho and you'd have to be blind to fall in it.  The only problem is the mud at the bottom of it.  once you get in, it's slow getting out and then you get lit up some times and you have to clean the mud out of your gun, but i still like it.  Trenches are just a new aspect to woodsball/scenario.  They just add fun and excitement and if you build them right, they'll be pretty safe. 

ya they do have a trench thingy on the woods ball course w/ the fort don't they? I forgot all about that. it's just a dryed up creek and ya i hate the floods.
I use it to crawl in to run up the side to people from the side of their bunkers/fort entrance. good times. good times.
Captain Jones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Jones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2005 at 6:48pm
My field has a trench around a tower with plywood across it the base is called vietnam village its good for defending the base but the tower is better protection with sand bags
Trgrman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trgrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2005 at 5:50pm
Where we play there's a trench that is actually a dry creek. It's 3'-5' wide and it goes from 1' deep to 5' deep at the other end and it's about 40 yards long. That trench is great and we've been playing there for years and noone has ever injured themselves in it. Whenever you have new players you need to walk the woods and show them everything they might need to know about.
skarshnik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skarshnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2005 at 1:49pm

I say just use a bobcat, dig out a big hole in like 10 seconds.

sporx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sporx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 September 2005 at 11:44pm
^ hooray for slackers!
CIA356 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CIA356 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2005 at 2:13am

Well to fix the problems with the puddle

the field that I work at dug the trenches using a backhoe until the who field was done.  Then they field them partially in with sand that way the water drains through ALOT better and it doesn't become mud. Its also softer.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2005 at 3:20am

but wouldn't the sand get in the marker and screw it up during desperate crawling situations?

X
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic