Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Trenches

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
TruePaintballer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Spam 11-19

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TruePaintballer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2005 at 8:14pm
be careful for (1) rain (2) people's health...but I think it could be a fun feature to play with
Outlaws
*Sponsors*
Abrika
meancoyote View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meancoyote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2005 at 5:38pm
id use my backhoe, digging with a shovel is kinda hard.
bluemunky42 View Drop Down
Guested. Middle Finger post.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluemunky42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 September 2005 at 2:45pm
the barbed wire would be coiled rope, i assume?
burntside View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burntside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2005 at 12:48am
I've always thought it would be cool to have WWI scenario games.  I think people would be forced to sling a lot of paint and find new ways to accurately launch gernades into their opponent's trenches.  Demolition teams could clear "barbed wire" in no-man's-land to prepare for enormous charges at opponent's trenches!
DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2005 at 4:33am
Originally posted by sporx sporx wrote:

i don't think the trench would be a good idea. i mean someone could really twist an ankle. if it rains...then ur stuck with a huge puddle on the field.

Picure this, you are running through a feild having fun shootin and such, and then... OMG! You have fallen! You broke your leg and now have a compound fracture and you can see your thigh bone!!! And yep, that would suck. Bad idea yo.
sporx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sporx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2005 at 11:15pm
i don't think the trench would be a good idea. i mean someone could really twist an ankle. if it rains...then ur stuck with a huge puddle on the field.
plasoccri View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Stupid Filter Dodge 5/2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plasoccri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2005 at 12:30pm

Originally posted by Darur Darur wrote:

Originally posted by vonfeldt7 vonfeldt7 wrote:

its hard to do, my friend tried it as his house...we ended up with a hole about 2 feet wide and 5 feet long (2 feet deep) lol not much of a trench...

What were you usuing? A garden spade?

The best technique is a pick-axe to loosen the soil and a shovel to pull the soil out. We dug a 20 foot long trench, 2 feet deep and almost 3 feet wide in about 45 minutes.

Same tecnique, but we spent 3 days... 5 feet deep, 3 feet wide, and about 50 feet long. Then the rain came and we learned the water table was about 2 feet, our drain system was no good.

Study how the WWI trenches were made, you can find diograms of them showing how the drainage was done. And check the water table, don't go below that.

You can go far with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun.

noob rymes with boob(noobest responce ever)
bluemunky42 View Drop Down
Guested. Middle Finger post.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluemunky42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2005 at 2:49pm
Originally posted by smexysadie smexysadie wrote:

its hard to do, my friend tried it as his house...we ended up with a hole about 2 feet wide and 5 feet long (2 feet deep) lol not much of a trench...
What were you usuing? A garden spade? The best technique is a pick-axe to loosen the soil and a shovel to pull the soil out. We dug a 20 foot long trench, 2 feet deep and almost 3 feet wide in about 45 minutes.

that sounds so much like a boy scout

he is a boy scout.
XxSpikeSpiegel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XxSpikeSpiegel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2005 at 1:41pm
One of the bases at the field I play at, Command Decisions Paintball, is a mock firebase, and the whole center tower is encircled by trenches. http://www.cdpaintball.com/firebase.html
PaintballkidEPS View Drop Down

Strike 2 - F-Bomb in Avatar (08/21)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaintballkidEPS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2005 at 10:42am
me and my team used a military E-tool that my team leader had, worked well we dug a trecnch about 20feet long 4 feet deep and 5 feet wide in about 3 hours
Rambino View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
I am even less fun in person

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rambino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2005 at 8:43am

Apocalypse near Madison has a field with a series of trenches, actual bunkers, and a tower.  Interesting field, but it gets annoying.

http://www.apocalypsepaintball.com/fields/tower/ 

[IMG]http://i38.tinypic.com/aag8s8.jpg">
smexysadie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smexysadie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2005 at 2:25am

its hard to do, my friend tried it as his house...we ended up with a hole about 2 feet wide and 5 feet long (2 feet deep) lol not much of a trench...

The best technique is a pick-axe to loosen the soil and a shovel to pull the soil out. We dug a 20 foot long trench, 2 feet deep and almost 3 feet wide in about 45 minutes.

that sounds so much like a boy scout

Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Stare directly into my avatar...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2005 at 2:02am

Edited by Darur
Real Men play Tuba

[IMG]http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/1859/newsmall6xz.jpg">

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!

DONT CLICK ME!!1
vonfeldt7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vonfeldt7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2005 at 1:10am

Edited by vonfeldt7
novice paintball help(If you own a tippy and your new to paintball, this site may help)
Jesus is my friend
DO NOT say"sniper"here!
rossy11223 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossy11223 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2005 at 1:52am
That would be sweet. I might think about digging some in our woods.
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Stare directly into my avatar...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2005 at 3:31am
On my friend's old field we built a series of fox holes to protect us as we climbed to the back of the woods and a really awsome trench that we could crawl through and have the perfect backdoor into the other base.  The holes could no be seen unless you jumped in them and the trench was invisable but still the other team found them and used them against us.  Be wary of their use.
Real Men play Tuba

[IMG]http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/1859/newsmall6xz.jpg">

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!

DONT CLICK ME!!1
hybrid-sniper View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

I feel violated.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hybrid-sniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2005 at 3:09am
My local field has a trench field. It works really well, lots of fun. Just be careful of drainage.
The Guy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Soup Can Guy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2005 at 3:05am
Be careful of drainage, they could probly fill up with water pretty well.

Also be careful of animals taking up residence.
Saint View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Rudeness - 7/12

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2005 at 1:04am
I have dug a couple foxholes out at my house, they're the perfect place to hide, when the grass gets long mid-summer, noone will find you.

First to play, last to stay. MN Militia.
SETUP
Tippmann C98
12" All American - Opsgear M4 Foregrip - M4 Mag Kit - Solid Stock
bravecoward View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
oxymoran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bravecoward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2005 at 12:48am
make sure you notice people about or its a surefire way to break an ankle
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic