Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Trenches

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Stare directly into my avatar...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trenches
    Posted: 17 October 2005 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by MeanMan MeanMan wrote:

Originally posted by Darur Darur wrote:

Originally posted by vonfeldt7 vonfeldt7 wrote:

its hard to do, my friend tried it as his house...we ended up with a hole about 2 feet wide and 5 feet long (2 feet deep) lol not much of a trench...

What were you usuing? A garden spade?

The best technique is a pick-axe to loosen the soil and a shovel to pull the soil out. We dug a 20 foot long trench, 2 feet deep and almost 3 feet wide in about 45 minutes.

45 minutes

crap, what are u a beast?

Its called muscle, go build some

Real Men play Tuba

[IMG]http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/1859/newsmall6xz.jpg">

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!

DONT CLICK ME!!1
sporx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sporx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 October 2005 at 2:19pm
Citizen Kane's avatar cracks me up!

well done.
Citizen Kane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Kane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2005 at 5:05pm
Chewi must have been helping him out

o.0
MeanMan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MeanMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2005 at 2:09pm

Originally posted by Darur Darur wrote:

Originally posted by vonfeldt7 vonfeldt7 wrote:

its hard to do, my friend tried it as his house...we ended up with a hole about 2 feet wide and 5 feet long (2 feet deep) lol not much of a trench...

What were you usuing? A garden spade?

The best technique is a pick-axe to loosen the soil and a shovel to pull the soil out. We dug a 20 foot long trench, 2 feet deep and almost 3 feet wide in about 45 minutes.

45 minutes

crap, what are u a beast?

hybrid-sniper~"To be honest, if I see a player still using an Impulse I'm going to question their motives."
sporx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sporx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2005 at 12:30pm
i guess trenches can have thier pros ans cons.
Rhino 91 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhino 91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2005 at 12:59am

I personally dislike trenches but boy is it fun to bunker people in them! There kinda like a building. You can't move around as well, but I've seen big enoupgh ones that you can use to your advantage. In general though I try to stay away from that kind of cover

rhino

Have Faith in God

Give me one bullet and your dead, give me a handfull -game over.
ANARCHY_SCOUT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
strike 1 1/24 rudeness to newer members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ANARCHY_SCOUT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2005 at 12:07am
haha you said trench hahaha ok sry im tired but trenches are no good for me. Not after last time
Gamertag: Kataklysm999
fungus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fungus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2005 at 10:23am

i think trenches are good i've palayed ctf in them and its great as long as you avoid the following make sure its dirt not sand and always make sure you know that someone isnt on the other side before you charge over you will regret not checking

O.F.Fascist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O.F.Fascist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2005 at 2:04am

With trenches it can be good to put some pieces of plywood on the floor of it to keep it from getting torn up too much.

Edited by O.F.Fascist
O.F.Fascist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O.F.Fascist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2005 at 2:03am

Originally posted by Styro Folme Styro Folme wrote:

but wouldn't the sand get in the marker and screw it up during desperate crawling situations?

No more so than with a gun, you got to maintain an awareness with where you are sticking your barrel.

Citizen Kane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Kane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2005 at 12:13pm

Originally posted by DBibeau855 DBibeau855 wrote:

Originally posted by sporx sporx wrote:

i don't think the trench would be a good idea. i mean someone could really twist an ankle. if it rains...then ur stuck with a huge puddle on the field.

Picure this, you are running through a feild having fun shootin and such, and then... OMG! You have fallen! You broke your leg and now have a compound fracture and you can see your thigh bone!!! And yep, that would suck. Bad idea yo.

Seen in happen when me and some buddies were dirt jumping...Not a pretty sight.

Trenches are a good idea if people know were they are...But if you run a feild with new people ALWAYS rolling in for drop ins..They have no idea because it's their first time...May wanna put some flags or a warning somewere by the trench...Because I've seen a leg being broken before...Not fun.

o.0
HITMAN 4 HIRE View Drop Down
Strike 1 - Spam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HITMAN 4 HIRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2005 at 7:45pm

I think trenches are nice.

Because I can.
sporx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sporx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2005 at 7:32pm
^agreed.
Styro Folme View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Styro Folme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 October 2005 at 12:05am
^and nothing worse than sand in your shoes....
X
sporx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sporx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2005 at 10:21am
i don't think I would like playing in the sand. too soft.
CIA356 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CIA356 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2005 at 12:33am
Originally posted by Styro Folme Styro Folme wrote:

but wouldn't the sand get in the marker and screw it up during desperate crawling situations?

Yes it does actually, We just ask our players to try their best to keep their barrels up and out of the sand. If everyone makes an effort to do this it works out well but we have had some problems.
Snake6 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Outranked by guitarguy?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snake6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2005 at 10:52am
We use a backhoe for the trenches at our field.

No breaking backs!!!
aGUYnamedLARRY View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aGUYnamedLARRY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2005 at 10:44am
I have a trench in my field,  nobodys  ever been hurt playing at it and it's been there for 4 years.
The only thing bad about trenches is that they need maintenance.
The rain fills them up with dirt pretty quick  then you have to break your back to get it out again,  and then it's a bigger trench then you had in the first place.
sporx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sporx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 October 2005 at 12:12am
^ agreed
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Stare directly into my avatar...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 October 2005 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by DanManIt DanManIt wrote:

I think a trench would be a good idea for WW1 sims, just make sure there is a warning sign or something about 100 ft. away from it so people don't fall in.

Warning : Trench Fillied with paintballers on the OTHER team, use caution

Real Men play Tuba

[IMG]http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/1859/newsmall6xz.jpg">

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!

DONT CLICK ME!!1
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic