Slavery

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 26>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
borntopaint View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Likes to eat "Meat"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote borntopaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2005 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by Hades Hades wrote:

Stop trying to get handouts from the government. My tax money goes to that.   

*bows*  Thank you great one.   You have told the forum.  Now we must tell America.

"I normally refrain from conversation during gestation."
Hades View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2005 at 4:35pm
You people need to take responsibility for your actions!!!!

If you hadnt seceded from the union the south wouldnt have burned.!!!! Stop trying to get handouts from the government. My tax money goes to that.   

entropy View Drop Down
Future BTK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote entropy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2005 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by Roll Tide Roll Tide wrote:

Yeah! Alabama is number 10 poorest! We need a lottery.

If we recognize that slavery still affects blacks today, we must also recognize that the burning of the South during the Civil War is one of the reasons the southern states are generally poorer. Atlanta was burned to the ground, as were many other southern cities.

The southern states are generally poorer because they relied too heavily and for too long upon a dying monopoly.

Oh, and they got HOUSE'd.

Edited by entropy
Roll Tide View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

NEVER had a STRIKE!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roll Tide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2005 at 4:31pm

Yeah! Alabama is number 10 poorest! We need a lottery.

If we recognize that slavery still affects blacks today, we must also recognize that the burning of the South during the Civil War is one of the reasons the southern states are generally poorer. Atlanta was burned to the ground, as were many other southern cities.

<Removed sig for violation of Clause 4 of the New Sig Rules>
Hades View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2005 at 4:25pm
They are rich too, and probably Republican...

DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2005 at 4:23pm
Yeah? No one said rich people were smart. Look at all the televangelists today that are on tv.
Hades View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2005 at 4:21pm
But, he is rich....

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2005 at 4:19pm
I never said it did. And most of hollywood is made up of morons. Tom Cruise anyone?
Hades View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2005 at 4:18pm
There are lots of rich Democrats as well. What is the point? Most of Hollywood are Democrats. I am sure there are rich third partiers....

I wonder where Bill Gate stands?

Oh, just cause your rich doesnt mean your smart.

Edited by Hades

agentwhale007. View Drop Down
Strike 2 - Flaming 9/12

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2005 at 4:16pm

Originally posted by DBibeau855 DBibeau855 wrote:

... That isn't what i said. I didnt say republicans are rich, i said there are a lot of rich people that are republicans.

The Johnsons
The Peabodies
The Heintz

Ect.. ect..

And I fail to see the point...

Hey, nice marmot!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2005 at 4:15pm
... That isn't what i said. I didnt say republicans are rich, i said there are a lot of rich people that are republicans.

The Johnsons
The Peabodies
The Heintz

Ect.. ect..

And these states are poor because their main source of their income is farming, tobaco, wheat and what have you. The north has always been wealthy because of big buisiness, especialy new york.

Edited by DBibeau855
Strike 2 - Flaming 9/12

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2005 at 4:13pm

That's strange, normaly the best and the brightest of us are the most succsesful and wealthy. Why is it then there are so many poor as dirt librals.

Good point.

Top 10 poorest states in the U.S.A.

1)  Mississippi
2)  Arkansas
3)  Utah
4)  New Mexico
5)  West Virginia
6)  Lousiana
7)  South Carolina
8)  Oklahoma
9)  Kentucky
10) Alabama

Red states anybody?

Now for some blue states...

Top 10 Richest States in the U.S.A.

1)  District of Columbia
2)  Connecticut
3)  New Jersey
4)  New York
5)  Massachusetts
6)  Maryland
7)  Hawaii
8)  Nevada
9)  Alaska
10) Illinois

Edited by agentwhale007.

Hey, nice marmot!
entropy View Drop Down
Future BTK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote entropy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2005 at 3:59pm

That's strange, normaly the best and the brightest of us are the most succsesful and wealthy. Why is it then there are so many poor as dirt librals.

That's not even true...10 of the 10 poorest states are red states. Most of the 10 wealthiest are blue. So...did you have a point?
entropy View Drop Down
Future BTK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote entropy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2005 at 3:56pm
A disagreement of opinion doesn't mean anyone is less intelligent than you. Some people feel giving money to the impoverished is not an effort they should be required to aid in, so be it. Some people don't care about what slaves ancestors may or may not be feeling the effects of all these years later. That does not show they are any smarter or dumber than you. It is simply a difference of opinion.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2005 at 3:56pm
Strike 2 - Flaming 9/12

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2005 at 3:49pm

News flash. Being a libral does not make you inteligent.

This thread seems to show otherwise.

Hey, nice marmot!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2005 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by Hades Hades wrote:

Whale: I have noticed and it scares me....

/Me goes and reads a Gun Digest to try to stop the damage.

Ew..
Hades View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hades Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2005 at 3:45pm
Whale: I have noticed and it scares me....

/Me goes and reads a Gun Digest to try to stop the damage.

Edited by Hades

USNR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USNR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2005 at 3:45pm

Reparations bother me.

Why should I be held accountable for the percieved social norms of society over a hundred years ago?

Slaveholders understood their practices to be normal, hence it's being allowed to thrive.

Today, we know better. Though slaver, racism, and prejudice exist at all levels of life wherever you go, I don't believe for one second that I am responsible.

"Judge me by who I am, not who my father was"

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2005 at 3:45pm
News flash. Being a libral does not make you inteligent.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 26>
  Share Topic