Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Slavery

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 26>
Author
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by agentwhale007. agentwhale007. wrote:

Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

No, they don't do it themselves. Those kids don't have much of a choice where they go to school, and who lives in your neighborhood.

Come on, don't play that I had it rough card with me. You've claimed multiple times that your family has a lot of money. People who grow up poor understand how impossible it is to move. Whether you want to admit it or not, our country and it's people are still effected by the appalling things we did to them years ago.

Just give up Dune, Dbib lives in lala zany cartoon world where America can do no wrong.

If he knows he is wrong, he plays the apathetic card. Ala in the Police thread saying he didnt care, and now in this one saying he dosent care.

I can only care about something for so long. And yes, i do live in a completely different world than you, and im proud of it.
agentwhale007. View Drop Down
Strike 2 - Flaming 9/12

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 2:48pm

Unless you won the lottery, you didn't rise out of the level of poverty that the majority of these people are in.

Whale's right, it's pure blindness and an unwillingness to admit faults.

Its the "Scared white man" theory. Its the same reason so many whites are opposed to Affirmitive Action and groups like the NAACP.

Its the same people that insist that there should be a WET and wonder why they cant use the N-word.

Its those people that think slavery wasa good thing.

Scared white man syndrome.

Edited by agentwhale007.

Hey, nice marmot!
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 2:48pm
I'd be proud too if I didn't have to face hardships daily, struggle to read, keep my head down during random gunfire, and struggle to recreate a population nearly destroyed by white people.
Predatorr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predatorr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 2:48pm
its called rich fairfax county world where a small house costs $400,000 so we know nothing of poverty or living at subsistence level.  I too live there.
DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 2:49pm

Unless you won the lottery, you didn't rise out of the level of poverty that the majority of these people are in.

Whale's right, it's pure blindness and an unwillingness to admit faults.

I was so poor when i was little. I had one meal a day and that meal was a bowl of them little bulion cube things. Every single day. For about 3 years. The smell of them make me nausious. Now im very blessed with money. I give to charities and the smithsonia museum in DC. There are other aspects of my life that are were trying as well.
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 2:50pm
Scared white man syndrome is hereditary too Whale. That's the scary part.

Edited by Dune
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by Predatorr Predatorr wrote:

its called rich fairfax county world where a small house costs $400,000 so we know nothing of poverty or living at subsistence level. I too live there.

500,000 at my mothers house. The pricetag on my apartment would shock you.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 2:51pm

Scared white man syndrome is hereditary too Whale. That's the scary part.

The only black person i see in my neiborhood is homeless. At the church, lots of homeless people in general, not all black though. Just crazy people.
Strike 2 - Flaming 9/12

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 2:52pm

Scared white man syndrome is hereditary too Whale. That's the scary part.

Im not sure. My parents are all racist, weither they admidt it or not. I really just dont get racisim at all.

BTW, If you are one of those idiots that say "Im not racist but...I just dont like 'gangstas and thugs" You really are a racist. You dont like the "Thug" lifestyle becuase it has become one form of the embodyment of the black urban culture, and it scares you. You are racists, you just find a better way to say it.

Hey, nice marmot!
Predatorr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predatorr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 2:53pm

Originally posted by DBibeau855 DBibeau855 wrote:

its called rich fairfax county world where a small house costs $400,000 so we know nothing of poverty or living at subsistence level. I too live there.

you mean the 300,000 apartments out by springfield mall?  Or the ones for like 2000 a month?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 2:54pm
Or you find people shooting people for shoes and wearing baggy jeans hanging half way down your butt offensive.
Strike 2 - Flaming 9/12

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 2:54pm

Or you find people shooting people for shoes and wearing baggy jeans hanging half way down your butt offensive.

You find pants offensive?

Hey, nice marmot!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 2:54pm

you mean the 300,000 apartments out by springfield mall? Or the ones for like 2000 a month?

Nah, i live in an apartment in DC off and on. The house im talking about is in Island Creek, up the street from where your mom works.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 2:55pm

When i can see your underware. Yes. I just dont like poorly dressed people.
Strike 2 - Flaming 9/12

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 2:56pm

When i can see your underware. Yes. I just dont like poorly dressed people.

Im sure you dont mind when a female has her thong pulled up over her jeans.

No problem there, right?

Haha. Your offended by "Poorly dressed people"?? Thats just sad, honestly.

Hey, nice marmot!
Predatorr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predatorr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 2:57pm

you mean the 300,000 apartments out by springfield mall? Or the ones for like 2000 a month?

Nah, i live in an apartment in DC off and on. The house im talking about is in Island Creek, up the street from where your mom works.

ohhh, the prices of town homes are crazy though, and im not even talking about the good ones

Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Stare directly into my avatar...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 2:58pm
Slavery was wrong, theres no doubt in that.  It was important and probably one of the few reasons our nation's economy survived but it doesn't justify it. 

So what are we supposed to do?  Go back in time and free them?  We've already appologized, we've made amends.  Its amazing though, my family hasn't even LIVED in any part of the nation where slavery existed.  My father's family came straght from Scotland and his mother came from the Midwest long after slavery was abolished.  My mother's family came from Wisconsion and she came her long after even the Civil rights movement.  My family hasnt had any part in slavery, but to subject us to punishment such as Affermative Action just because of the color of our skin is wrong, almost as wrong as slavery.  The same goes to attacking my family about the Native Americans or the Mexicans.

The only thing you could pin on my family is what happened to the Hawaiians because yes, we lived in Hawaii at the time of the overthrow and yes, we were White.  Does that mean my family were the bussinessmen that overthrew her?  No, my great-grandfather made molds for the gears in the plantations.  However, because I am White, I have a fairly large group of Hawaiians and even Filipinos that call me "stupid hauloe" (thats a gentler varation of what I'm really called) on a daily basis.  I'll admit, I havent got the worst of it.  In some public schools they have "kill haoule day".  Do the adults know about it?  Of course they do!  Heck, it was a topic mentioned on a talk radio show when a caller asked about if the schools are safe and the host basically told her it was "no biggie".

So in summery for those who dont want to read the whole thing, slavery was wrong, but to blame it on an entire other race is just as bad.
Real Men play Tuba

[IMG]http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/1859/newsmall6xz.jpg">

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!

DONT CLICK ME!!1
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 2:58pm
I don't mind it. Ile take a gander. And yes, i am offended by poorly dressed people sometimes. Especialy when they choose to dress poorly.
Strike 2 - Flaming 9/12

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 2:58pm
Affirmitive Action is not a punishment.

Hey, nice marmot!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 2:59pm

ohhh, the prices of town homes are crazy though, and im not even talking about the good ones

Oh i know it. The town home i used to live in, it was in the edison district, it got sold for 300,000 it wasnt even that big. 3 floors. Small kitchen. Rediculous.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 26>
  Share Topic