Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Slavery

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 26>
Author
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Stare directly into my avatar...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by agentwhale007. agentwhale007. wrote:

Affirmitive Action is not a punishment.

Its not intended to be so, yes, but in reality it is.

Having to give up your shot at a collage you have worked your whole life to get into because someone who is African American wants that same spot and his grades are only slightly lower then yours.

Real Men play Tuba

[IMG]http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/1859/newsmall6xz.jpg">

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!

DONT CLICK ME!!1
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 3:01pm

Originally posted by DBibeau855 DBibeau855 wrote:

When i can see your underware. Yes. I just dont like poorly dressed people.

How are they poorly dressed?

If I am sporting my $80 FUBU jeans, which were designed to ride low, and my $150 Nikes, and $2500 worth of gold chains and gold teeth, I have a very put together and deliberate look.

I am not "poorly dressed".  I may represent a different fashion than what you are accustomed to, but I am actually very well dressed.  You might as well criticize a Frenchman for wearing t-shirts that Americans would consider indecently tight.

Jim Paint View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Dukes of Hazzard is SOOO Last Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim Paint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 3:02pm
I personally think that if the slaves were freed right away, they may have become sharecroppers for their old masters, or they could head into the west and claim land, and set up their own farms.

saepe fidelis
DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

If I am sporting my $80 FUBU jeans, which were designed to ride low, and my $150 Nikes, and $2500 worth of gold chains and gold teeth, I have a very put together and deliberate look.

I am not "poorly dressed". I may represent a different fashion than what you are accustomed to, but I am actually very well dressed. You might as well criticize a Frenchman for wearing t-shirts that Americans would consider indecently tight.

I would emediatly think that you lack culture and inteligence. To me that is almost on the verge of vulgar. Go to a museum exibit dressed like that. Or an opra or a play. You would get laughed at. Poorly dressed.
Razgriz Ghost View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Implosion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Razgriz Ghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 3:03pm

People it was almost 300 years ago bringing it up on a forum is not going to fix what happened.

Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 3:06pm

I am not "poorly dressed". I may represent a different fashion than what you are accustomed to, but I am actually very well dressed. You might as well criticize a Frenchman for wearing t-shirts that Americans would consider indecently tight.

I would emediatly think that you lack culture and inteligence. To me that is almost on the verge of vulgar. Go to a museum exibit dressed like that. Or an opra or a play. You would get laughed at. Poorly dressed.

I would think that people who can't spell immediate or intelligence lack culture and intelligence. However, I would be wrong. As you would be in your assumption.

Frozen Balls View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1, filter dodge, 1.28.10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frozen Balls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 3:06pm
dbibeau, going to a play doesn't make you cultured or intelligent. Much less an opera.

Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 3:06pm

Originally posted by Darur Darur wrote:

Having to give up your shot at a collage you have worked your whole life to get into because someone who is African American wants that same spot and his grades are only slightly lower then yours.

No. There's nothing more to say than you're wrong.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 3:07pm
English isn't my first language. I speak four languages...
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 3:08pm

Try wearing a pinstripe suit or a tuxedo to a barbershop in the hood.  That would also be poorly dressed.

The guy with low-riders doesn't LACK culture - he just has a DIFFERENT culture than yours.  Opera is not "more" cultured than "White Chicks" (the movie).  It is just different.

You are simply equating "different" with "inferior".

Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 3:08pm

Are you a citizen by birth?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 3:09pm

English isn't my first language. I speak four languages...

What makes you think that English is the first language for anybody else around here...?

Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by Frozen Balls Frozen Balls wrote:

dbibeau, going to a play doesn't make you cultured or intelligent. Much less an opera.

Sure it does. Thats what culture is. You enjoy different things from different cultures, enjoying traditions enjoyed by other nations. You start to cultivate yourself. Plus the social gatherings are sometimes fun, but often very boring.
Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

Did you read my other post?  If so you might understand what I was saying . . .

If you didn't, I'll do it for you.  Imagine that same scenerio but that white boy that just got rejected has no ties to slavery other then he is white.

Still seem fair?

Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!

DONT CLICK ME!!1
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 3:10pm
You do not understand Afirmative Action, that's where you go wrong.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 3:10pm

Try wearing a pinstripe suit or a tuxedo to a barbershop in the hood. That would also be poorly dressed.

The guy with low-riders doesn't LACK culture - he just has a DIFFERENT culture than yours. Opera is not "more" cultured than "White Chicks" (the movie). It is just different.

You are simply equating "different" with "inferior".

On my free time I wouldnt be cought dead in "the hood"
Predatorr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predatorr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 3:11pm

well its kind of true about affirmative action.  My friend is A+ certified to work on computers at like best buy or something.  And a black guy who was C+ certified and indeed was wearing the bagy fubu jeans, gold chains, and talking slang got the job because of affirmative action. I fail to see how this makes any sense. But my friend got a job somewhere else so im just stating what happened.  I wouldn't care about AA unless my job was given to someone underqualified.

Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 3:11pm

Its supposed to make things "equal" for everybody by creating quotas of how many of each race are admitted into schools and even jobs.

The reason it was created: To make amends for slavery and racism.

Real Men play Tuba

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!

DONT CLICK ME!!1
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 3:12pm

Why not? Because you refuse to associate with "those" people, all of whom are not bad? Because you're scared of what that neighborhood has become because of the little funding and poor education? Or because you think you're better?

Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 3:12pm

Its supposed to make things "equal" for everybody by creating quotas of how many of each race are admitted into schools and even jobs.

The reason it was created: To make amends for slavery and racism.

You know what it is, but you do not understand how it works.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 26>
  Share Topic