Forum Home Forum Home > News And Views > Thoughts and Opinions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Slavery

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 26>
Author
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Rugged Individualist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by DBibeau855 DBibeau855 wrote:

English isn't my first language. I speak four languages...

What languages can you speak?
DBibeau855 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 3:13pm
Those companies hurt themselves because they hire inferior workers. If they want to do it. Let them.
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 3:13pm

Do you see the inconsistency between these two statements?

Originally posted by DiBi DiBi wrote:

Thats what culture is. You enjoy different things from different cultures, enjoying traditions enjoyed by other nations. You start to cultivate yourself.

On my free time I wouldnt be cought dead in "the hood"

Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 3:13pm

Those companies hurt themselves because they hire inferior workers. If they want to do it. Let them.

Once again, someone who doesn't understand the true implementation of Afirmative Action.

Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Stare directly into my avatar...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by Dune Dune wrote:

Originally posted by Darur Darur wrote:

You do not understand Afirmative Action, that's where you go wrong.

Its supposed to make things "equal" for everybody by creating quotas of how many of each race are admitted into schools and even jobs.

The reason it was created: To make amends for slavery and racism.

You know what it is, but you do not understand how it works.

Then teach me, I'll listen

Real Men play Tuba

[IMG]http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/1859/newsmall6xz.jpg">

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!

DONT CLICK ME!!1
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 3:14pm

Why not? Because you refuse to associate with "those" people, all of whom are not bad? Because you're scared of what that neighborhood has become because of the little funding and poor education? Or because you think you're better?

They dont take kindly to a rich white kid in south east DC.. It would be like that scene from Die Hard With a vengance.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by Bango Bango wrote:

English isn't my first language. I speak four languages...

What languages can you speak?

English, French, Spanish, I can understand Breton, And read latin because of church stuff. I can semi speak creole but its difficult.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
IIIIIMMMMM BAAACCCKKK

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DBibeau855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

Thats what culture is. You enjoy different things from different cultures, enjoying traditions enjoyed by other nations. You start to cultivate yourself.
<!-- Signature -->

Yup. I perfer what is called "High Culture"
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 3:16pm

Its supposed to make things "equal" for everybody by creating quotas of how many of each race are admitted into schools and even jobs.

The problem occurs with companies, employers, etc. who may or may not use race as a basis for who gets hired. However, it is supposed to be used, as with many types of job and school openings as a way to allow more minorities equal chances. So in addition to those spots already open, more spots would be allotted for minorities, and those who do not qualify would not be allowed in. It is not the fault of the program, just those who do not know how to implement it or those who hate it because they don't understand it.

Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 3:17pm

Originally posted by Clark Kent Clark Kent wrote:

<!-- Signature -->

High culture maybe to you. But that's just your opinion. You thinking you're superior shows me you have little understanding for the culture of the inner city and the code of the streets.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 3:17pm

They dont take kindly to a rich white kid in south east DC.. It would be like that scene from Die Hard With a vengance.

Maybe if you wore FUBUs instead of a Polo shirt...

I have been to S.E.  There are some very bad neighborhoods there.  There are also some perfectly nice neighborhoods that white folk are scared of for no reason.

You should venture in.  There are some great restaurants there (more of that "culture" stuff...).

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 3:18pm

And thus you have completely and irrefutably proven my point for me.

Predatorr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predatorr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 3:19pm
I think that it would be worse if you hired a minority worker and had to fire him/her because of poor performance.
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 3:19pm

Originally posted by Predatorr Predatorr wrote:

I think that it would be worse if you hired a minority worker and had to fire him/her because of poor performance.

You don't have to hire anyone. White people are fired everyday for poor performance, but no one says anything.

Predatorr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predatorr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 3:22pm

it's common place to see a white person fired for slacking or the like, but when a minority worker gets cut, you tend to see lawsuits and such.  Im not saying this in prejudice, but im saying this from what i see in the news.  And i like Dbib prefer the Fine elements of culture.  In fact one of my black friends goes golfing with me and to polo stores.  He's quite the geltleman and he's black.  The stereotype that black people live the ghetto life makes me laugh.  There is a mixed culture of blacks, middle eastern, and white people and my local country club.

Darur View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Stare directly into my avatar...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darur Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 3:23pm

The problem occurs with companies, employers, etc. who may or may not use race as a basis for who gets hired. However, it is supposed to be used, as with many types of job and school openings as a way to allow more minorities equal chances. So in addition to those spots already open, more spots would be allotted for minorities, and those who do not qualify would not be allowed in. It is not the fault of the program, just those who do not know how to implement it or those who hate it because they don't understand it.

Sounds exactly like what I thought.  A program based on race.

Why not go a step further towards equality and base the program on where people live and their wealth.  The program is deisgned to help minorities better themselves, but if they are already very well off why not stretch it down to those who arent better off and live off what they can, including the whites. 

That sounds more fair to me.

Real Men play Tuba

[IMG]http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/1859/newsmall6xz.jpg">

PH33R TEH 1337 Dwarf!

DONT CLICK ME!!1
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 3:24pm
It's fine culture to play golf and wear polo? I don't think it's fine culture, I hate that stuff.
Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 3:25pm

Why not go a step further towards equality and base the program on where people live and their wealth.  The program is deisgned to help minorities better themselves, but if they are already very well off why not stretch it down to those who arent better off and live off what they can, including the whites. 

There's much more to it that what I explained. It's a very difficult program to understand and I'm still working on it. In fact, many times there is emphasis placed on those who are in financial need as well, not only race.

Predatorr View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Rules 1 and 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predatorr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 3:25pm

because we white people are responsible for all the minority problems, or so we are told by our liberal friends such as Al Sharpton, whos views on just about everything but race, i can associate with.

Dune View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
<placeholder>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dune Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2005 at 3:25pm
You guys really need to do more reading and less listening to your parents.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 26>
  Share Topic