Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Paintball Equipment > Gun Maintenace and Repair
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Firing problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote USNR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Firing problems
    Posted: 27 August 2005 at 3:40pm

Okay, I know this is the Tippmann forum, but for as long as I've been ghosting here, this seems like the place to ask this.

A buddy of mine has an old BE Genesis. He brought it to me to take a look at because it doesnt fire properly.

When you run air through it, there are no leaks, and when you pull the trigger after cocking it, the bolt closes, but doesn't recock. There is a burst of air, just like normal, but there is no cycling of the bolt.

Yes, the tank is full.

Someone mentioned that it could be the 'cup seal' not knowing much about stacked tube markers, I ask, could the cup seal be the problem? I tore it all down and looked, and nothing seemed damaged or worn. What exactly IS the cup seal?

I'm more familiar with tippmann markers, so I figured that maybe someone on here would be able to help out.

Thanks.

Monk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2005 at 10:42pm
Seeings how its a stacked bolt like you said.

Id treat it like a spyder. Check to see if the hammer has an oring. A friend of mine had a problem with it not cocking, and the oring was gone causing air to go past it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic