Tippmann Paintball Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Tippmann Paintball > Paintball Ideas / News From Tippmann
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Trigger IDea

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Spam 11-19

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TruePaintballer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trigger IDea
    Posted: 13 September 2005 at 7:36pm
Well this idea probably would have a lot of problems, but i think its neat...what if the trigger on your gun was a sensor instead of a customary trigger...like in those sinks were it washes when you go into the beam...I have no idea how it would work or even start on problems...I just thought it would be neat.
Outlaws
*Sponsors*
Abrika
Monk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2005 at 7:52pm
Last I heard, a company was working on it.

I also remember someone saying that SP was working on a touch lamp type trigger.

But I think both fell through.
Kpoofs View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
strike1, filter dodge 8-7

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kpoofs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2005 at 8:00pm
Angles use that method of shooting, the trigger passes through a laser beam and it fires.  Quite interesting.
I Have a B2K and a 98c.
bluemunky42 View Drop Down
Guested. Middle Finger post.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bluemunky42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2005 at 8:22pm
sounds neat.
IONKID View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IONKID Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2005 at 9:03pm
Definately has potential.  Sounds exciting.  hmmmmmmmm.... COOL IDEA!!  I wanna c it.
brihard View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Making stuff up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brihard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2005 at 2:20pm
Let's adapt a clapper to an electronic firing system. Two claps, and it fires a three round burst. It could be done.

*singing* "Clap on-'pop' Aaigh! Clap off- 'pop' Gaaah!"
"Abortion is not "choice" in America. It is forced and the democrats are behind it, with the goal of eugenics at its foundation."

-FreeEnterprise, 21 April 2011.

Yup, he actually said that.
Razgriz Ghost View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Implosion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Razgriz Ghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2005 at 3:56pm
My friend and I theorized up a trigger that was like the touch mouse of a laptop. Those work, as far as we know, by static electricity jumping from the finger to the pad. It would be cool to incorperate this into a trigger wouldn't it? You're idea is awesome by the way I'm not trying to thread steal here.  
FoRenSiC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FoRenSiC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2005 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by Razgriz Ghost Razgriz Ghost wrote:

My friend and I theorized up a trigger that was like the touch mouse of a laptop. Those work, as far as we know, by static electricity jumping from the finger to the pad. It would be cool to incorperate this into a trigger wouldn't it? You're idea is awesome by the way I'm not trying to thread steal here.  

That would be cool. It would probably be possible too.
Clark Kent View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Kent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2005 at 6:21pm

But why?

A good electro trigger helps you shoot faster, by providing just a little resistance, to help you move your fingers.  Try it - can you drum out 20bps on a table top?  It's pretty hard to do on a solid surface.

TruePaintballer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Spam 11-19

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TruePaintballer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2005 at 6:58pm
i have no clue...i was just thinking some people might enjoy it
Outlaws
*Sponsors*
Abrika
Razgriz Ghost View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
Guested - Implosion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Razgriz Ghost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2005 at 7:36pm
hell yeah you can shoot over 20 bps. You're just touching the board and then it fires.
Mephistopheles View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member
DELETED!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mephistopheles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2005 at 7:53pm
Why? To remove any and all trigger/switch bounce. It's actually quite effective. And was done for a few months now. Of course with their NOX board for it to work, not just a simple plug and play setup for markers.

The company that does did this was LTD, their website was www.ltdgear.com However it seems they're MIA.
Roll Tide View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

NEVER had a STRIKE!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roll Tide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 September 2005 at 11:45pm

Originally posted by FoRenSiC FoRenSiC wrote:

Originally posted by Razgriz Ghost Razgriz Ghost wrote:

That would be cool. It would probably be possible too.

Possible, yes. It would be prone to getting dirty and damaged, not to mention probably illegal in tournament play.

<Removed sig for violation of Clause 4 of the New Sig Rules>
JohnnyCanuck View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
In soviet Canuckistan...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyCanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2005 at 7:34pm
we use proximity switches at work for various task if you use a foot pedal switch to activate an unscrambler, to give your foot a break, they have a prox switch on the console, you just rest your hand on the console, and drop your finger on the prox to activate the unscrambler,  I'm positve something could be done on a smaller scale that would work very well on a marker.
Imagine there’s a picture of your favourite thing here.
Dye Playa View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Guested- Reposted Inapropiate Link.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dye Playa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2005 at 8:15pm
good idea yo
TruePaintballer View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Strike 1 - Spam 11-19

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TruePaintballer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 September 2005 at 8:23pm
well my good friend likes this idea and thinks its possible...we are starting to make a prototype within the next week
Outlaws
*Sponsors*
Abrika
Dead_George52 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dead_George52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2005 at 11:47pm
Cool Idea.

Wasn't someone on here talking about making a trigger out of a
Nintendo "A" button? What ever happened to that?
whack-a-mole View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Member of the "I Have No Life Club"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whack-a-mole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2005 at 12:59am
The idea has potential. I think it would be cool if they could get it to work right. If done correctly I think it would put the e-grip and r/t out.
NASA and the Americans spent millions of dollars and hundreds of hours to develop a pen that would write in space.....The Russians used a pencil.
sporx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sporx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 September 2005 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by Dead_George52 Dead_George52 wrote:

Cool Idea.

Wasn't someone on here talking about making a trigger out of a
Nintendo "A" button? What ever happened to that?

That would be awesome. That idea gets my vote!
ANARCHY_SCOUT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
strike 1 1/24 rudeness to newer members

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ANARCHY_SCOUT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 September 2005 at 12:00am
hey peeps there is a laser trigger but i hear it got banned/illeagal.
Gamertag: Kataklysm999
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic